[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Memo: Global Migration Update

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

gamechanger

RikNL
    RikNL said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
    Denvis
    Denvis said:

Thats good news! I guess we get to keep supreme medals aswell right?
    Don't rub it in :( I'm still sore that we never got supreme world
    agreed i want supreme...
    I as an EMS player say one thing. Supreme was damn hard. one channel 20 in the same map and all dying. The Medals are very nice and big.
    And when you go to Supreme for the first time you are in Kradia playing just normal and do the quest and the game logs automatically out and you see the character screen than you go to Supreme and you are logged in without PIC. That was so awesome to see.
    That's kind of the point. Some of us want a version of maplestory that has challenging mechanics instead of just massive meatshields for bosses. The new bosses are a step in the right direction, but due to the absurdly high health of them and their absurdly low time limits it doesn't matter because they require such a high range. Supreme world looked fun. It looked challenging in a good way
    Try and make a petition then if every one wants it? Or doesn't work NexonNA like that. NexonEU did sometimes like the "Sinterklaas en Zwarte Piet Event" (Sint-Nicolaas and Piet. Dutch Tradition) And implemented it in game.
    We have a hard enough time getting bug fixes and small QoL features implemented. Petitioning for something on the scale of supreme world would never work. If NexonNA wasn't planning on bringing it over anyway then we will never get it
    Lilyflower
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

RikNL
    RikNL said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
    Denvis
    Denvis said:

Thats good news! I guess we get to keep supreme medals aswell right?
    Don't rub it in :( I'm still sore that we never got supreme world
    agreed i want supreme...
    I as an EMS player say one thing. Supreme was damn hard. one channel 20 in the same map and all dying. The Medals are very nice and big.
    And when you go to Supreme for the first time you are in Kradia playing just normal and do the quest and the game logs automatically out and you see the character screen than you go to Supreme and you are logged in without PIC. That was so awesome to see.
    That's kind of the point. Some of us want a version of maplestory that has challenging mechanics instead of just massive meatshields for bosses. The new bosses are a step in the right direction, but due to the absurdly high health of them and their absurdly low time limits it doesn't matter because they require such a high range. Supreme world looked fun. It looked challenging in a good way
    Supreme wasnt challenging.

It was just a more p2w version of the regular servers with the classes being way more unbalanced and broken as well.

It would be nice to bring back Supreme if it was completely revamped as a truly harder version of Maplestory.
  • ForumKousForumKous
    Reactions: 1,085
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

that and bosses that actually need a good amount of people to beat them.
    Lucid :o?
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    ForumKous
    ForumKous said:

KingStarfire

I rather meant all bosses, I miss the expeditions.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

ForumKous
    ForumKous said:

KingStarfire

I rather meant all bosses, I miss the expeditions.
    I remember just after BigBang we did Horntail with out entire guild. Now I can do it easy solo. Times...
  • JetwinJetwin
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Another doubt.
    will disappear guilds?
    We have to create them 0?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Another doubt.
    will disappear guilds?
    That is what the notice says.
    You'll have to recreate them (and hope nobody steals your guild name).
  • DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    Reactions: 1,640
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Another doubt.
    will disappear guilds?
    so you have to pay for new guilds?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    DeadMalcolm

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Another doubt.
    will disappear guilds?
    so you have to pay for new guilds?
    yes, as that's how you create guilds since the revamp to the system
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    Atleast we only have to pay mesos one time for making the guild :)
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    i just wonder how it is going to take place.
    is it a maintance or does it just opens it automatical?

also we have kinda like a 9h time difference soooooooooo
    if it is a maintance i guess it will take until evening times before it comes out xD

oh well i guess i get used to does new maintance times sooner or later.
  • ArisatArisat
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    I'm from europe, but I played in GMS. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because of the region lock on steam, with this merge, will they be able to lift the region lock so people from Europe can play as well?
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    Arisat
    Arisat said:

I'm from europe, but I played in GMS. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because of the region lock on steam, with this merge, will they be able to lift the region lock so people from Europe can play as well?
    yes probably, but the problem is.. you will not be able to play on Luna, the world which lucated in EU. which i think is unfair .
    Nexon fail to udnerstand that many people from EU played GMS.
    i think they should let us play and trasnfer our accounts to Luna so we can also have normal pings.
  • Raira94Raira94
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

yes probably, but the problem is.. you will not be able to play on Luna, the world which lucated in EU. which i think is unfair .
    i think they should let us play and trasnfer our accounts to Luna so we can also have normal pings.
    but you can play on luna after the merge, at least that is how it was writen in the memo
    we can create chars in global world and likewise you guys can create chars in luna

but i dont think they going to allow char transfer :S
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

but you can play on luna after the merge, at least that is how it was writen in the memo
    we can create chars in global world and likewise you guys can create chars in luna

