[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Key to the Future

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Crap, I thought I'd have more time to prepare.
  • marvindragomarvindrago
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    5th job yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

genji123
    genji123 said:

fking real talk.

A shame that the CM doesn't have any authority or skills to fix bugs.
    Of course he doesn't.
    But he has the authority and skills to fine out what is bothering the community, and pass that on to the team to fix. It's also part of his job description to reassure us that our concerns are being addressed. Note that I specifically wrote "wade through the forums and the subreddit to find all the things wrong with the current patch, make sure the team is working on fixing them, and letting us know that Nexon is aware of those issues and they'll be fixed shortly". I didn't tell him to fix the bugs himself.
    Aggraphine

Well I mean, he's not even in California right now. If you recall, he's back up in Washington for an as-of-yet unknown length of time because of a family emergency. Cut the dude some slack for a bit, yeah?
    Is he still there? He didn't answer when I asked (in the timezone thread).

Either way, my point on priorities still stands. If he has limited time to devote to Maplestory, then it's doubly important that he use it to make sure (within his abilities) that the game is playable, instead of building hype for a new patch, that will pile a whole new set of bugs on top of the current ones, by slowly building a "puzzle" whose solution we all know already. He could have just posted a single V and everybody'd be meme'ing trains and hyperventilating cats anyway.
    What do you want him to do? Make a forum post that says

"Hey, I passed this on to the team, will update it when I know more"

Those almost never get updated for one reason or another (not on Michael). Those posts do nothing. Absolutely nothing. They won't guarantee that these problems will be looked at anytime soon.

Ppart of his job as a Community Manager is to create hype for big updates like V. And that is exactly what he is doing here. Give him some slack, he is hardly the point of failure in the broken communication pipeline between us, the players, and NexonNA. The people above Michael are the broken point in that line, not Michael.

I agree that it would be nice for us to hear from Nexon about these bugs. But honestly that shouldn't even fall on the CM, that should fall on the people who have the authority at Nexon to actually get something done and get fixes approved (or at least to someone who can delegate resources directly to get these bugs fixed). Don't be mad at Michael because Nexon refuses to talk to us.
  • DarkGoulzDarkGoulz
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited November 2016
    Why dont you fix the LAG in event hall and the CRASH of the game when players log in first and then make you 5th job update
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    @Everyone and @AKradian - I am still up in Washington. I would not have come up here if it weren't something important enough to warrant me uprooting the life I had established in Los Angeles, and spending an arm and a leg to get up here so suddenly.

The only thing that really changed is that I can't walk over to someone's desk and tap them on the shoulder for something.

As far as forwarding issues - I have not found it to be worthwhile to comment on every single issue I forward but I assure that things are getting forward. I still send issues, feedback, hot topics, etc. to the team DAILY.

Here are some screen shots of different sections of the reports I send out

These reports pretty comprehensive. Related threads, comments on each topic, sentiment, my own insight, and even some quotes are thrown in.
    The hype building stuff I've been doing is just what's visible.

I have a lot more on my plate now that I'm dealing with these personal issues, but I have not been slacking here. Trust me. I'm working my butt off up here, and I'm sorry that I have not been finding the time to reply to everything. I'll see what I can manage moving forward.
    Its2Sharp4UAzureNargaOkhuraJettLuvsUAKradianSkyTheDestroyerMegaScienceCatoooloooMakazeKibaPetalmagicand 1 other.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I have a lot more on my plate now that I'm dealing with these personal issues, but I have not been slacking here. Trust me. I'm working my butt off up here, and I'm sorry that I have not been finding the time to reply to everything. I'll see what I can manage moving forward.
    I'm sorry if any of my posts seem to imply that, I know your job is not easy at all.
    *sends cake/cookies/pizza*
    MegaSciencePetalmagic
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    I believe he IS doing his work as a CM. And here's the currently known bugs (idk why they move this section here) https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/217895583--UPDATED-Known-Issues-with-EU-Migration
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Aggraphine

Tuba, why do you keep name-dropping Rich Williams? Is the guitarist for the band Kansas and/or the CEO of Groupon going to be of any use in this situation?

