[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Update]v.233 Destiny - Kanna Skill Change Preview

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited June 2022 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,
We've seen a lot of community discussion concerning Kanna's skill changes after our Bean Brigades' Destiny Early Access streams this week and wanted to share the full scope of Kanna's skill changes that will be included in the upcoming v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes. We hope this information will clear up any confusion and provide more insight on the changes with Developer Comments. For the rest of the update details, please look forward to the patch notes that is planned to go live next Tuesday, June 14 PT.
Thank you.
Kanna
Kishin Shoukan
- It will no longer increase the monster respawn speed and the max number of monsters in the map.
- It will now provide 10% additional EXP permanently.
- The damage multiplier of Kishin Shoukan Node Boost will increase from 2% to 3%
- Developer Comments: Since Kanna's Kishin Shoukan skill had excessively high performance compared to that of other skills, the skill’s ability to increase monster respawn speed and max number of monsters in the map will be changed to a different ability. The developer team will continue to increase the performance of Kanna's other skills and make convenience improvements. In addition, a revamp is planned to distribute the performance concentrated on a single skill and enhance the characteristic of Kanna. We will continue to monitor actual gameplay data to pinpoint the difficulties and to review the farming efficiency improvement, and look for a way players can enjoy playing the game further.

The damage application method of Ghost Yaksha and Kishin Shoukan skills will be updated.
- Skills will now follow the character damage formula instead of the summoned damage formula.
- Skills will now be affected by character's Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Ignore DEF, Normal/Boss monster additional damage stats.
- Developer Comments: The damage formula will be improved so that Ghost Yaksha and Kishin Shoukan skills can also be utilized in boss battle and high level fields.

The boost node damage multiplier coefficient of some 4th Job skills will be adjusted to be the same as that of other 4th Job skills.
- Developer Comments: In order to align the character operation method like that of other classes, Kanna's main skill was changed from Vanquisher's Charm to Shikigami Haunting and the Mana-using concept was kept by revamping the Shikigami Doppelganger to require Mana during its revamp in 2019. In return, a high boost coefficient was set in some 4th Job skills as we believed that players will have to prepare new Boost Nodes. The developer team has been considering on when to make the adjustment as Kanna’s overall combat ability is high compared to that of other classes. We believe this skill balancing will increase the combat ability further with improvements to the damage formula for Ghost Yaksha and Kishin Shoukan skills. Thus, we unified Kanna’s Boost Node coefficient with that of other classes to narrow the gap between them. After this coefficient adjustment, we plan to monitor actual gameplay data to see if Kanna has any lacking combat ability compared to other classes, and continuously make improvements within the range where it doesn’t hurt the skill balance between classes.
- Shikigami Haunting: 5% -> 2%
- Falling Sakura: 5% -> 2%
- Shikigami Doppelganger: 5% -> 2%

Nightghost Guide
- It can now be activated even when in the air.
- Developer Comments: As a battle secondary skill, the Nightghost Guide skill’s activation condition will be improved so that it can also be useful in actual battle.
- It will now provide 25% of Knockback Resistance at Lv. 1 as a passive effect. Afterward, it will increase by 5% per skill level, up to 70% max.

Nine-Tailed Fury
- Its cooldown will be increased from 45 to 180 seconds.
- Its buff duration will be increased from 35 to 150 seconds based on the master level.
- Developer Comments: Nine-Tailed Fury is a skill that is frequently used for its damage increase buff and additional hit during cooldown. Thus, the skill was used often, consuming a lot of Mana. This will be changed to improve such issues.

Foxfire
- It will now display a stack on the buff icon.

Haku the Familiar
- Fixed so that it doesn’t inaccurately appear as if all skill level +1 effect was applied.

Geomancy
- It will now provide 30% of Knockback Resistance as a passive effect.

[Updated June 15] Geomancy and Warding Barrier
- Fixed the issue where the number of active Mana Veins and barriers in the map was not indicated on the buff window.
- Fixed the issue where the buff appeared active when Kanna character was not receiving the Mana Vein and barrier effects.

