[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disconnecting during afterlands. Unable to log in

ShadowerBlobShadowerBlob
in Bug Reporting
Disconnecting during afterlands. Unable to log in.

Comments

• MapleDude001MapleDude001 Member
    edited October 2021
    Bug Type: Crash to desktop

Description: Since the Latest patch as of about 2:00am maplestory crashed on moving to Big Door Map After finishing the first quest from the Light Bulb on the left side of the screen. I had started the fireworks festival parade quests on both of the characters that disconected in the same way from the Afterlands.I disconect as soon as i try to log in on either of these characters now so they are completely unplayable until this is fixed.

Character name:DarknessHoar

Character level:168

Character job:Night Walker

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 2:00am

Character name:NeverGnaPlay

Character level:200

Character job:Zero

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 2:10am
  • HenryHHenryH
    The exact same thing same happened to me.

Character name: xXDuaLiapXx

Character level: 221

Character job: Dual Blade

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10/07/2021 am
  • ReychukReychuk
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2021
    Bug type: Crash

Brief bug summary: Cannot play the character once teleported to the quest location

More details: I have accepted the quest, teleported to the location and started to talk with the NPC, after few seconds saw the "Barlog" and my game crashed.
    I can not log into the character anymore, once I press to play black screen shows up and closes the game for me.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Accepted the quest after reaching level 76 and once I teleported I can not play in my I/L Mage character

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: MagicPill

Character level: 76

Character job: Mage - Lightning / Cold

World name: Reboot (EU)

Date and time of the incident: 09\10\2021 - 11pm - ( Israel )

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,640
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    Please contact Customer Support to have your character moved to a non-crashing map.
  • RyuSwRyuSw
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2021
    I was doing Afterland First quest and my Maplestory closed without error and now i cant log in on that character any help?
  • AlopzAlopz
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2021
    Happened to me too

Character name: Kilua489

Character level: 76

Character job: Berserker

Date of the incident:10/10/2021
  • Melvinbike_27Melvinbike_27
    i have a same problem, with the same maple player, please if you can go to enter, write the answer...
  • elad1999Mapleelad1999Maple
    edited October 2021
    afterlands crash the client and don't allow use of the character for several hours
  • ShuiLongShuiLong
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2021
    I contacted customer support but it's also happening to me

More details: I went through the cutscene with the old man, and I was supposed to be teleported to Afterlands and it just turned black and crash. Then never able to log into that same character anymore.

Character name: Kàedè

Character level: 82

Character job: Thunder Breaker

Date of the incident:10/13/2021 @ 1430 pdt
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,725
    Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
    edited October 2021
    Hello!
    If your character remains stuck after entering Afterlands, we recommend submitting a ticket to our Customer Support team for your character to be moved to a different map. MapleStory Customer Support: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net

We plan to address this crashing issue during our October 14 maintenance. If you still experience this after the maintenance, please let us know.
    - [Updated October 13] Fixed the issue where the game client crashed and the character was stuck when entering the Afterlands.
    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/69681/updated-scheduled-minor-patch-october-14-2021