[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My story. Memorial NPC Request for my best friend.

AlwaysbeatAlwaysbeat
Reactions: 220
edited December 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello dear friends, old and new players
My name is E. , Im 24 years old from Israel , aka (IGN'S) Mission/Rekt Most of you probably don't know me because I have been inactive for many years
And I wanted to share my story with you

Almost a decade ago I was a very active player in Maple Story and if I may say the strongest on the Scania server and in the whole game
I loved helping people and I met a lot of Israelis and good people along the way, but only with one of them did I really have a real connection

I met Ben, aka (IGN) OwnUrFridge through The Maple Story
Ben was my best friend, we met at the age of 14-15 a relationship that started as friendship in a virtual game
which turned out to be a real family over the years, for me he was a brother ,Blood, we grew up together, we gained experiences and moments that I will never forget in my life
we even had moments in the army after the we got released from serving we worked together and also flew to festivals around the world
Things that only brought us closer and strengthened this connection we had that I really can't describe in words
And we were always torn by this illusory part that we actually meet each other through a computer game and that it feels unreal

Two months ago, Ben drowned on his big trip in Laos and I was left crushed, a dark period fell on me and on the entire close environment that accompanies me until now
Ben was an amazing person, a real warrior, he served in the K9 unit was insanely good with Dogs , a black belt in judoka
An exceptionally smart person with a lot of dreams and ambitions, one from whom you can learn a lot
And all this crazy friendship started in this game and forum and I really wanted to share it with you

What led me to write my last post here in the first place is because I wanted to share with you guys my idea of making his character an NPC in Henesys near the spot we used to sit so he can stay there alive in the mapleworld for ever. I would like to get all of your support I appreciate each one of you .

I wanted to share with you guys this story so you know you can find friends&friendships and things you couldn't think of like this too
And that you can meet people today (since many years) easily through the internet and games and that in my eyes is amazing
I personally did not get to know a similar story
And I wanted to share with you my story, which changed my life and good things came out of this game
I am thankful for every moment I played, I met amazing people along the way and gained crazy experiences and basically this is how the chapter ends
I hope that everyone will take this as a learning experience and I hope that better days will come upon us
Thank you Maplestory for the best years of my life and for the opportunity to know Ben , This is the Closure for me

Ben Shaul Zafarani HaLevi, rest in peace brother.
May his soul be bound up in the bond of eternal life. Loved brother @OwnUrFridge @GMKelsath

Pics from better days
https://i.postimg.cc/gj4TX4tz/image.jpg

From left to right : Me , Ben (In the Middle) , Boom Festival 2022
https://i.postimg.cc/X7zsRrTz/0-0639a30f54670d.jpg

Last....
https://i.postimg.cc/htqRk3Fw/dd4a440e989cb0428e1304141ee051207c2c562a.jpg

Link to the article :
https://www.timesofisrael.com/24-year-old-israeli-tourist-drowns-during-post-army-trip-to-laos/
JohnieHeroPlane

Comments

• AlwaysbeatAlwaysbeat
    edited December 2022
    This is the main post.
  • ShowGMSShowGMS
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2022
    Hey bro
    very sad to hear ben is not with us anymore ,im sorry for ur loss my friend.
    your story is amazing ,you can never know where you gonna meet people that becomes part of your life,you find it in maplestory ehich is crazy.

your idea is amazing,i could never think of any better way to memorialize a friend you met in maplestory in the actual place you met eachother!
    nexon ,its time to show how much you care about your community ;).
  • Sorry for your loss.
    I really hope nexon will make an npc with ben's character.
    hope for better days, keep it up!
  • JohnieJohnie
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2022
    I truly believe that having a memorial for a friend found in this game is the best thing Nexon can do. This game gave so many of us lifelong friends and having the developer acknowledge that by immortalizing a friend lost is a true and honest nod to this great gift.
    I hope you get your request,
    May Ben Rest In Peace.
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2022
    I am sorry for your loss, losing a friend is a very sad thing to happen. I'd like you to know that I too have lost a friend of mine from the very early days of Maplestory. He died in a car accident several years ago. RIP brundogg.

That said, i don't think creating memorial NPC's is a precedent Nexon should take on, since it would inevitably lead to too many people requesting memorials for various reasons. This in and of itself is not a problem, but Nexon would have to allocate resources to verify these requests, and ultimately pick and choose who gets a memorial and who doesn't. I could see this leading to a lot of hurt feelings and various other complications.

Might i suggest looking into Project MOD: Maplestory Worlds? I'm not sure the status of its availability, but from what i understand it allows users to use maplestroy assets to create their own version of the game. This might be the perfect tool to allow you to make your memorial for your friend.
  • ChenCChenC
    Sorry for your loss...
    I wish I the best
  • HeroPlaneHeroPlane
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2022
    Sorry for your loss
    Wish you the best of luck with implementing his charachter as a NPC
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited December 2022
    thats so sad :( sorry for your loss man
    I hope Nexon will respect your request
  • AlwaysbeatAlwaysbeat
    edited January 2023
    bump
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2023
    I read your story. I am sorry for your loss. I think they should fulfill your request, its very simple to do and i see no reason why not. Even if other peoples asked for a similar request, Henesys is big enough for everyone
  • joniezjoniez
    Yehi zihro baruch
  • Ohad1thOhad1th
    Sorry for your loss
  • xlEliasxlElias
    Iam sorry for your loss i hope nexon gonna ba do npc for your frend !
    Take care of yourself