Blossom Barrier
- Knockback Resistance effect will be removed.

[Updated June 15] Haku's Gift
- Fixed the issue where its passive effect was not applied properly.

Comments

• TwaggsTwaggs
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2022
    I have a question. Are you going to fix nightghost guide with the showdown debuff? or will i have to run seren with out a stance skill?
  • TheManTheMan
    Reactions: 450
    edited June 2022
    So basically, All Kanna mains are now just domain/bind mules no matter how hard we grind. Welp, it was fun, Maple. I was looking forward to the Destiny update but it seems like my last chapter in MapleStory has arrived.
    Bobert
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2022
    History repeats itself. The wrong thing was done in 2017 when haku was nerfed into oblivion, and now Nexon is once again doing the wrong thing. Whoever it is that is in charge of these balance changes needs to do some actual math. Run actual some battle analysis in game instead of listening to the Kanna Haters on reddit and trying to do a one size fits all adjustment on nodes. Check in with the Kanna mains and you'll get all the info you need, but if this patch goes live with these changes and we don't get a follow up in like a week, Kanna is going in a terrible state.
    Bobert
  • WALAHIBROWALAHIBRO
    Reactions: 310
    All I see in this change is to help new players in reboot farm mesos with lower stats. Legit only hurts people that actually play this class as a main but buff mules that are used for meso grinding / boss party mules. Great work at balancing the game.. Will not be playing anymore.
  • KiemMaKiemMa
    are you try to turn us kanna main into OLD BISHOP ?
  • critical_lagcritical_lag
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2022
    I couldn't care less for Kish nerf but honestly everything else this looks pretty awful. I mostly play solo so after Destiny I'll have to get like 20 stars just to be at the same level than I'm at right now. Party Kanna is a problem and should be nerfed not our solo damage. Make domain scale with Int so the more you fund the stronger you get. Kanna mains get shafted and Kanna mules will still roam free and get a free pass in hbosses just because maxed domain. I'll try playing after update but if it feels as bad as it looks, I guess it will be time to call it quits.
    Bobert
  • MarisolMarisol
    Reactions: 210
    Absolute clown statement, I invested thousands of hours into my character, not even invested, WASTED because due to this change i'm losing any and all ability i had to solo bosses and any future possibility. Every single second i sank on this character is now absolutely worthless, because any player with 3k INT and dealing ZERO DAMAGE, is EQUAL to my 50k stat kanna that i WASTED thousands of hours in to improve. Furthermore equal is being generous, IT IS BETTER because that player won't take a loot spot in parties. So what did you do? You spit in the face of every player that puts effort in this class, while at the same time IMPROVING the playstyle of those players that didn't care about the class except for it being a spirit domain/bind MULE. They didn't have to invest anything, they WONT have to invest anything.

It's such a clown statement to expect that our summons even with the revamped damage formula will contribute even a measly 1% of our overall damage, WTHOUT EVEN CONSIDERING THAT BOSSES MOVE CONSTANTLY.
    Why didn't you nerf spirit domain and bind?
    Why does kishin still have the 60 second cooldown if it can't enhance spawns anymore?
    Will you even fix the bug where kanna's CANT USE Nightghost Guide in seren because it overwrites the Nightlord's mark? Are you even AWARE of it? Do you expect us to run without STANCE?
    Are you aware that kannas have to abuse a glitch to even do above average damage?
    Are you aware that our skills sometimes take multiple casts to come out and drain our mana?
    Are you aware that orochi is a useless skill?

Absolute clown statement, from an absolute clown devs. Anyway thanks for giving me the final push i needed to find a better game that respects my time.
    Bobert
  • afkmafkm
    for me i think nexon dev need to test BA dame on kanna and look more detail about before make a decide a big nerf , i that happent time to drop the game guys no more point to play it anymore when your class is DEAD
  • AndymoeneAndymoene
    Reactions: 210
    Once more Nexon has proven that they do not have any clue about their own game. Nobody of them is playing it.
    Oh there is hate on Reddit? Lets just calm them down.

