[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the Sol Erda Cap

Comments

• JustinV2JustinV2
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2023
    It's embarrassing how this patch was shaping up to be the biggest and most exciting patch in years but was completely slaughtered.

The direction Nexon wants to take is to align us more with KMS, so why are we getting absolutely gutted content? Where is the following:
    - White Cubes in the shop (Removed)
    - ICOG 100% in the shop (Reduced to ICOG 60%)
    - Level 3-4 Oz Ring Box (Nerfed to be Level 1-4)

In addition, there is also an arbitrary cap on Sol Erda and there is the massive lack of communication regarding instanced maps and their interactions with Frenzy Totem?

What's the point of having these silly streams if you guys cannot adequately communicate to us the information that concerns players the most? Why are we avoiding topics that greatly concern the player?

Also silencing people that have been asking these questions on your livestream is ridiculous. What good is Tespia if you're just going to prohibit streamers from showing us content that matters.
    Xited
  • TacticalMeowTacticalMeow
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2023
    The fact that it will take almost 2 years collecting sol erda to max only the CURRENT skills is absolutely absurd, out of all the things in this game that can and are time gated , this is prime example of a resource that absolutely mustn't be.
    I consider myself a pretty casual player, but in my opinion this change hurts all types of players, hardcore and casual players alike.
    I am not logging in until this and the oz rings changes will be reverted to the way they are implemented in KMS version.
    What a way to ruin the year long hype for this update.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    I usually actually don't mind the things people are up in arms about.

I've been in favor of things like Reboot being brought more in line with Regular, Jett removal due to the class being very unstable and Nexon not wanting to develop for it moving forward, etc. I don't think I've joined the community in complaining since early 2022, when the game was actually unplayable on Reboot, with the servers constantly crashing, lagging, and disconnecting.

However, this is the first actual content change in a long time that even I think is just downright bad for the game.

The New Age update was set out to be very popular, with all the upcoming changes being wonderful for the game's existing progression on top of adding a whole new cool and well designed progression system. These nerfs totally dampen all the hype by putting major restrictions on some of the main things people were excited about.

I honestly don't even remotely care about Frenzy/Instanced map controversy, but the Sol Erda Cap and Oz Box changes are a terrible change.

I would rather have Attack Speed 10 removed, Drop Rate Cap nerfed to be in line with KMS, Gollux Set bonuses Nerfed so they're obviously worse than Dawn Boss / Pitched Boss lategame, Familiar card Healing disabled in bosses that disable healing (i.e. Will and VHilla), and Familiar Cards/Gollux/Commerci all turned into Legacy Content, all so we be in line with KMS and stop getting gimped version of KMS content for good.
  • McSnackyMcSnacky
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2023
    Plz remove daily cap. It's such a bad feature. Benefits no one and only serves to reduce playtime of people who want to spend more time grinding on the game.
  • VengefulLiteVengefulLite
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2023
    The only thing coming in SewAge is uninstalling again. I reinstalled because of excitement about New Age, but I have no problem uninstalling again and doing literally anything else. So much for "the biggest update", it's just been nonstop nerfs and content removal, none of which are to "fall more in line with korea". GMS is no longer a region nexon wants to support, if they don't want us to enjoy playing here, I just won't play.
  • ApollothonApollothon
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2023
    As an end game Reboot player, this change infuriates me. I do not want or need some out of touch Boomer to kill my excitement for Maple by limiting the amount of time that I can play.

I will not be levelling any characters until this awful change is reverted. I will not be upkeeping my 3 vac pets until this awful change is reverted. I will not be upkeeping any of the pets on all of my boss mules until this change is reverted. I will reduce the amount of bosses I clear on each boss mule to 1 to reduce my playtime until this change is reverted.

Please take this important opportunity to finally look around at other game companies and learn how to better communicate + decide on important changes with your player base as your current methods are SEVERELY lacking.
  • MandobanMandoban
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2023
    Thanks nexon for ruining any excitement the player base had for 6th job. Adding a cap to sol erda energy will make us take considerably longer to level our 6th job skills, also it will remove any reason to continue playing after the first 30 minutes of grinding. With the cap being per world it also ruins the idea of playing multiple characters on the same server. I do not see how this can be a positive change compared to other regions of Maplestory

This update makes me want to stop playing one of my favorite games and just find something else to spend my time on. Please for the sake of GMS do not go live with this version of 6th job.

• BlogBlog
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2023
    Yet another example of Nexon not caring at all about the playerbase. Capping Sol Erda energy is an arbitrary blocker against people progressing to keep us playing the game longer. Instead all you've done is left a terrible impression in the minds of your players right before one of your biggest updates ever. Do better, Nexon. Remove the Sol Erda cap. We shouldn't have to fight you for basic things like this.
  • SillerSiller
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2023
    I dont want to spend 2 years daily capping please remove
  • PiePie
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2023
    Please remove the daily sol erda cap.
  • badinkajinkbadinkajink
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2023
    Changes like Sol Erda cap, Oz ring box nerf are detrimental to players, the health of the game, and financial prospects. They reduce game engagement, player agency, and overall enjoyment.

Kanna 6th job, particularly Spirit Domain's enhancement, is cruel and unusual punishment.
  • SamusownSamusown
    edited November 2023
    Started playing again 6 months ago and was so excited for New Age. I enjoyed all of the cash shop updates and have spent a good sum of money making my characters cute with NX. Capping progression that was already implemented to take 6 months to complete minimum if you are lucky with drops and grind long hours is disgusting. the new estimated time is 4x as long. If the changes remain I will not be playing in the future and I will recommend my friends to try different MMOS other than maple.
  • RudarnRudarn
    edited November 2023
    All the people who prepared full drop gear for this to have this change announced... Nice only spent 60B~
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2023
    What an absolutely ridiculous decision Nexon has made. Instead of trying to reward their fanbase who has been loyal for almost 20 years, they create further ways to squeeze every drop of time, effort, and money out of us. We're not players in their eyes, we're something to be milked like a herd of cattle.
  • SamusownSamusown
    edited November 2023
    Also the Jade Ring Box change is a huge nerf for no reason.
  • citizen_insanecitizen_insane
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2023
    Thank you Nexon for finally giving me a reason to quit this game. Amazing job.
  • pokelord223pokelord223
    Reactions: 1,215
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Please remove Sol Erda caps, and change Oz boxes to be consistent with KMS. There is no reason to kneecap GMS progression like this. It is killing many players hype for the patch and will make 6th job progression and oz ring collection unbearably slow.
  • SeihoonSeihoon
    edited November 2023
    No rationale nerf. Remove the cap and stop censoring us, what is this? the CCP? Sol Erda cap is everything that maplestory shouldnt be. How is this even allowed to go through?
    Cranon
  • CrissolidoCrissolido
    edited November 2023
    Oh well, nexon's at it again, as usual. Please remove this cap and give us the original white jaded box as well, what have we done to deserve all the bad changes every single patch, why is nexon so out of touch, who thought this was a good idea, so many questions but no answers.
    Cranon
  • CrownsCrowns
    Reactions: 110
    edited November 2023
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Cranon