[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MONAD: The First Omen] A reason to Fight (Act 3)

AdrenalionAdrenalion
Reactions: 100
edited May 2021 in Bug Reporting
Quest: Defeating Cayne and Einar in a spar (located inside Skuas [fortress of sort] of Abrup Basin.

The quest is supposed to be completed when a player defeats Cayne and Einar in a spar, however it repeats.

*Edited on May 13th 2021 after maintenance*

The bug is fixed now.

Thanks to all the staffs.

Comments

• JustMaxJustMax
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2021
    Bug type: Quest loop

Brief bug summary:
    I was doing the quest line for monad, specifically sparing with Einar and Cayne. After doing so I could not progress with the following quest as the required NPC was not there.

More details:

I finish fighting Einar and Cayne and completed the quest but i have not completed Alika's Research Materials quest, this is because there wasn't any way to complete it.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Accept Alika's Quest for one of the Acts.
    2. Finish sparing with Einar and Cayne.
    3. Get stuck in an endless loop of sparing with Einar and Cayne.

Character name:
    ShardMancer

Character level:
    Level 235

Character job:
    Adele

World name:
    Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
    4:24 Pm GMT+8
  • JustMaxJustMax
    edited April 2021
    OtdDbCu
  • JustMaxJustMax
    edited April 2021
    OtdDbCu.png
  • SqampSqamp
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited April 2021
    I'm stuck here too. Sparring in an endless loop with the same Act 2 quest still open, with only 1/3 of the materials needed to complete it.

Ax7NKAp.png
  • witchwishiiiwitchwishiii
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2021
    when i was doing my monad quest i got this quest to spar with cayne and einar call A reason to fight but when i finsih fighting them the quest reappear causing it to loop
  • FipieFipie
    edited April 2021
    Completing the Reason to Fight quest in Act 3 resets and does not complete the quest
  • SylvicSylvic
    edited April 2021
    Currently, I'm on the second time sparring with Cayne and Einar. I died a couple of times to each sparring match (It's hard to deal with Damage Reflect). Now, when I beat them, it takes me out of the instance and deletes my quest, so I can pick up the quest anew from Einar. It is supposed to let me keep my quest and turn it in, but it's automatically forfeiting me.

Things I have tried: Logging out, restarting computer, leaving Skuas, Forfeiting the quest mid spar (You cannot) and killing them with other abilities. (Fire Poison Mage)
  • BuraienBuraien
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2021
    I am also stuck in Act 3 of MONAD with endless "A reason to fight" quest repeating......
    and with no way to complete the "Alika's Research Materials" quest......
    Please fix
  • GoreGore
    Same. Stuck on the same quest "A reason to fight", endless loop.
  • witchwishiiiwitchwishiii
    edited April 2021
    i have the same problem its an unending loop
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2021
    Hello!
    Reported the issue where players are unable to proceed through MONAD's 'A Reason to Fight' quest.
    We'll try to address it as soon as we can, thank you for the report :)
  • MartySashaMartySasha
    Im stuck here too, luckily not only me get stuck on this quest
  • SqampSqamp
    edited April 2021
    Very sad to see this isn't being fixed in today's patch.

Edit: jk thanks Nexon for fixing it
  • SqampSqamp
    edited April 2021
    Posted the above comment before getting in game and trying it out myself.

It looks like now, the NPCs to start the quest "A Reason To Fight" aren't actually there anymore and we still can't proceed through Act 3 of MONAD. Einar is supposed to be on the platform above my character, but it's Peytour instead. And there's another Peytour NPC to the right.

1gfa97y.png
  • SqampSqamp
    edited April 2021
    Bug type: Quest bug

Brief bug summary: The bug from the previous version that didn't allow players to continue through Act 3 of MONAD is still present. The NPC to take the quest "A Reason To Fight" is not on the map, and the NPC Peytour is duplicated.

Steps to reproduce: Proceed to the point in Act 3 of MONAD where your next available quest is "A Reason To Fight." The NPC to take this quest will not be there.

Character name: Jinckx

Character level: 210

Character job: Luminous

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 4/29/2021 at 13:15 EST

1gfa97y.png

The quest description says Einar will also spawn at Skuas Entrance, so here is a picture of that map as well.

hzyVedF.png
    looooooon
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited April 2021
    Sqamp wrote: »
    -snip-

Hello,
    We applied a fix for this issue where '[MONAD: The First Omen] A reason to Fight' quest could not be completed during today's maintenance.
    Are you still stuck after maintenance? If so, please let us know!

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/66666/complete-scheduled-minor-patch-april-29-2021
  • SqampSqamp
    edited April 2021
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    -snip-

Hello,
    We applied a fix for this issue where '[MONAD: The First Omen] A reason to Fight' quest could not be completed during today's maintenance.

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/66666/complete-scheduled-minor-patch-april-29-2021

Yes. I posted this after today's maintenance. The quest "A Reason To FIght" is not even accessible now. It's "available" in the quest log, but there is no way to accept it.

In the above pictures in my post, it looks like the NPC that gives the quest, Einar, is supposed to be where Peytour is. As you can see, there are two Peytours in the picture.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited April 2021
    -snip-
    -snip-
    Yes. I posted this after today's maintenance. The quest "A Reason To FIght" is not even accessible now. It's "available" in the quest log, but there is no way to accept it.

In the above pictures in my post, it looks like the NPC that gives the quest, Einar, is supposed to be where Peytour is. As you can see, there are two Peytours in the picture.

Thank you for the confirmation, we've relayed this issue for investigation once again.
  • ZysterRebootZysterReboot
    Reactions: 720
    edited April 2021
    -snip-

Hello,

To further help with the issue. Its the same case on my end as well. Exactly like the post he described. Reboot ign: Zystër
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited April 2021
    -snip-

Thank you, we appreciate the information!
    It'll certainly help with the investigation, we'll relay it to our team. :)