Yes, Kishin is an absolutely busted skill that should have never been in the game, but all these other changes are "just" hurting mains. Domain mules are kinda untouched and this cannot be the goal of this patch. It is mostly a solo game since you want & need the boss drops for yourself. As the other people stated this is hopefully the last puzzle piece to be finally able (addiction....) to leave this game.
    Bobert
  • LilAznJaystaLilAznJaysta
    Reactions: 100
    This shows that the devs behind these changes either dont play the game or are out of the touch with the game. Possibly both.
  • CrivenseCrivense
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2022
    afkm wrote: »
    for me i think nexon dev need to test BA dame on kanna and look more detail about before make a decide a big nerf , i that happent time to drop the game guys no more point to play it anymore when your class is DEAD

I don't think you even remotely understand how dominate kish is in the common meta and many have gotten very sick of how over centralized not a day goes where I don't see kanna in places like Moonbridge, Lab, and Limina and I could go thoroughly explaining how bad this is for the health of the game. I'm pretty sure more than half of the player base mains kanna cause of just Kishin and its not just kishin that's the problem here. Kanna has the possibility of having 4 binds and the possibly to doing an illegal amount of dmg that you should be doing with that amount of funding. Kanna absolutely kills the balance of this game and it just says something when about every party in this damn game has a kanna in it cause of its binds and domain these should be either removed or harshly nerfed to make more on par with other classes or maybe give kanna a proper burst or skill damage that isn't hot trash. Besides the fact that utterly hate kanna with a burning passion if you kanna mains quit good that's one less person eating up Tenebris Maps for everyone else to use. And don't get me started on the lunacy of your augments about kish cause im sure nearly everyone of you on this thread uses kish in some form and this skill just needs to die in a fire. My simple response to that is good your reduced to play like ANY OTHER CLASS. Honestly this skill should of never existed in the first place. I firmly believe that every nerf is warranted when your a class that eats up this big share of the meta as kanna does. Most of the player base does nothing but wine and complain and doesn't actually do anything productive with their time and this nerf will not affect the hardcore player base that game has survived on so nothing will change no matter how much you wine or complain. I may seem very harsh but I've grown very tired of the player base's needless complaining and this is my way of expressing it. Being the superfan I am I will defend this game but you aren't part of it. Most of you over use maps and hoard them especially in reboot where most of the player base is. Can you ever understand how much stressed this kanna meta places on me while going against it? You could never get it honestly you only play one class and just complain whenever there are nerfs and never see the bigger picture the health of the game. Most games DIE when they lose their heart and soul to fans like you. Nerfs and Buffs are needed in a game like this. Games relie on new content to keep the player base from dying and kish destroys that very much needed balance yes this will negatively impact kanna but that's what the class gets for being overcentralize for years. Do you see guilds without kanna's not on any of the big guilds I'll tell you that much. Its been so overused that you don't even realize how bad it is for a game to become overcentralize to one class. Yes I would agree some skills kanna has being useless but that because of the other skills outclassing it in everyway. Do you ever think about what other people no you don't. You always overcentralize yourself and stuff like that needs to end. I hate making comparisons to other games but you like those little children in fps game whom do nothing but complain about the direction the game is going. It gets really tiring reading basically the same damn comments over and over again. and most the time those comments do nothing to solve any of the game's problems. there is very few endgame content for the players to enjoy in general. I think the day we don't get new classes or content is the day this game dies. Do you understand? Cause I hate having to write such long long comments as its very time consuming and really annoys me.
  • TheManTheMan
    Reactions: 450
    edited June 2022
    Crivense wrote: »

