[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Princess No - Disconnection Issues

HighGearHighGear
Reactions: 1,230
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Last stage of Princess No boss fight keeps causing disconnection after she loses 1/2 life bar.
It takes many minutes to reach her, so crashing the game, specially at that stage is EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT!

Comments

• MiVingareiMiVingarei
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2020
    totally agree with you...
    I believe this is a bug because it happened 3 times in a row at the same time!
    when the boss teleports to the upper platform and summons some flying electric fish. for some reason after you hit 5 ~ 10 on the boss you take dc. I was surprised because it happened 3 times in a row! (this happened also twice a few weeks ago but I didn't give a damn because I thought it must be my connection).
    To clarify:
    I tried this 2X boss and ended up taking the 2X dc and gave up.
    after a few weeks (today) I tried 3X again and took dc at the same time in 3X!
    if that's not a bug what the hell is it?
  • PathmakerPathmaker
    Reactions: 200
    The disconnection happens to me every single time and it must be a bug.

Every time Princess no reach the uppermost platform and the electric eels come out, I would drop offline like 90% of the time.

If I get lucky and don't drop offline, disconnection must occur when I hit the eels, or the wizards, or whatever.

I am SO FURIOUS, because I enter to fight Princess no like 5 times a day, and 7 days a week, like literally 35 times in total, and I CAN'T FREAKING FINISH the boss.
  • ElbartTheFirstElbartTheFirst
    Reactions: 700
    edited August 2020
    This issue is happening to me too.
    Everytime I try to kill her and she summons the Eels I'm disconected

Disconection Issue at the eels
  • ElbartTheFirstElbartTheFirst
    Reactions: 700
    edited August 2020
    Bug type: Disconection

Brief bug summary: Disconected at the first eels phase

More details:Everytime I reach the phase where she summons the electric eels I'm almost instantly disconected, it happend multiple times
    Video of the issue happening

Steps to reproduce: Go to princess no boss fight and hit her until she summons the eels than you will get disconect almost instantly
    (if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Vyriax

Character level: 226

Character job: Adele

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 25/08/2020 22:19 BRT

• MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2020
    According to Google this glitch has been posted to these forums at least six times; one of these dates back to December 2018. Since it can make clearing the boss nearly impossible I figured it was worth another post.

After depleting Princess No to 50% health she'll summon her eels at the top of the map, which can lag and disconnect the user in a few seconds. Some people have suggested that one can avoid the glitch in parties (3+, sometimes 2+). Some have suggested that one person should enter the map and take one for the team. Some have suggested that extending the fight (doing damage more slowly) and not touching the eels right away allows a player to avoid disconnecting. Other people have suggested that killing the eels extremely quickly is the key. In any case, one should not have to jump through hoops for a chance of not having to restart this tedious PQ.

I've been able to do clear this PQ in the past, but I have no idea what conditions allowed me to do it. It may have been that I was weaker and naturally took a longer time to clear, but I'll never know for sure.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    It's been fixed on and off / comes back some times. The most common temp-solution is the kill the eels fast option, at least for me.
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2020
    Accepting that as a solution is like accepting PNo's disconnection attack as part of the boss fight. It's similar to the acceptance that the Gollux portal is off-limits and that a vertical skill is a necessity, but Gollux gets more attention since it's a daily boss completed far more frequently than P.No is.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    No one's accepting that as the proper/final solution. The PNo eel disconnection bug is a bug that's resurfaces from time to time, like I said. Which means it has to be fixed each time and will probably come back again even after it's fixed.
  • SquishyAuraSquishyAura
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2020
    +1, I've also been getting this bug since the start of the awake patch. I'm not sure how to deal with the eels, because the amount of damage you deal to them is fixed, so the only solution is to do more lines, which I can't since I'm already spamming all my skills when they spawn.
  • Sh0wPhantomSh0wPhantom
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2020
    Same here, keeping getting dc while at fight with the princess.
    Would welcome any solution other than kill it faster cause seem it what causes the dcs
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2020
    Unfortunately it seems the only ways to avoid the DC currently is to either be a class that can kill the eels super quickly or be able to bind burst her before she can summon the eels, which is not a valid solution for players who don't have the damage output to do so

Had to help a few friends with this issue since they're able to kill PNo, but they lack the damage to burst her down in a single bind before the eels get summoned and DC them
  • EmlaynEmlayn
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2020
    Bug type: Crash

Brief bug summary: When fighting princess No weekly, upon getting to Princess No phase then her teleporting up with the eels, the game crashes within a few seconds

More details: happend to me 3 times this week, on the third time I was clipped through the floor on the bottom and the game crashed after. when I asked friends they claimed it was an issue on my own end however up until this week I was able to clear it with an average of a single crash per month typically near the start.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Go through the Princess No weekly boss fight.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Emlayn

Character level: 232

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 11/23/2020 9:00PM & 12:00PM, 11/24/2020 4:20PM
    PST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • EstarkoEstarko
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2020
    Yes it just happened to me. It happened to me yesterday too but I thought it was just a normal crash, and today while fighting princess no the same thing happened. It's related to the awake update.
  • WoShiWoShi
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2020
    +1 fix this crash, please
  • TheDollarousTheDollarous
    edited December 2020
    (+ a few more) I haven't personally experienced this yet, but several of my guild members have. They all say it happened when she teleported to the top platform with the eels.
  • ceebstasticceebstastic
    + a few more. Never happened to me before awake update but now a bunch of my guildies and I are crashing right when she teleports up. Please fix.
  • dpandpan
    edited December 2020
    Hey,
    Yeah, it's still happening, I thought it was fixed at the last big patch but its not. It just when she teleports up.
    +1 fix this crash, please!
  • WoShiWoShi
    edited December 2020
    Has Nexon taken note of this bug yet? As of 12/18/,2020 I'm still crashing after Princess no summons eels and teleports. I was able to last for five seconds before crashing.
  • TimidTigersTimidTigers
    Christmas day, it still crashes every single time. Out of almost 20 attempts total, only 1 attempt was successful. It's ridiculous how this hasn't been fixed or even addressed yet.
  • TimidTigersTimidTigers
    edited February 2021
    Bug type: Consistent crashing

Brief bug summary: Princess No constantly crashing when she teleports to the top platform and summons her eels.

More details: This has been a problem that has been reoccurring for me for weeks now and even seeing posts from over a year ago, I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed or even addressed. It takes long enough to get to Princess No herself with the fixed damage mobs and this ridiculously stupid teleport pink whale but 99% of the time when you get to Princess No herself, no matter what you do, 2 seconds after she summons her eels, the game crashes. For at least 4 weeks, only 1 of those weeks I was able to clear her. It isn't time dependent on when she will crash during the day. I've done it in the morning or in the middle of the night, same outcome every single time.

Steps to reproduce: Just get to Princess No and do enough damage to summon her eels. The game will crash briefly after.

Character name: TimidTigers

Character level: 239

Character job: Angelic Buster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: I've been trying to clear her for weeks with little to absolutely no success because of the constant crashing, starting from approximately 1 month ago.