[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forum Suggestions and Feedback

Comments

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    As some others have mentioned before, the plain background is a nice touch. However, it would be great if we're given the option to change the background colour.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Make the "UNREAD" indicator work right. If there's no thread marked "new" in that section, it shouldn't have an "UNREAD" on it.
    Lilyflower
  • WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Would be nice to see the "Maple Classifieds" section abit more ordened.
    A section for every world separated wich have their own market, guild and just random talk corner?
    LubKingStarfire
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    Reactions: 915
    edited September 2016
    Custom avatars - or no avatars at all - would be nice. Thanks.
    AKradianKerqxonLilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Wiceak
    Wiceak said:

Would be nice to see the "Maple Classifieds" section abit more ordened.
    A section for every world separated wich have their own market, guild and just random talk corner?
    We used to have that in the old forums. Was just a ton of sections, all of them mostly dead.
    That's why they were all grouped together.
    I assume that if that section ever gets so busy that it's difficult to find your own server's posts in there, it'll be split up again.
    WiceakLilyflower
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    @KThxBaiNao

Positives

-Design is much nicer and matches the site
    -Badges
    -PM system
    -Drafting
    -The fact It seems to stay logged in every visit is nice (I've wanted this for awhile now would be nice if you could do the same on the site)
    -Being able to post on peoples profiles
    -Being able to like posts and give a click on insightful posts
    -Notifications
    -Domain name
    -Bookmarking feature
    -Being able to tag people in posts

Negatives

-Search is weak <I searched for chaoscauser and it only found one post as I put chaoscauser in it
    -No join dates passed over or any here
    -Loss of titles
    -No posts or topics moved over (Could easily have all been moved over)
    -The comment box is tiny unless you enter in lines under it
    -Lack of custom avatars
    -I don't like how it says Add a reply at the top of a topic then it says leave a comment after you click it then it says post comment. It should just stay as reply as calling it commenting is kind of strange. It says posts beside the avatar and it also says comments on profiles. It's not consistent at all. Keep it to Post and Reply. Make discussions topics in profile.
    -Calling it " Maplestory rep" is kind of strange as you earn badges through basic tasks like making a post, You aren't earning reputation. It's a badge
    -Empty space
    -Maple tracker I preferred the list style
    -Forum home button kind of small
    -How it says "latest developer posts" not everyone is a developer of course maybe change it to "Latest Nexon posts"
    -How you have to click on the little cog to bring up the edit button (Just change that to an edit option)

Ideas for features

MapleStory themed emotes
    Be able to add people as a friend on the forum!
    Make it so you can see who is Online
    Let us add where we live on our profiles
    Let us add our Birthday without adding the year we are born

Issues

When I put some of the text in bold some of my post didn't show up
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

Can we have a section to post our achievements, screenshots and videos!
    wouldn't mind a section dedicated to videos, so fan art could be all just pictures art and what not.
    @bumbertyr - Aaaand done. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/maple-media-center
    Thank you very much, I started off the first topic there!
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    @KThxBaiNao Oh another issue is when you make a post you have to refresh the page to see your post count go up on your new post.
  • ChowChow
    Reactions: 895
    edited September 2016
    Custom avatars, and maybe a small forum sig like the OG forums allowed back in 2008-ish.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited September 2016
    Maybe a scroll along TO TOP button at the right size would be better.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Show more items (topic titles, replies, search results, etc) per page.
    Preferably, allow us to select how many we want to see.

More in general:
    I'm glad that these forums are more mobile-friendly, and all the people who browse on their phones are happy.
    But that shouldn't come at the expense of making the forums less PC-friendly. There are some weirdos out there who read the forums on the same machine they play MapleStory on, you know.

Edit:
    Make mentions inside quotes not generate a notification.
    That is:
    - Player A mentions player B, then B gets a notification (if they have notifications of @mentions turned on).
    - Player C quotes A's message and responds to it.
    Currently, player B once again gets a notification of being mentioned, by C, despite the fact that C didn't intend to mention B. C was just talking to A.
    My suggestion is that the mention in C's message, being inside a quote block, should not generate a notification to B.
    Lilyflower
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited September 2016
    I'm trying to post a Tower of Oz Guide in the Game Guides section, but unfortunately the character limit isn't nearly enough for it, since it has in-depth paragraphs and formatting for each of the 50 unique floors.

Could we get an increase on it (or remove the limit)? The old forums didn't have this issue. If you need a round number of characters required for it, it's around 50,000.
    chaoscauser
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited September 2016
    No custom avatars? That disappoints me greatly.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    The "Add Poll" option needs to be a lot less prominent.

I see too many meaningless and/or biased polls that people seem to add to their posts just because the link to do it is right there in the middle of their "New Discussion" box.

If it was a little icon like the other features that can be inserted in posts, only those people who really meant to post a poll will look for it and use it.
    KerqxonInvulgoSkyTheDestroyerLilyflower
  • ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited September 2016
    Regarding the "Bumping is also not allowed" rule, is there a chance that bumping can be less restrictive in Maple Classifieds?

I mean, I would rather wish to avoid making more buy/sell/trade threads every time I have new items I wish to sell, trade, or buy.
    I was hoping something along the lines of "If bumping is to be allowed, then the original poster and his/her friends can bump once per week." or something along those lines.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Going on from my previous ideas I would like to see a go to first unread post button for every thread.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. A handful of these are already planned (custom avatars, more posts per page, and more), and some others I can understand as well. We'll be compiling these internally and see what makes the most sense to help improve the overall community.
    Invulgochaoscauser
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. A handful of these are already planned (custom avatars, more posts per page, and more), and some others I can understand as well. We'll be compiling these internally and see what makes the most sense to help improve the overall community.
    Can post count badges be disabled?
    Bahamut_X
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Oh and also I had another idea. For instance when you start a thread in the bug forum make the default post the bug reporting format , that way it makes bug reporting very easy .

Also please make topic title limit larger also. They aren't big enough make them the same limit as the old forum.

Also being able to show our characters in our profile would be nice.

@OneLetter
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    The forums need a "New Posts" button, that shows all threads that were recently updated, newest first.

The old forums didn't have such a button, but we were able to get the same functionality by doing Advanced Search and entering no keywords, just a timeframe ("your last visit", "yesterday", "last week").

Here, there is no Advanced Search (which is something we also need), and going through every section marked "UNREAD" to find out which threads in it have "new" posts, is tedious.
    chaoscauserKerqxonDedicatedBMLilyflower