He is president at Nexon America that's why I keep "name-dropping" him. https://www.linkedin.com/in/rich-williams-86a53948
    Why would I use someone's name who is apart of a band? Work on your searching skills because just a slice of advice from me to you, it would probably help to type the company they work for next to their name. It's not like there's a bunch of Rich Williams in the world that believe it or not don't all work at Nexon lmao..
    Okay. So why do you keep name-dropping him like you and him are buddy-buddy, that you could go "hey bro, can this guy he's a jerk"?
    No I'm "name-dropping" him because he's one of the first high ranking Nexon employee's I had found while looking up names online lmao. Am I supposed to know him personally to talk to him about how people in his company are neglecting the game? Also what were you trying to say in the quotes? Did you choke on a xanax pill and forget to finish your sentence lol

Hungry4PizzaLilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

No I'm "name-dropping" him because he's one of the first high ranking Nexon employee's I had found while looking up names online lmao. Am I supposed to know him personally to talk to him about how people in his company are neglecting the game? Also what were you trying to say in the quotes? Did you choke on a xanax pill and forget to finish your sentence lol
    I'd love to know how you think an unexpected family emergency and not getting the answers you were hoping for from support constitute "people in his company neglecting the game". AK at least had some points in his post, you on the other hand seem to be yelling just to hear yourself.
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    I'd love to know how you think an unexpected family emergency and not getting the answers you were hoping for from support constitute "people in his company neglecting the game". AK at least had some points in his post, you on the other hand seem to be yelling just to hear yourself.
    I'm just going to be real with you, if I took off the amount of time that CM takes off I would have been fired a long time ago. I understand family emergencies, because I've had plenty so I know, but he seems to be having a lot of those and I think since he is really having that many family emergencies he should get those sorted out before he takes a position like CM. He's the person who provides us updates and news, and I don't know why Nexon hasn't thought to put someone in his place temporarily so he can get his situation taken care of and so the players updates on the issues. And yes I agree with AKradian, as I said in my reply as I'm the one who let him know the Halloween quest's were still bugged for players in a post I made a day or two ago. I don't know why you're bringing him up when I clearly said I agreed with him lmao.
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    lol V is missing XDD
    5th job is on the way i hope :D

lol this V always reminds me of V from bts ahah
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You contradict yourself. If "CMs are useless" then how do you differentiate between "mediocre" and "effective" CMs?
    People overestimate how much power a CM has.

Girasol and Hime were more effective because they reached out to Basilmarket and even worked with Southperry users. If i recall Girasol left abruptly and Hime at least lasted for a few years and had a lot of in-game presence. I'm not sure what Artasi's legacy is besides the absolute joke of the MLC, cutting ties with Southperry because he was aggravated by the Southperry admin, and bringing in his friend the current CM into the company.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

I'm just going to be real with you, if I took off the amount of time that CM takes off I would have been fired a long time ago. I understand family emergencies, because I've had plenty so I know, but he seems to be having a lot of those and I think since he is really having that many family emergencies he should get those sorted out before he takes a position like CM. He's the person who provides us updates and news, and I don't know why Nexon hasn't thought to put someone in his place temporarily so he can get his situation taken care of and so the players updates on the issues. And yes I agree with AKradian, as I said in my reply as I'm the one who let him know the Halloween quest's were still bugged for players in a post I made a day or two ago. I don't know why you're bringing him up when I clearly said I agreed with him lmao.
    I didnt realize you can plan when you're going to be sick and or have a family emergency. How do you get this info when you need it? a magic 8 Ball? perhaps a Crystal ball?

also I'm going to put this very bluntly, Aggriphine obviously brought up AK as a comparison between your complaints and his, not saying you were disagreeing with him or whatever, just saying your complaints have very little point and are very shallow at best.

going back to the first thing though, the CM has been sick and had to not come in to work a hand full of times at best and this is the only family emergency he's had on the job. All the other times he was not around he was literally on vacation time.

Also, not to state the obvious or anything but it appears Oneletter or Sabina (mostly Oneletter by the looks of things) will takeover to handle the stuff he can't cover when he's out.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @KThxBaiNao - Thank you for responding. It is very reassuring to know you're still hard at work, despite those personal/family issues. Those screenshots certainly show thoroughness.

I'm sorry if I come off too demanding at times, but you need to understand that we have a very long history of neglect. So if I don't see anything being done and I don't hear of anything being done, it's only logical to assume nothing is, in fact, being done. Especially when the information we were given (after I had to push for it...) was that you were on leave. I hope that, moving forward, you'll be able to drop us a line more often. Nobody likes being left in the dark. An informed community is a happy community.

