[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT Issues 7/18

Comments

• TeddySenpaiiTeddySenpaii
    Reactions: 105
    If only there was data that could have been analyzed to try to prevent this from happening, or maybe even finding an alternative to
    TurtlesRock
  • GlastondaleGlastondale
    Is it possible to maybe have a different DMT time for different worlds? Of course if you are going to have 3 slots of 1 hour each, people are going to crowd the entire server and it will necessarily crash again unless drastic improvements are made to the server capacity and/or code.
  • PureLifeArkPureLifeArk
    Reactions: 310
    I feel like the message spam with the miracle blessing is just causing unnecessary lag issues. All the players coming in at once trying to cube in the 1 hour span is bad enough. Just a suggestion to get rid of the message spam and maybe expand the miracle time a bit more so people don't feel rushed to come in and cube during that short time.
    TurtlesRock
  • BerrtttBerrttt
    Reactions: 110
    For the second time double miracle time has failed. It’s my fault I should have known something was up, but I bought cubes during DMT. So now I can’t even get into my cash shop inventory. The one time I got in EVERYTHING got wiped. My inventory, nx, reward points, and maple points. NEXON, this is really unacceptable cmon. I CANT CUBE DURING DMT INTENDED FOR CUBING. My inventory gets wiped. This BETTER be a bug wow.

I agree with Ludus22. We should be compensated with free cubes or mesos or something because this is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.
  • dieselexdieselex
    can we stop with the apologies and just make it a 24 hour event.
    TurtlesRock
  • RebootDMTRebootDMT
    Reactions: 120
    Disappointed but not surprised
    WONDERGUYTurtlesRock
  • lucykptvulucykptvu
    Reactions: 415
    edited July 2020
    Really disappointed.
    WONDERGUYTurtlesRock
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    do you guys really thought a dev-team at nexon can recode-optimize the game client in 2-3days after years of spaghetti coding ?
    but is good that this time they dont throw the low player base count as cause of the lag and server instability
    3h of DMT vs 24h DMT wont change anything to better other then game sinking in lag for 24h instead of 3h

actual notice we will never see :
    servers was not able to process all the notification spam and cube rank up resets at once, we are working to optimize the system code in the future where everyone can be able to use without stresing the servers load, in the same time we are going to fix the same lag that comes at 2x events but this process of client rework will take a while so stay with us untill we resolve this

inbefore another tHaNkS NeXoN DmT WaS AwEsOmE.
    or imagine they announce 2x event as compesation and turn to bigger LAGFEST then DMT

• AKPolaB3arAKPolaB3ar
    Reactions: 820
    edited July 2020
    Seriously maybe be a little transparent about the situation. What is the actual plan? There is no way you guys just sit around and put out a plan of action and do not ask yourselves "What if this happens?". The message you are sending to the community from my perspective is that you really just do not care. Which is extremely disappointing seeing as how much your players invest into the game. We have all invested a lot into this game at this point and want to see it succeed. If you are having that much trouble managing the game maybe look at the plethora of suggestions that your community gives you. Even if you are having trouble with the game overall maybe ask the community for help like I mentioned we want to see this game succeed and continue because we enjoy it.
    WONDERGUYTurtlesRock
  • GuifelGuifel
    Reactions: 105
    I'm not sure why 24h DMT as many requested hasn't been discussed, it would be nice to have transparency on the matter.
    I can venture a guess that Nexon feels it's too lenient as limiting to 1-hours pressures the player more on making the best out of it; If that is the reason, I came upon an alternative idea for Reboot:

Daily Purchase Limit of Double Miracle Cubes
    • The premise is to change the current DMT system into the purchase of a limited amount of cubes from an event NPC daily over an arbitrary duration
      1. It would greatly reduce the strain on the server as players are not only able to buy those cubes at once instead of spamming 1xCube pls at the cash shop but also at any time during the day
      2. Make those cubes expire after 24h to pressure the players into using them instead of being able to save up for a future gear drop
    • I believe there are merits for the company such as
      1. Further incentivize players into logging over the event duration
      2. The ability to control how many Double Miracle Cubes players will be able to buy at most to limit their expected gains

Overall, players would be able to cube smoothly without having to sacrifice their schedules but they'll have to attend daily and have a limited amount of cubing possible.
    iLikeRichClo
  • mapler7mapler7
    Reactions: 340
    edited July 2020
    Is there going to be an announcement before the server turns into a dumpster fire again for rounds 5 and 6? Or is the "team" going to do nothing and pretend this never happened?
    TurtlesRockNotByakuya
  • Fried_RiceFried_Rice
    Reactions: 735
    edited July 2020
    It's 2020. Please find a way to improve on the servers/code created over a decade ago. Also, the chat spam for various cash shop related openings needs to go! I don't know if it causes lag but it is totally unnecessary. The player base who is likely to spend on the boxes are already talking about it on discord/alliance/guild chat when you guys release the notes. Very few newbies are gonna even understand why there's text spamming their screen with xx getting a certain item from opening boxes or in this case getting miracle blessings. Please turn off those messages or give us the option to in game!

