[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DISCUSSION] V

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    the main issue I have with this update is the same ive had on every update, they keep pushing updates and events on us faster and faster, I guess since they think those are the only ways to get us to log in but with what seems like very limited testing based on the ton of bugs introduced in every one and many people not even able to participate in the events due to the continual connectivity issues and latency issues we keep getting inundated with repeatedly.. on top of which critical issues for large groups of people that prevent us from being able to accomplish much in the game, such as the ever persistent pet loot lag and event hall lag both of which have existed for a very long time but the only responses we ever get is we are looking into them or trying to reproduce them... those are becoming very hollow

and yes as the above poster pointed out, when events become the norm they feel more like a chore rather than an event and the hype gets less and less as a result, especially knowing all the down time for unscheduled maintenances and game breaking bugs awaiting us

and as far as the person criticizing your stream, I felt the same way as him or her in the fact rather than giving real and thoughtful answers you seemed more intent on sidestepping them or trying to be cute or funny "yeah we can have a nx transfer eventually probably.. eventually... "followed by a forced laugh or your response to the pet loot issue stating your computer doesn't have the issue, and making light of it, that isn't even relevant.. surely you are not implying because you don't have the issue none of us are. or the response about the event hall.... its the same response we always get about you trying to reproduce it, this issue has been going on since before we even had an event hall and pops up every few events for people, either its a low piority or the most baffling software glitch in the history of software glitches
    deadend5193Agent_DragonfuryIvangold
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

How's the experience curve change going to affect existing characters?
    Will they jump half a level or not be affected at all?
    I'm not sure about the ranking question but I can answer these two for sure.

I believe Michael said the exp curve from 1-200 is getting reduced by about 30%. Here is the EXP curve from Orangemushroom's blog and the New EXP Table

The level of players will not be affected from the exp reduction. If a player is 175 with 80% EXP they will stay at 175 with 80% exp.

For the rankings I'm going to guess that its not going to change much because it is only 1-200 that is being changed and a lot of people on the rankings are higher than 200.

The only think that is really going to change is the EXP needed to get from 200-201 since the exp will be a larger gap.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

@VermaWyrda Let me clarify what I meant, because you might have missed something. I said that increasing the resolution of the game isn't as easy as just making it fit (stretching it out) to 1920x1080. I said if it were done like that, it would be the same as zooming in. Zooming out and showing more of the screen would result in everyone playing a game for ants. I said that remastering everything in game for 1920x1080 would be relatively large and time consuming undertaking, and that when it comes to things like that we need to weigh the benefits against the time/cost for actually making the change. I essentially said that there is a possibility, but nobody should hold their breath waiting for it.

Which questions do you feel were evaded? I'd be more than happy to answer what I can right now.

Please keep in mind, that there is a big difference between not knowing an answer to a question, and not being comfortable or allowed to disclose certain information. A lot of questions will not be answered because things aren't set in stone yet. Anyone that works in, or has worked in the game or entertainment industry, will tell you the same thing. You don't give a date. You should never give a date or timeline unless you know with absolutely certainty that it will be met (barring extenuating circumstances). Most of the questions I received during the stream were "When is X happening?".

On a personal level - I would rather someone spend time answering the questions they are able too, instead of answering a lot of questions they can't with "I have no information that I can share at this time"
    if you're open to responding to a question I saw that didnt get a response, I would like to know if there are any plans for removal of certain nebs like accuracy/ avoid/ magic def, and changes to others like crit boosting nebs and or decent skill nebs? also wondering if nexon is looking into any kind of neb revamp.
    Its2Sharp4UchaoscauserIvangold
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2016
    Detrivance

The only think that is really going to change is the EXP needed to get from 200-201 since the exp will be a larger gap.
    That's not how it works. They're cutting the experience required to level up at each level so a character who just hit level 250 will have more accumulated experience than a character made post patch and leveled to 250. If our level and progression are staying the same then the only logical conclusion is that they're cutting everyone's experience. The rankings are based on your accumulated experience, not your current level and progression in that level.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Ok so about the Exp change: @ZephyrusSpring
    One thing first: they are cutting more exp from the high levels that were always a pain to level, by 28~~29%, besides the change in how you get exp from mobs, you can't get exp from mobs lv40 or more above from your lv, and you get more %exp if you are closer to the monster's level:
    So i a way all levels are easyer simple by that, besides the change to %damage reduction instead the old accuracy, so classes with less hits level up faster too, also the lv200mobs+ give much more exp besides your damage increase in 5job, well there may be a gap in 200-201 but your adventure changes even more with a new job too.

About KthkBaiNao stream
    I felt his questions he had were given by someone from nexon, not players themselves... it's not that you can't answer things a lot of players know, but i honestly tought you would answer questions from like facebook or reddit, well you guys could post in facebook and seeying some questions from players.
    PlasticHolly
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

About KthkBaiNao stream
    I felt his questions he had were given by someone from nexon, not players themselves... it's not that you can't answer things a lot of players know, but i honestly tought you would answer questions from like facebook or reddit, well you guys could post in facebook and seeying some questions from players.
    No, I believe it's just that the chat was running way too quickly so it's hard to pick off questions. Even more so that a majority of the questions were repeatedly asked. Twitch also has a bit of a delay for the stream so a reply from a viewer may not show up as an immediate response from the streamer. Last of all a majority of the information provided wasn't in stone so he can only say that much without getting in trouble.

