[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the Sol Erda Cap

Comments

• AudioFAudioF
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Both, Oz Ring changes and Sol Erda daily cap has no place to be in the game.
    I cant imagine where the game would've been if 5th job would take 2 years to "finish" just to get into another multi-year absurd progression system.

Whats more important, this means NOBODY can ever catch up to those who do dailies from day 1.
    There's no way to spend extra time in a goddamn MMO and though dedication and engagement, catch up.

What are you doing Nexon?
    peacebeastTurtlesRockms4eva
  • BaykoBayko
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited November 2023
    Who the hell comes up with these adjustments? Can you at least attempt to explain why they are necessary at all? Without Nexon's perspective all it semes is that you wanna slow progression down which makes no sense if you are nerfing frenzy totems already. Had the cap been 2k to 5k at least people would have come to a conclusion on their own that makes sense even if we dont agree with it

TAKLE THIS OFF
    TurtlesRock
  • iKoreanRawriKoreanRawr
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2023
    trash trash trash trash trash.
    Time and time again this dogwater company lets us down.
    0 communication, 0 transparency, 0 responsibility. I'm so jaded.
    TurtlesRock
  • DevinMa1DevinMa1
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2023
    REMOVE THE CAP. NO CAP!!!
    TurtlesRock
  • 5onic5onic
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2023
    CAP, REMOVED, NOW!
    TurtlesRock
  • peacebeastpeacebeast
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2023
    The sol erda cap makes the game worse and is not present in the KMS region. We have heard from Nexon representatives that one of the goals for GMS is to more closely align with KMS. This decision does not make sense with respect to the game or goals for GMS. I can't imagine players wanting to spend money on a game that is run like this.
    TurtlesRock
  • AzureSpecterAzureSpecter
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2023
    The sol erda cap will make myself and my friends who play maple all play less or not at all. I don't see why this is a thing.
    TurtlesRock
  • LifeIsPainLifeIsPain
    Reactions: 920
    edited November 2023
    Please "align us with KMS" These nerfs to sol erda and the white jade boss ring box are unacceptable. I struggle to understand why GMS suddenly has to have these restrictions implemented onto us. What is the justification? If you are going to state that we need to be more in line with korea, then show it with the bad and GOOD.
    LeoMageTurtlesRock
  • Wilhelm_Wilhelm_
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2023
    AWFUL change by Nexon. I was looking forward to finally having at least one meaningful progression system that wasn’t locked by dailies or time-gated, but somehow Nexon managed to ruin one of their biggest updates ever.

Terrible decision by the overseas team.
    TurtlesRock
  • FUzz3DFUzz3D
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2023
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    TurtlesRock
  • kingubenjikingubenji
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2023
    this will burn people out and make them quit
  • IkueTaishiIkueTaishi
    Reactions: 635
    edited November 2023
    This is genuinely probably the worst Tespia they've ever released. Who the **** signed off on these changes? All they needed to do was copy-paste the Korean version of 6th job and everyone would be happy, but they managed to piss off everyone.
    TurtlesRock
  • CiderfCiderf
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2023
    There are no professional words to describe the level incompetency, and out of touch is whoever has made these decisions. Instead of treating players well, this company would rather add whimsical desires of one or two self-proclaimed geniuses in the decision chain. Get a grip on your company. Find some who genuinely cares about making the game fun and has an irl empathy stat above 1/100
    TurtlesRock
  • RewasabRewasab
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2023
    I honestly don´t understand why they did this. I heard they had commented how they could have monetized the 5th and 6th job if they had wanted and i agreed. But this is just another equally bad decission. While I understand that promoting an unhealthy amount of grind per day would be detrimental and lead to burnout. Knowing no matter how hard you try you're at least 2 years apart from your goal will just lead to even more burnout.
    Please reconsider removing the cap and just implement the KMS version of this system.
    TurtlesRockminiZergling
  • ihziihzi
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2023
    Why make this extremely anti-fun change? Nexon clearly knows what the better design is because of how it's done in Korea. This is an insult to your players. If you think that overseas regions are power bloated and need to curb their progression, then fix those problems the right way. Do not punish your players for your own bad decisions and keep them stuck in an unfun gameplay loop.
    TurtlesRockminiZergling
  • K33niaK33nia
    Reactions: 450
    edited November 2023
    I don't see why this this cap on sol erda is necessary
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    TurtlesRockminiZergling
  • NeoUmbrellaNeoUmbrella
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2023
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL SO BAD. BIG UPDATE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO ? CRAZY.
    TurtlesRockminiZergling
  • MissTerraMissTerra
    Reactions: 945
    edited November 2023
    Remove the cap, remove instanced maps in regular servers, fix oz ring boxes.
    KappaDrewTurtlesRockminiZergling
  • SwigSwagSwoopSwigSwagSwoop
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2023
    This game has done multiple things in the past to upset players, but this patch has to be the biggest and most ignorant in the games history. Everyone joked about how disconnected NexonNA was from its players, but this has truly shown their intentions and understanding of the game. This system not only punishes people who want to grind more than just dailies for 30 minutes, but limits players who can only spend time on the game on select days throughout the week. Looking towards the non-reboot servers, NexonNA goes as far as to censor any mention of a certain pay to win item that may or may not increase spawn rate and amount of spawn on a map because it is presumably heavily nerfed with the instanced maps they introduced in this patch. Even ignoring these aspects of the game, in the test server streams of Bean Brigade members, we see that they have nerfed the white jade box ring drop from certain bosses to be rings that range of levels 1-4 instead of 3-4 exclusively. All of these changes were swept under the rug and not shown in the community patch preview, which was more than likely scheduled on a Friday late into the work day on purpose to ignore backlash until the following workday next week. This company has done very shady things in the past, and ignored a lot of the player base's concerns and suggestions regarding the game, but this has to be the biggest failure of a patch in the game's history. Please reconsider the changes that differ from Korea's version of Maplestory(KMS) as they hurt every type of player from the hardcore grinders to the casual daily players and will overall encourage players to quit the game instead of enjoying their time with new content they were so hyped for.
    TurtlesRockminiZergling
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited November 2023
    My first post here in like seven years, but yeah I greatly dislike these changes.

It's artificially extending our playtime for no positive reason, when the main content we've had to play through in the years leading up to now has constantly done that. It's pretty insulting that KMS doesn't have this daily limit, but GMS imposes it right when we were finally about to get a new form of progression.

From what I understand Sol Erda is already a pretty slow and grindy system as is, so slowing it down even further to keep us in the same daily-focused loop for this "biggest update ever" is just infuriating. Same stuff, different UI.
    TurtlesRockminiZergling