Last but not least, good luck with your personal issues.
    Lilyflower
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Super exited for 5th job! Though I didn't know we'd get Jett, Hayato, Kanna and Beast Tamer 5th jobs at the same time. I though we'd get them sometime later. Though I would like if the bugs mentioned in this thread were addressed and while not a bug, that time zone issue. That needs to go. And also, while you guys are at it, since you're going to be working on the classes from JMS, can you guys finally fix the voice audio for Hayato and Kanna? I don't remember which patch it was but after that patch, for some reason all of their voice clips got all scrambled up and now they say things that used to be for one skill but now its used for another skill. It's really annoying, and yes, I know I have the option to turn the voices off, but I'm one of the very who enjoy hearing the characters' voices (well, maybe with the exception of Kaiser, I still think his voice is way too deep. He needs to sound younger.) But other than that, I'm still excited for 5th job. This may actually be the first time I level a character to level 200!
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Tuba
    Tuba said:

I didnt realize you can plan when you're going to be sick and or have a family emergency. How do you get this info when you need it? a magic 8 Ball? perhaps a Crystal ball?

also I'm going to put this very bluntly, Aggriphine obviously brought up AK as a comparison between your complaints and his, not saying you were disagreeing with him or whatever, just saying your complaints have very little point and are very shallow at best.

going back to the first thing though, the CM has been sick and had to not come in to work a hand full of times at best and this is the only family emergency he's had on the job. All the other times he was not around he was literally on vacation time.

Also, not to state the obvious or anything but it appears Oneletter or Sabina (mostly Oneletter by the looks of things) will takeover to handle the stuff he can't cover when he's out.

Sorry for the late reply I had a unexpected family emergency.

But on a serious note regardless of why he's missing so much time, as this is his 3rd or 4th time he's taken several weeks off, people get fired for taking this much time off, as that's how the real world operates because I've seen people get fired regardless of their situation, and they probably took less time off than he has. I personally could care less about what his situation is, but It doesn't matter the circumstance, whether he had a family emergency or took a bunch of time off for a "vacation" he still took a bunch of time off, so I don't know why you're acting like he gets some sort of a pass lol. And my reply was expressing how disappointed I was with the lack of communication and how unhelpful, and generic the replies on my tickets have been. But I literally listed some of the same issues AKradian listed, but in more of an angered tone because I'm not about to be a kiss butt to people who weren't fixing bugs, or giving us information on the progress. However I do see in the maintenance notes that they are fixing some bugs in this maintenance. They didn't mention the Haunted Mansion bug that some players got that prevented them from finishing the quests, but the event is over now anyways so oh well.

Also, not to state the obvious or anything but it appears the only thing I've seen them post to fill in for him is something like, "oh well he's going to be gone for awhile teeehehehez let's kick rocks and blow bubbles rawr xD!"

HIME PLEASE COME BACK.. PLEASE. lmao.
  • UnagiSenpaiUnagiSenpai
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    Ğ Ş Ü Ç Ö are missing as well should we worry about them?
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    my issue isn't with the current CM,he is just the one we have access to, the issue has existed long before he arrived and its an obvious symptom of the entire company as far as lack of communication, however he too is now part of it and further exhibiting that obvious company short coming... some of these issues are very long standing and unless people get very aggressive they mostly go without comment or acknowledgement much less being addressed in anything close to a timely manner. These events are time sensitive, it's not prudent for us to just sit back and let the time slip away on these events if we wish to be part of them and it's irresponsible from nexon to not make them a priority and instead just keep hyping up the new content which inevitably will have a whole new set of problems that if history is any gauge they too will appear to be a lower priority than the next update, rinse and repeat again and again.

And yes real life happens and i am sorry you are dealing with something that demands your attention away from the office but there's no excuse that a company as profitable as Nexon that doesn't have someone to temporarily pick up the slack. The local convenience store doesn't close down for a week if they clerk has a family emergency

edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

@Everyone and @AKradian - I am still up in Washington. I would not have come up here if it weren't something important enough to warrant me uprooting the life I had established in Los Angeles, and spending an arm and a leg to get up here so suddenly.

The only thing that really changed is that I can't walk over to someone's desk and tap them on the shoulder for something.

As far as forwarding issues - I have not found it to be worthwhile to comment on every single issue I forward but I assure that things are getting forward. I still send issues, feedback, hot topics, etc. to the team DAILY.

Here are some screen shots of different sections of the reports I send out

These reports pretty comprehensive. Related threads, comments on each topic, sentiment, my own insight, and even some quotes are thrown in.
    The hype building stuff I've been doing is just what's visible.

so, any chance of a follow up on any of this, particularly the event hall issue, considering both of the events associated to the issue are time sensitive and time is running out.. showing us you submitted reports is great, but it's rather useless unless there's some further communication regarding resolutions.
    Tuba
    edited November 2016
    Seriously Kthxbainao,can you take a moment out of your busy social calendar in the contest and favorite class threads to give us an update on this, after all you interjected the fact you sent these reports therefor it doesn't seem too much to ask you follow up on them with us