[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

100% Mana Battle Objective Cannot be Completed

StylarkStylark
Reactions: 610
edited October 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Event Objective

When entering Mana Battle for the Sengoku Asura Event and getting 100% mana in the gauge UI that appears above, the Minigame will complete before the time limit, but the objective for reaching 100% Mana in Mana Battle 1 time does not get marked off for completion in the Sengoku Scroll under the Assault Fort Asura Section. Either there are other requirements needed to complete this objective that's not specified, or this particular objective is bugged and cannot be completed.

Character Name: Stylark

Character Level: 255

Character Job: Aran

World Name: Scania

Date: 14th October, 2020, 2:46pm PST (as well as following hours after the first instant).

______EDIT: 7:47pm PST on the same day______

Okay actually I solved it after somebody told me. So this event objective is in fact bugged, but one way to complete it is that if you finish mana battle before the timer ends, and when youre transported in the exit room with Takeda Shingen; Open the sengoku scroll and click the asura fort to have it in the Assault Fort Asura section, leave it up and open, and then talk to Takeda Shingen to claim your boxes and leave. When I did this, it marked it for completion. I don't know if this will work for everyone, I have a feeling it may only work for some. Regardless, I'm just glad that it's a fixable bug and that people can still claim their reward this way.

Comments

• AichmessaAichmessa
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2020
    one way to complete it is that if you finish mana battle before the timer ends, and when youre transported in the exit room with Takeda Shingen; Open the sengoku scroll and click the asura fort to have it in the Assault Fort Asura section, leave it up and open, and then talk to Takeda Shingen to claim your boxes and leave. When I did this, it marked it for completion. I don't know if this will work for everyone

This doesn't work.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2020
    I too tried the workaround and wasn't able to receive any completion credit for it so it either doesn't work (for everyone), or there's another criteria to trigger it. Regardless this needs to be fixed anyways
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    If it's intended or not, it is unsure but it is more likely that the requirements is that your char is the one to last hit to finish the mana charge. My friend received her clear when she was sent into a map solo, another friend of mine got it after they left dot spam everywhere. This is pretty horrid as it's all up to RNG in hoping that you either last hit or get sent into a mana battle solo.

To be locked out of the final chair/mounts due to this is going to feel incredibly horrid for everyone.

*edit* according to a jms wiki, it was a bug that the clear was not being marked off. Took 3 weeks for the proper fix. Can we please not wait that long, especially if it was already known in JMS?
  • AichmessaAichmessa
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2020
    To be locked out of the final chair/mounts due to this is going to feel incredibly horrid for everyone.

Pretty much everyone is already locked out of the final chair for this week, since Eliminate the Oda Forces is also bugged.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Aichmessa wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone is already locked out of the final chair for this week, since Eliminate the Oda Forces is also bugged.

That one is working fine. It's just worded incorrectly, you need to clear floor 30 not reach it. If you're in Reboot, you're SOL unless you're 241+.
  • StephortlessStephortless
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2020
    Stylark wrote: »
    Bug Type: Event Objective

When entering Mana Battle for the Sengoku Asura Event and getting 100% mana in the gauge UI that appears above, the Minigame will complete before the time limit, but the objective for reaching 100% Mana in Mana Battle 1 time does not get marked off for completion in the Sengoku Scroll under the Assault Fort Asura Section. Either there are other requirements needed to complete this objective that's not specified, or this particular objective is bugged and cannot be completed.

Character Name: Stylark

Character Level: 255

Character Job: Aran

World Name: Scania

Date: 14th October, 2020, 2:46pm PST (as well as following hours after the first instant).

______EDIT: 7:47pm PST on the same day______

Okay actually I solved it after somebody told me. So this event objective is in fact bugged, but one way to complete it is that if you finish mana battle before the timer ends, and when youre transported in the exit room with Takeda Shingen; Open the sengoku scroll and click the asura fort to have it in the Assault Fort Asura section, leave it up and open, and then talk to Takeda Shingen to claim your boxes and leave. When I did this, it marked it for completion. I don't know if this will work for everyone, I have a feeling it may only work for some. Regardless, I'm just glad that it's a fixable bug and that people can still claim their reward this way.