As for the 2nd compensation failure, just give 10 100% legendary potential scrolls out and be done with it. It's obvious the reboot population is too much for the servers to handle in the 1hr window you guys provide. Just hand out the scrolls and look towards working on "optimizing" the future events.

Thank you for your time.
    mapler7TurtlesRock
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    I don't play reboot but I feel for the reboot players.

To Anna: are you just going to have Ghiblee's single post be the only damage control for a second replica of the same issue for a week before the players will be able to hear from you? I firmly believe that the players just want to know what's up and what's going on. Did the team ever try getting someone from Amazon to diagnose server utility usage to see if the utilization was constantly running at 100%, try and see what was forcing high usage? Anything that might actually help to diagnose what exactly is causing the issue? From the player's perspective right now, you had what you called code optimization but the same exact event with the same exact ruleset and the same exact results happened from the frontend (client/players point of view). Which meant that from the clientside nothing was changed which ultimately led to players believing that nothing was done. I believe that we have no development team here at all and all service delivery, solutions management is done in Korea. Even if this might be the case, you guys should utilize support from whatever services is being used here in the states to help you out. Even if AWS can only just help identify what service is overloading the server, you have a firm step to help figure out how you can actually re-code or help alleviate the issue. Right now, my only feeling when we get Maple memos that are so vague is that you're only reading a script sent from Korea. To be honest, I don't want to be in that situation.
    GAMBlTTurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichClo
  • Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Please disable the spamming chat thing of DMT in megaphone!

We notice intense lag when DMT is in session, the second DMT ends, all lags r gone. At this point you should just remove every useless thing during DMT, that also includes the buff of 20 att.

JUST LET ME CUBE! I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF!!!!
    TurtlesRock
  • bloopeesbloopees
    Reactions: 525
    Imagine having that much loyal players/customers but the company treats them like...
    We dont want apologies, we want actions and actions that WORKS.
    TurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichClo
  • GAMBlTGAMBlT
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020
    Let me preface this by saying that I was one of the people making posts defending Nexon after the last DMT fiasco. I felt at the time that their oversight on the issue was understandable and that at the very least they had tried to communicate with us and tried to come up with a solution.

At this point, all I can really ask is for Nexon to 1) fix the game, or 2) just extend the duration of DMT. If there is some reason why Nexon cannot fix the underlying issues causing this event to be unplayable (poor coding, DMT messages, who knows), it stands to reason that DMT should have extended time-slots. Based on what Nexon has told us to date, I am under the impression that there is some specific reason why they cannot or do not want to extend DMT past 1-hour time slots (especially because Nexon Korea already does this). Not an expert, but server strain or something along those lines?

Hoping for some more transparency from Nexon this time, but its getting more and more difficult to remain optimistic.
    TurtlesRockiLikeRichClo
  • saltypokaisaltypokai
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    imagine a playerbase that is more nervous about if the game actually works than what they're going to get from the game.
    TurtlesRock
  • HowDoISharksHowDoISharks
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2020
    Holy **** i think my 12 year old little sister has better problem solving skills than all the monkey brains nexon tries to put together.

Do any of your staff actually play the game? At this point I genuinely think youre trying to make maplestory as bad as possible in order to force loyal players to quit and reduce the strain on the servers, but hey, if the money keeps coming in its fine right?
    TurtlesRock
  • dfntdfnt
    Reactions: 120
    I just wanted to thank Nexon for giving the push I needed to stop spending money on this stupid game. Was going to buy the perma transparent gear earlier this week and was starting to make a bera character cause I thought it'd be fun. But I think my maple time is mostly going to be chilling with guildies and doing boss carries. No need to further progress on a game that is consistently getting worse
    saltypokaiTurtlesRock
  • DualNexonDualNexon
    Okay if the moderators and GMs are actually serious about this issue, then here is two things they can do.

Put the DMT event over the whole weekend, like how hard is this to do? and if that's not possible then do it for 1 whole day at least? What do you guys lose from this?

And why was there a limited cube sale? Also, what do you guys lose from doing this? This really benefits the players, rather than doing it 1 hour before the DMT even which causes constant issues like being unable to connect to the cash shop to buy them. [Well this happen at the last DMT but looks like nothing was fixed so cool].

We as a general player base are probably not expecting compensation from you guys, seriously I think we're past that point, and the best you're going to do is give a 'Bebe Box'.

It's probably safe to say that you guys don't care, but that's okay because we're used to it anyway.

- A concerned citizen of GMS Maplestory REBOOT.
    TurtlesRock