I don't think you even remotely understand how dominate kish is in the common meta and many have gotten very sick of how over centralized not a day goes where I don't see kanna in places like Moonbridge, Lab, and Limina and I could go thoroughly explaining how bad this is for the health of the game. I'm pretty sure more than half of the player base mains kanna cause of just Kishin and its not just kishin that's the problem here. Kanna has the possibility of having 4 binds and the possibly to doing an illegal amount of dmg that you should be doing with that amount of funding. Kanna absolutely kills the balance of this game and it just says something when about every party in this damn game has a kanna in it cause of its binds and domain these should be either removed or harshly nerfed to make more on par with other classes or maybe give kanna a proper burst or skill damage that isn't hot trash. Besides the fact that utterly hate kanna with a burning passion if you kanna mains quit good that's one less person eating up Tenebris Maps for everyone else to use. And don't get me started on the lunacy of your augments about kish cause im sure nearly everyone of you on this thread uses kish in some form and this skill just needs to die in a fire. My simple response to that is good your reduced to play like ANY OTHER CLASS. Honestly this skill should of never existed in the first place. I firmly believe that every nerf is warranted when your a class that eats up this big share of the meta as kanna does. Most of the player base does nothing but wine and complain and doesn't actually do anything productive with their time and this nerf will not affect the hardcore player base that game has survived on so nothing will change no matter how much you wine or complain. I may seem very harsh but I've grown very tired of the player base's needless complaining and this is my way of expressing it. Being the superfan I am I will defend this game but you aren't part of it. Most of you over use maps and hoard them especially in reboot where most of the player base is. Can you ever understand how much stressed this kanna meta places on me while going against it? You could never get it honestly you only play one class and just complain whenever there are nerfs and never see the bigger picture the health of the game. Most games DIE when they lose their heart and soul to fans like you. Nerfs and Buffs are needed in a game like this. Games relie on new content to keep the player base from dying and kish destroys that very much needed balance yes this will negatively impact kanna but that's what the class gets for being overcentralize for years. Do you see guilds without kanna's not on any of the big guilds I'll tell you that much. Its been so overused that you don't even realize how bad it is for a game to become overcentralize to one class. Yes I would agree some skills kanna has being useless but that because of the other skills outclassing it in everyway. Do you ever think about what other people no you don't. You always overcentralize yourself and stuff like that needs to end. I hate making comparisons to other games but you like those little children in fps game whom do nothing but complain about the direction the game is going. It gets really tiring reading basically the same damn comments over and over again. and most the time those comments do nothing to solve any of the game's problems. there is very few endgame content for the players to enjoy in general. I think the day we don't get new classes or content is the day this game dies. Do you understand? Cause I hate having to write such long long comments as its very time consuming and really annoys me.

Cringe
  • maintencemaintence
    Reactions: 760
    edited June 2022

oh my
  • Fabio_MFabio_M
    Reactions: 940
    edited June 2022

I don't think you even remotely understand how dominate kish (...) Do you understand? Cause I hate having to write such long long comments as its very time consuming and really annoys me.

the guy you quoted didn't even mention kish at all, everyone agrees kish broke the game for a long time and deserves to stop increasing spawn...

honestly did a kanna treat you bad when you were a child or something? that's pure hatred running in your veins for a class of an online game man, honestly take a look at your priorities in life maybe?

Now about the nerfs themselves, nerfing kish is fine, nerfing nodes is also fine (maybe too harsh going from 5% to 2% but eh), not even going to comment on the nine tailed fox changes... - the main issue here is that Nexon didn't nerf what they should have - domain and 15 sec bind - if they want to make kanna "more in line with other classes" why don't they focus on what makes them the stand out class in the game? No class has a buff as powerful as domain at level 1 / max, no class has a 15 second bind - all this makes a level 200 kanna with a few nodes on domain be what no other class can be, an useful bossing mule.
    TheManMarisol
  • KannaNerfOPKannaNerfOP
    Reactions: 320
    It's a fraud when people put money into those bounded items with kanna main like familiar and lots of items like glitched boss set.
    Andymoene wrote: »
    Once more Nexon has proven that they do not have any clue about their own game. Nobody of them is playing it.
    Oh there is hate on Reddit? Lets just calm them down.