Character Name: s7nergy

Character Level: 251

Character Job: Adele

World Name: Reboot

I have participated in over 15 mana battles and have yet to complete the 100% quest, can confirm it's bugged.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited October 2020
    Hello,
    We're reported this issue where Sengoku Scroll's 'Reach 100% Mana in Mana Battle' mission may not be completed even after meeting the requirement.
    Our team is looking into this issue and we hope to address it soon.
    Thank you for the report!
    YinYangX
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,
    We're reported this issue where Sengoku Scroll's 'Reach 100% Mana in Mana Battle' mission may not be completed even after meeting the requirement.

Can you please find out the requirements for this from KMS/JMS (whoever helped implement this for gms)?

Further reports from people show that it is possible that all the additional generals need to be defeated as well. Large whale, generals. This would mean that Fury, Frenzy, Kishin should NOT be used in this while balancing the bar so that it is not cleared as fast as possible.

I would like to know whether or not this is the requirement.

FYI for all - In JMS, mana battle works in a way that you start off with 50-50 split. Every second the Oda's Mana will automatically go up 1-4%. Every enemy you kill raises the Sengoku Mana by 1%, at 100 kills a special enemy is summoned (chances are we've all seen at least the princess no whale).
    In GMS, what most people probably notice is that even when the team "clears", the Mana bar ends up at around 98-99% and thus you never reach 100%. The problem that needs to be cleared up is whether or not this is a bug or it's hard locked at 98-99 because we do not kill all the special forces.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Can you please find out the requirements for this from KMS/JMS (whoever helped implement this for gms)?

Further reports from people show that it is possible that all the additional generals need to be defeated as well. Large whale, generals. This would mean that Fury, Frenzy, Kishin should NOT be used in this while balancing the bar so that it is not cleared as fast as possible.

FYI for all - In JMS, mana battle works in a way that you start off with 50-50 split. Every second the Oda's Mana will automatically go up 1-4%. Every enemy you kill raises the Sengoku Mana by 1%, at 100 kills a special enemy is summoned (chances are we've all seen at least the princess no whale).
    In GMS, what most people probably notice is that even when the team "clears", the Mana bar ends up at around 98-99% and thus you never reach 100%. The problem that needs to be cleared up is whether or not this is a bug or it's hard locked at 98-99 because we do not kill all the special forces.

Think it's what L4d2jpn said with your char having to last hit to make the 100%. Got a room by myself by chance and right afterwards, I was clear of that mission.

*Edit, oh wait, just realize you posted that. xd
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,

I've seen people say JMS had the same bug, or a similar bug, and they didn't even fix it until 3 weeks later. It's looking to be the same case for us unfortunately.
  • MarthRoyMarthRoy
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2020
    Is this going to be fixed at all soon? I'd really like to finish my scroll and not be barred from the full rewards when I've been doing every event quest each day. To be barred from acquiring: For Asura Conqueror Demolisher, 10 Arcane Symbols due to some bug out of our control would really stink.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    To be honest, I can be banned from the forums or whatever, but I'm calling nexonNA out on how this is being swept under the rug.

https://maplestory.nexon.co.jp/notice/view/950722 - 8/26 when the 2nd week opened up for JMS.

https://maplestory.nexon.co.jp/support/bugreport/view/14703/?p=2 - Message board post asking about the 100% Mana bug on 8/28 which is then addressed by GM's 5 days later, stating that it was fixed in a maintenance on 9/2.

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/62184/updated-october-26-v-217-sengoku-returns-asura-war-patch-notes - 10/14, week 2 missions are released in GMS.

Present day - 13 days later and a bug that was a KNOWN issue from copied content still isn't fixed. OR is it not an issue and the requirements are something so obscure that the only way to get it is to just get lucky and get into a solo room?

I've gone 2 weeks straight without getting it and for the next 2 weeks I have 0 hopes that I'm getting this legitimately or via luck.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited October 2020
    Hello,

We definitely apologize for the delay. We plan to address this issue during our Scheduled Minor Patch maintenance this Thursday, October 29.
    - Fixed an issue where the objective "Reach 100% Mana in Mana Battle 1 time" for Sengoku Scrolls were not fulfilled even when the objective was reached.

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/62823/scheduled-minor-patch-october-29-2020
    YinYangX
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Ty for the update.