so in my case i've played more than 11 years and spent atleast 5,000 usd on this game. on my nx and cool stuff.
    you tell me i should just throw away 11 years of effort and the 5,000 usd i spent on game and prem nx ?
    and start new without even getting this nx?
    does it seem fair?, no its not fair. why does everyone get to play maplestorey on normal ping and is able to chose
    the server closest to his lucation but EU players who played GMS cant?
    i did nothing wrong i played the game and supported nexon , when there was no server in EU i understand
    but now when they would hold a server in EU why is it much to ask to play on EU server?
    balance or items or what not are all meaningless in pay to win game like maplestory.
    most people in Luna will quickly buy nx and get anything few times better than what i have. in 1 week of paying money you can
    get 10 times more than what you get with 11 years of playing . but we are talking here about something which is basic.
    keep my nx and being able to play with decent pings. if they can provide me good pings in Windia. sure.
    ill stay in windia no problem. but when all bosses are 1 ko and what decide if you can boss is your ping and reactions
    it makes game not playable. but i will honestly quit and play another game before i have to thow away everything and buy again prem nx and pets and perm teleport rock. players time and money should be appreciated and respected nexon cant tell us just throw away your money and buy everything new.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

so in my case i've played more than 11 years and spent atleast 5,000 usd on this game. on my nx and cool stuff.
    you tell me i should just throw away 11 years of effort and the 5,000 usd i spent on game and prem nx ?
    does it seem fair?, no its not fair. why does everyone get to play maplestorey on normal ping and is able to chose
    i did nothing wrong i played the game and supported nexon , when there was no server in EU i understand
    but now when they would hold a server in EU why is it much to ask to play on EU server?
    balance or items or what not are all meaningless in pay to win game like maplestory.
    most people in Luna will quickly buy nx and get anything few times better than what i have. in 1 week of paying money you can
    get 10 times more than what you get with 11 years of playing . but we are talking here about something which is basic.
    keep my nx and being able to play with decent pings. if they can provide me good pings in Windia. sure.
    ill stay in windia no problem. but when all bosses are 1 ko and what decide if you can boss is your ping and reactions
    it makes game not playable. but i will honestly quit and play another game before i have to thow away everything and buy again prem nx and pets and perm teleport rock. players time and money should be appreciated and respected nexon cant tell us just throw away your money and buy everything new.
    doing a character transfer to a server that is in a completely different continent isnt going to be simple like you would like to exclaim, which is probably why it's not going to happen. Heck, there are even problems doing normal server transfers within the NA servers already, cross-continental transfers will have an even harder time if it's even possible.

the players that can "choose" to connect to the server closer to them ave already been playing the EU version for years before this merge, other than some new players that may come post merge. but if they want to play Reboot day 1 or with friends in the NA servers after the merge they still have to abandon all their stuff on their old characters.

the EU server that is going to be part of GMS is the same server that is currently hosting EMS, they have been playing on that server since the split of EU from GMS.

you have to decide if the ping is worth the restart.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

doing a character transfer to a server that is in a completly different continent isnt going to be simple like you would like to exclaim, which is probably why it's not going to happen.

their choice and decision to make, but if they will not allow a transfer to Luna. by all mean good luck to them but i quit and im not the only one.
    i know atleast 30 budies who will quit if transfer wont be possible. and im sure there are many more.
    i know broa is full of israelian who cant handle pings /
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

their choice and decision to make, but if they will not allow a transfer to Luna. by all mean good luck to them but i quit and im not the only one.
    i know atleast 30 budies who will quit if transfer wont be possible. and im sure there are many more.
    What would you have done if there had been no migration and GMS and EMS remained separate?
    ShacoTheTacooWiceak
  • Raira94Raira94
    edited November 2016
    @Kuroll okaaaaaaaaay i didnt mean to say you should throw everything. i also didnt say that it is fair that you lose everything in order to switch to a better ping.
    i know you must be angry about but some ems player also wanted to switch with everything to a more popular world. its just not possible right now and they said it
    already a while ago when they declaired the merge. its okay to get angry about it, it is also okay to be disapointed, but its not okay to pin point everything on 1 person
    that just wanted to correct you about something she though you misundertand/misread.

when i start reading i though "huch all i did was telling him he is able to create a char on luna just like i can play reboot how did it turn out like that o.o".

i can really understand you since im also going to give up a lot for my switch but at the same time i wont lose everything since it is still going to be their
    you can play for fun in 1 world and keep all your hard work in another. beside this game is never meant to last forever one day its going to shut down maybe in 10 or 20 years maybe even longer and than ? everything will be gone just like that... and i guess in a way that also wont be fair....
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

What would you have done if there had been no migration and GMS and EMS remained separate?
    quit ^^ , i was actually on a long break and quitting.. pause.. and only came back because i saw about the merge :) the game and new system of bosses
    are unplayable with high pings. but mayplestory is quite expensive game and there are many others.
    so if i can keep my nx and pets and i dont need to buy it again. sure i would like to play with good pings.
    but if i have to spent all that much money again .. i;d rather pick another game. and not play and pay and throw my money on company who
    dont appreciate and respect my time and money spent