[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disconnecting during afterlands. Unable to log in

ShadowerBlobShadowerBlob
in Bug Reporting
Disconnecting during afterlands. Unable to log in.

Comments

• MapleDude001MapleDude001 Member
    edited October 2021
    Bug Type: Crash to desktop

Description: Since the Latest patch as of about 2:00am maplestory crashed on moving to Big Door Map After finishing the first quest from the Light Bulb on the left side of the screen. I had started the fireworks festival parade quests on both of the characters that disconected in the same way from the Afterlands.I disconect as soon as i try to log in on either of these characters now so they are completely unplayable until this is fixed.

Character name:DarknessHoar

Character level:168

Character job:Night Walker

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 2:00am

Character name:NeverGnaPlay

Character level:200

Character job:Zero

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 2:10am
  • HenryHHenryH
    The exact same thing same happened to me.

Character name: xXDuaLiapXx

Character level: 221

Character job: Dual Blade

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 am
  • ReychukReychuk
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2021
    Bug type: Crash

Brief bug summary: Cannot play the character once teleported to the quest location

More details: I have accepted the quest, teleported to the location and started to talk with the NPC, after few seconds saw the "Barlog" and my game crashed.
    I can not log into the character anymore, once I press to play black screen shows up and closes the game for me.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Accepted the quest after reaching level 76 and once I teleported I can not play in my I/L Mage character

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: MagicPill

Character level: 76

Character job: Mage - Lightning / Cold

World name: Reboot (EU)

Date and time of the incident: 09\10\2021 - 11pm - ( Israel )

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    Please contact Customer Support to have your character moved to a non-crashing map.
  • RyuSwRyuSw
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2021
    I was doing Afterland First quest and my Maplestory closed without error and now i cant log in on that character any help?
  • AlopzAlopz
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2021
    Happened to me too

Character name: Kilua489

Character level: 76

Character job: Berserker

Date of the incident:10/10/2021
  • Melvinbike_27Melvinbike_27
    Reactions: 200
    i have a same problem, with the same maple player, please if you can go to enter, write the answer...
  • elad1999Mapleelad1999Maple
    edited October 2021
    afterlands crash the client and don't allow use of the character for several hours
  • ShuiLongShuiLong
    edited October 2021
    I contacted customer support but it's also happening to me

More details: I went through the cutscene with the old man, and I was supposed to be teleported to Afterlands and it just turned black and crash. Then never able to log into that same character anymore.

Character name: Kàedè

Character level: 82

Character job: Thunder Breaker

Date of the incident:10/13/2021 @ 1430 pdt
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited October 2021
    Hello!
    If your character remains stuck after entering Afterlands, we recommend submitting a ticket to our Customer Support team for your character to be moved to a different map. MapleStory Customer Support: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net

We plan to address this crashing issue during our October 14 maintenance. If you still experience this after the maintenance, please let us know.
    - [Updated October 13] Fixed the issue where the game client crashed and the character was stuck when entering the Afterlands.
    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/69681/updated-scheduled-minor-patch-october-14-2021