Yes, Kishin is an absolutely busted skill that should have never been in the game, but all these other changes are "just" hurting mains. Domain mules are kinda untouched and this cannot be the goal of this patch. It is mostly a solo game since you want & need the boss drops for yourself. As the other people stated this is hopefully the last puzzle piece to be finally able (addiction....) to leave this game.

Kishin mule gives people the flexibility to train instead of sit there 2 hours cuz a monthly limited wild totems amount.

If, and only if any dev from nexon ever actually play the game will understand how important it is.

And for regular servers, who ever invested real money into their bounded gears are like fools baited by Nexon
  • komojokomojo
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2022
    Destiny 214 patch buffed or kept every other class with f.d and mobbing ability. Yet they decide to fully cut Kannas F.D by directly changing our main source of damage skills from 5% to 2%. If you look specifically at Dps and contribution to bosses, kanna isn't strong if you don't exo weave and min-max for damage. For your average joe vs exo weaving its a considerable amount of damage as the class doesn't have a "burst skill".
  • stcomod2stcomod2
    Reactions: 300
    20% less DPS+

Not even as good as the Bishop‘s dps

The game is out of play
  • AkuHitsujiAkuHitsuji
    Reactions: 790
    This update kind of makes me sad. As others have pointed out kishin was a broken skill and deserves a nerf. So do domain and our 15 second bind for that matter. I don't understand how these nerfs to our damage output fixes any of these issues though. It adds nothing to the balance of the game as the problematic skills remain unaffected. I really hope you revert this nerf and focus your efforts on fixing what actually needs fixing.

Which is why I find the following statement in your post so curiuous:

"After this coefficient adjustment, we plan to monitor actual gameplay data to see if Kanna has any lacking combat ability compared to other classes, and continuously make improvements within the range where it doesn’t hurt the skill balance between classes."

Are you saying the current nerfs were made without monitoring actual gameplay data? Why nerf first and monitor later? Wouldn't it have made more sense to simply adjust ONLY kishin and "see if Kanna has any lacking combat ability compared to other classes" then?
    I appreciate the developers trying to explain why they make the changes they make, but in this case I simply can't follow the logic. And as others have stated, it makes me feel as though the devs are out of tough with (the lingering issues in) their own game.

I really hope my favorite class gets fixed in the future.
  • PastelPondPastelPond
    Reactions: 200
    It’s been a couple of weeks now, are they done monitoring? I’ve invested so much time into my Kanna and thinking about them taking years to reverse these unnecessary changes breaks my heart. Many Kanna mains have simply quit the game or switched over to IL/Bishop/FP. Why couldn’t they … just survey us. There is a whole google document breaking down these nerfs, and why it’s uncalled for. The reason why Kanna is so broken is because of her support skills. Just fix her bind, scale domain with INT, and leave her damage to the way it was before these nerfs. This pretty much stops all the Kannas joining hlucid parties at 220 with subpar stats, and it will force them to gear up for hard bossing parties. Every single person is saying this! Listen to the people that actually play the game. Ezrabell has stated that THEY KNOW people are disappointed about these nerfs in his stream, so where’s the official update regarding Kanna?
  • komojokomojo
    Reactions: 400
    edited August 2022
    Still waiting for an update for data collection over 2 months, this isnt taken lightly as it directly affects many players. Player base going peaked on steam with Destiny update but is sharply fall due to the untimely response to issues that Nexon claim to "address promptly and provide feedback" but clearly keeps us in wait and ignores player suggestions. What was the result of the character change suggestions from player feedback? I've not heard anything with regards to Nexon response as a result of that suggestions post. Korea Servers take their Consumers seriously as opposed to Nexon America it seems. BTS "Jin" feedback on the ridiculous Damien lasting hitbox finally saw change only as an influential idol identified it during a promotional event with collaboration.