It's a lot easier to answer stuff when it's not LIVE like forum posts. It just takes a bit of time.
  • KuroJokerKuroJoker
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    Sorry if this has already been asked but since the amount of exp required for each job is changing, does that mean the current levels of our characters who are under lvl200 will change?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KuroJoker
    KuroJoker said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but since the amount of exp required for each job is changing, does that mean the current levels of our characters who are under lvl200 will change?
    No.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    No new shareable page on the V-microsite today? down to 3000 possible points.
    I haven't been on in a while, so I gotta ask is Zero ever gonna be available in reboot or whatever it's called? I saw somewhere they weren't available but I didn't get why. And then the V-update is saying Zero can be made for a while, does that mean in general, or in reboot too?
    Is there gonna be a leveling event or something for people who had existing characters can get to 200 easier? such as how people were saying you're gonna lose up to 30% of your exp from the sound of it, so I didn't know if they'd get some 2x exp coupons(with an expiration date of like 2-3 days or something to make up for it.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

How's the experience curve change going to affect existing characters? Will they jump half a level or not be affected at all? If they're not affected at all, what happens with the rankings in regards to new characters? The rankings keep track of your total experience gained and rank everyone based on that. If existing characters are left alone then new characters would have to reach a higher level in order to match existing characters in experience which would no longer be a perfectly fair comparison. Or will the experience of existing characters be cut to maintain their current level and exp %?
    I believe that for existing characters, the %exp they have will stay the same and the actual number will be different. So if you were at level 150 and had 34% exp to level up, you will stay at 34% exp to level up, but hte number shown to you will just be different.

As for rankings, they won't be affected by this
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I haven't been on in a while, so I gotta ask is Zero ever gonna be available in reboot or whatever it's called? I saw somewhere they weren't available but I didn't get why. And then the V-update is saying Zero can be made for a while, does that mean in general, or in reboot too?
    Is there gonna be a leveling event or something for people who had existing characters can get to 200 easier? such as how people were saying you're gonna lose up to 30% of your exp from the sound of it, so I didn't know if they'd get some 2x exp coupons(with an expiration date of like 2-3 days or something to make up for it.
    I have 1600 points so far and 8 locked off pages to view, which means I can get 3,200 points still. Note that the new pages aren't in chronological order though, so go through one by one until you find the one you haven't shared yet
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I have 1600 points so far and 8 locked off pages to view, which means I can get 3,200 points still. Note that the new pages aren't in chronological order though, so go through one by one until you find the one you haven't shared yet
    Thank you, I didn't know about them not being in chronological order.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    I can't find it anywhere, but what's the current max character slots, and what is it gonna be after the update? Does anyone know?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I can't find it anywhere, but what's the current max character slots, and what is it gonna be after the update? Does anyone know?
    40 right now.
    I don't think it's supposed to change in this update.
  • LemonnezeLemonneze
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Ive been trying to share the links but for some reason my email is not eligible. Ive been stuck on 0 points for a couple days now. :A;
    anyone got any ideas?
  • XxRizorxXXxRizorxX
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

gamechanger

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Thank you, I didn't know about them not being in chronological order.
    what do you mean pages, I only see one and i already shared it but this was yesterday.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    XxRizorxX
    XxRizorxX said:

what do you mean pages, I only see one and i already shared it but this was yesterday.
    what they were pointing out was that ever since day 2 of the event the new notices have been placed after the share event box but before the other 2 first notices
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Zero is not getting released on reboot unless it happens in KMS, the Creation event the update video mentions will be for normal servers only just like that last couple of times. meaning if you want to play Zero, you have to play it on a normal server.
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I can't believe that this song will finally be in our game
  • XxRizorxXXxRizorxX
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

XxRizorxX
    XxRizorxX said:

what they were pointing out was that ever since day 2 of the event the new notices have been placed after the share event box but before the other 2 first notices
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Zero is not getting released on reboot unless it happens in KMS, the Creation event the update video mentions will be for normal servers only just like that last couple of times. meaning if you want to play Zero, you have to play it on a normal server.
    im confused, i just came back 2 days ago.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    XxRizorxX
    XxRizorxX said:

im confused, i just came back 2 days ago.
    @XxRizorxX
    So, you know about the micro site for the V update right? you can get points for sharing each page of it (click each of the links to make sure you find every page) when you get to at least 2700 points you get all the gifts.
    an example is :
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update
    and
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17909/web-event-share-v-news-update-to-earn-free-prizes
    Two different pages on the micro site
    Catooolooo

Alright. I know Zero wasn't originally gonna be in Reboot, and I have one on dem(and I think another server but can't remember) I just was hoping to be able to get a complete collection of the classes soon.