[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the Sol Erda Cap

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Ah, Nexon, never change.
    The new way of dropping bad news end of day Friday: let the Bean Brigade reveal it after everyone at Nexon has gone home for the weekend. Fantastic.

What is this absurd daily cap on Sol Erda Energy farming? and per world, at that?
    Nexon: Look, burning to 260!
    Also Nexon: Oh, but you can't progress 6th job on more than one char, and even that one is 4x slower than KMS.

Way to kill the hype. Keep up the good work!
    francesco149RedSlayermadred360V0iiDzMouse1093TurtlesRock
  • NoidedNoided
    Reactions: 220
    edited November 2023
    this is a mistake. stopping all purchases until this is changed.
    PwnedinCyberSpaceTurtlesRock
  • JakkyrJakkyr
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2023
    I just think it's so insulting that they try to make parity with kms by removing gms spesific content. While not making parity with kms by just making kms systems act completely differently. Make it make sense.
  • JeyooJeyoo
    Reactions: 930
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Was thinking of buying a vac pet for New Age but I guess I won't need to now since I'll cap daily Sol Erda fragment and won't need to degen grind long hours now.
    TurtlesRock
  • ZezimaZezima
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2023
    What an absurd restriction to add onto 6th job. This effectively limits the whole job advancement to a single class and it takes over a year. Remove this change from GMS!
    TurtlesRock
  • xZorkzxZorkz
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2023
    Please stop this Nexon. Stop making the game worst, let player have fun and enjoy their time while playing. Why would prefer people give up on the game?
    TurtlesRock
  • francesco149francesco149
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2023
    remove the cap! timegating everyone to casual level progression is NOT how you make the game more casual friendly. if people are not rewarded for putting in more effort they will simply quit the game as there is no sense of achievement. newage changes like exp curve and hyperburn to 260 and simplifying dailies are GOOD examples of making the game more casual friendly.

for those who are not aware, this cap doesn't exist in the korean version. the 6th job system was NOT designed having a hard cap on sol erda. KMS reboot is always overcapped on sol erda and limited by farming fragments, which already takes hundreds and hundreds of hours to even max the skills we have, hexa stats not included.
    TurtlesRock
  • GreatSunGreatSun
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2023
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Wonki hates us so much....
    원기형 이럴거면 한국으로 돌아가
    PwnedinCyberSpaceTurtlesRock
  • DjGameK1ngDjGameK1ng
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited November 2023
    Very bad change Nexon. Gating one of the most hyped things to be introduced to the game in years like this is just a good way to kill hype for the game. Can't wait for the game to permanently feel like a daily coin capping event, because that's what this change essentially is, let's be real.
    TurtlesRock
  • KaprowKaprow
    Reactions: 1,410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Happy Maplefest 2023! Look forward to New Age!
    btw BT 6th job is delayed for months, 6th job itself is coming two weeks later than expected, we're introducing more legacy, Sol Erda is getting arbitrarily capped at a low ceiling (for funsies), and Oz ring boxes are being nerfed! Can I get some poggers in the chat?
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    francesco149V0iiDzTurtlesRock
  • iBilateraliBilateral
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2023
    Definitely don't approve of this. Youre ruining maple.
    TurtlesRock
  • D3xlessD3xless
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2023
    Extremely disappointed with this change. It makes no sense to me. Does Nexon not want us to play the game? Nah, they'd rather have players login for 20 minutes to do their chores and log off to go play other games. Honestly what a backwards working company. Make it make sense.
    francesco149TurtlesRock
  • iTornadoXiTornadoX
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited November 2023
    This Sol Erda cap seems ridiculous. As a player that can't play everday, but does long hours on my free days, i would be extremely time gated. The cap needs to be removed.
    francesco149TurtlesRock
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2023
    This ain't Aprils 1st Nexon, you got the wrong day to mess with us, this is beyond ridiculous AND it seems you also nerfed Oz Boxes from boss drops...

Also a game about alts and you nerf it to one character as well?
    TurtlesRock
  • Casually1987Casually1987
    Reactions: 980
    edited November 2023
    First the Oz White Jade Ring Box nerf and now the sol erda cap. this change would just make people log off after an hour of capping.
    TurtlesRock
  • critical_lagcritical_lag
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2023
    xD. I guess i'll take my credit card somewhere else, and right before I was saving for black friday sales.

You sure are the dumbest company around.
    PremiesTurtlesRock
  • YoccuYoccu
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited November 2023
    This has to be removed!!! 2 years to max out something in a game... what a joke
    TurtlesRock
  • CloudyDaysCloudyDays
    Reactions: 850
    edited November 2023
    The implementation of the Sol Erda daily cap in GMS appears unjustified, especially when considering the effort to align GMS with KMS content. The addition of a time gate to the 6th Job Hexa Core System introduces significant disadvantages for players, irrespective of their playstyle, and contradicts the design principles of other skill advancements within the game. The dissatisfaction stems from the perception that the daily quest does not adequately compensate for the limitations imposed. A more player-friendly alternative that focuses on game enjoyment, without the daily cap, would be preferable and, in my opinion, necessary.
    PremiesTurtlesRock
  • ThebYssmanThebYssman
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Please don't include a sol erda cap... I was really excited for this update...

●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    PremiesTurtlesRock
  • SDArthurSDArthur
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2023
    If the system is the same on live servers, it is definetly a "indefinite break from the game" angle for me.
    PremiesTurtlesRock