[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scheduled Minor Patch - November 10, 2016

SabinaSabina
Reactions: 355
Administrator, Nexon
edited November 2016 in Vault
We will be performing a scheduled minor patch on Thursday, November 10, 2016. Maintenance for European MapleStory will begin at 12:00 AM Pacific (3:00 AM Eastern / 8:00 AM UTC). Maintenance for Global MapleStory will begin at 5:00 AM Pacific (8:00 AM Eastern / 1:00 PM UTC).

We anticipate the maintenance to conclude around 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Eastern / 10:00 PM UTC).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

Thursday, November 10, 2016

• European MapleStory
- Pacific: 12:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Eastern: 3:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- UTC: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM

• Global MapleStory
- Pacific: 5:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Eastern: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- UTC: 1:00 PM – 10:00 PM

What will be unavailable:

• All Global MapleStory and European MapleStory game servers.
• Website login and the billing system will be unavailable from:
- Pacific: 5:00 AM – 8:30 AM
- Eastern: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- UTC: 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- During that time you will not be able to purchase NX or view previous purchases.

Changes and Updates:

• Migrate European MapleStory service to Global MapleStory.
• Apply Windows updates to the game servers.
• MapleStory will be updated to v.177.3.0.
• The client will no longer crash when pressing the 'Tab' key through the Login Screen.
• The Cat Mug Random Chair will no longer cause other players to crash or restrict them from entering the room in which the chair is used.
ManiOhIts2Sharp4UzDork_1megapctr

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Minor patch but taking nine hours?
    gorateron
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Who thought the word minor fit. Ah... just taking 9 hours to merge 2 versions of a game, no big deal.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Minor patch but taking nine hours?
    Minor patch means the version number isn't going up to 178 but to 177.3. The changes to the client are minor, and I believe the changes to the server software are, as well.

Most of the downtime is for backend and infrastructure stuff like databases, and hopefully for extensive testing, and that takes a lot of time.
    KeksMegaScienceTakalaValryiaSkyTheDestroyer
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    What about the bug in the afterlands the purple key??
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    So the day is finally upon us. I wish everyone who is working with this migration good luck and lots of coffee,tea and cookies and if it goes without any incident let's have cake afterwards!
    kruupetPurple_Heart
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    The Cat Mug Random Chair will no longer cause other players to crash or restrict them from entering the room in which the chair is used.
    Ohhh so that's why hene was broken. I'm assuming they'll just make the random modes client sided, and have one static version show to other people, like how the Experiment chair currently "works". Most chairs aren't displaying at all anyway though.
  • xBlackBeardxBlackBeard
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    That is a lot of time =( Guess i will have to wait a wopping 9 hours now.
    edited November 2016
    xBlackBeard

It could be worse, be happy its "only" 9 hours it could have said 24-48 hour maintenance so IF they manage to end this maintenance on time its really good =)
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited November 2016
    I really do love this idea of this merge but I really cant help but feel like something great has been lost...
    Rest In Piece MapleStory Europe & Kradia Europe.

- Nekuheart / Teiekinetic.
    - Proudly owned the guild Trafalgar.

I hope this goes smoothly you people at NEXON.
    More than anything, I really do hope this brings us community to our newly named Luna Server.
  • xBlackBeardxBlackBeard
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    Perceptivity

xBlackBeard

It could be worse, be happy its "only" 9 hours it could have said 24-48 hour maintenance so IF they manage to end this maintenance on time its really good =)
    True, lets hope it will go smooth and whithout any problems/delay.

• GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited November 2016
    Hopefully the IP block will be lifted on Steam, strange how they didn't even allow preblock accounts access.´through Steam.

Going through the Steam client in the game folder hasn't worked for over a year .-.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    Nekudan
    Nekudan said:

I really do love this idea of this merge but I really cant help but feel like something great has been lost...

More than anything, I really do hope this brings us community to our newly named Luna Server.
    I guess you meant in your last sentence that this change may bring new players to EU server.
    If so.. I doubt it. that wont happen unless Nexon NA will allow players from other worlds to transfer all their stuff.
    edited November 2016
    July
    July said:

Nekudan
    Nekudan said:

I guess you meant in your last sentence that this change may bring new players to EU server.
    If so.. I doubt it. that wont happen unless Nexon NA will allow players from other worlds to transfer all their stuff.
    Some people will probably come to Luna aswell as some of our old ems Kradia and Demethos will go join some gms server but we will see =)
  • HardflipHardflip
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Lately we have had so many updates. Is there anyway to start having less updates? So often i wake up and come to play and i have to wait hours. These updates happen way to much.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    Perceptivity

July
    July said:

Nekudan
    Nekudan said:

Some people will probably come to Luna aswell as some of our old ems Kradia and Demethos will go join some gms server but we will see =)

I don't see any reason for someone from America to open a character and main it in Luna world (EU servers). And for EU players who already play in GMS worlds such as Scania,Bera,Windia, well... those accounts are really old and too much effort been made to just leave it and start all over again in a new world.

Yea, some ppl will open and check around the new world, but they will go back their old world with their lovely main character.

That's why only a World Transfer Event will help to populate new Luna world with new(old) EU players.
  • CutieFaraoCutieFarao
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2016
    on wich time can we play? it's 17:54 here
    edited November 2016
    CutieFarao

after 23:00 according to the notice
    CutieFarao
  • CutieFaraoCutieFarao
    edited November 2016
    Perceptivity

CutieFarao

after 23:00 according to the notice
    Tnkx :D
  • CutieFaraoCutieFarao
    edited November 2016
    isn't it 22:00???
    edited November 2016
    CutieFarao

isn't it 22:00???
    22 is utc (england) 23 is CET (old ems timezone)