[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is your fav class and why?

Comments

• VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I'd have to say my favourite class right now is the Dawn Warrior, but I'm actively playing a Dark Knight.

There's a lot for me to love with the Dawn Warrior class, but here are a few of my favourite things. First off the sun and moon theme for their attacks! I have a strong interest in those themes regardless of the source material, so a class based around them is perfect for me. Next up is the fact that they hit a ridiculous number of attack lines with their mobbing skill. With the upcoming fifth job patch Dawn Warriors will effectively hit 28 lines per attack! That's total madness! Speaking of their attacks, the class has amazing range and mobility despite being a warrior. No needs to get up close and personal. Finally there's the utility they can provide, lowers the defense and elemental resist of any target for their parties, and even having a bind.

I'm much more invested in my Dark Knight though, which is why I play that class. With the upcoming fifth job Dark Knight will become a lot stronger too, so it may take over as my favourite class again.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2016
    I haven't tried a lot of my classes that were revamped recently, but I love playing my Angelic Buster. I found her storyline to be a lot of fun, and I like that she has to switch skills constantly. And that her older skills actually carry on in later jobs.
    I like all the Resistance characters for plot reasons, and Jett for the same reason. Though I don't get to see the new one because I had a Jett pre-revamp. But Angelic Buster is the most fun to play.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited September 2016
    Kanna because it comes with a free fox!
    Yonax
  • TimeKarmaTimeKarma
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

Battle Mage

I love them since their release.
    They have many benefits: 100% Stance, High HP/MP (also max defense), Excellent Teleport, Decent Mobbing, Easy to rebuff.
    Also who doesn't love the little reaper that follows you around!?
    I MEAN LOOK AT HIM, HE'S SO ADORABLE!

Many complained about the cool down added to their Lv.170 hyper and the removal of Grand Light Aura buff, but I disagree against the majority because they were overpowered but now they are one of the balanced classes that require great controls and they are very fun to play too.
    Though it is difficult for beginners to understand them and properly telecast for maximum output, if you master the class then you would out-damage majority of the classes in Maplestory.

I just can't quit this class, it's the perfect class for me and many others.
    MaryseSqamp
  • ElectrolledElectrolled
    Reactions: 910
    edited September 2016
    Paladin. Because I can charge towards bosses stuck doing their 1hko moves' animations and use that time to attack while almost every other class has to run away. Doesn't matter that we're bottom of the DPS charts, can't do damage if you're dead. 100% status resistance is also pretty handy for chaos queen in particular.

Plus, I can always switch over to hero for a 150% DPS boost, and it's like playing 2 classes in 1 :D
  • Jen0vaCoreJen0vaCore
    Reactions: 405
    edited September 2016
    For me it's a mix between Xenon and Phantom. Both are great classes with a lot of versatility and great mobility. Both are challenging due to the amount of funding and cubing/scrolling you need to do to perfect them.
  • NarutoNaruto
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2016
    Buccaneer

Started playing maplestory around the time they were released and I always loved them ever since.

Did someone actually say there favorite class was Jett? LOL
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited September 2016
    Naruto
    Naruto said:

Buccaneer

Started playing maplestory around the time they were released and I always loved them ever since.

Did someone actually say there favorite class was Jett? LOL
    Yes?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2016
    The Eric class
    YonaxNiightseekerVerusAstrumSqampIts2Sharp4UDough
  • ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited September 2016
    Hayato.

The mobility, the mid-range sanrenzan 4th job+, being capable of having 100% crit & self-sustain (% chance to regain hp), able to chain skills, etc.
    Honestly, I really enjoyed the play-style of this class. I would have quit and never returned if Nexon didn't bring this class from JMS..

DeeMonHungry4Pizza
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    My favorite one is Pink Bean :v
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited September 2016
    I may main (and love) Bishops with a passion, but several characters show a lot of outstanding features.

Demons are really high up on the list for showing the greatest amount of character depth and backstory. His appearance and significance in Heroes of Maple furthered added on to his personna.
    Evan for being based off Eragon, and because hatchling Mir is sooooooo cute <3.
    Kinesis for a fun, unique playstyle and a personality proving brainiacs can have a mean streak when bullied.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    scholar624

I may main (and love) Bishops with a passion, but several characters show a lot of outstanding features.
    I have a bit of a leftover hate for Bishops from pre-BB.
    KSing mofos lovely folks...
  • yougurtyougurt
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2016
    kanna is actually a really fun character when you get to level 60 and plus there's a lil pet fox! But the amount of hp she has is kinda small for a magician haha
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    As of right now Hayato is my favorite class. I'm still trying to find my new favorite class since Nexon kind of ruined Aran with the revamp.
    MakazeKiba
  • ProminisProminis
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited September 2016
    Currently I main a Night Lord, probably because I remember way way back in 2006 or 2007, becoming one used to be my goal (which, of course, never happened until this year). Having tried most other classes to 70 or 120+, I can't tell whether or not I stick with Night Lord because I like the class, or because I've funded it too far to drop it for something else.
  • BlazeDashBlazeDash
    Reactions: 765
    edited September 2016
    Shade (Eunwol), is my favorite his compelling story it's everything i need to like him, but also had good set of skills, pretty good HP, and it suits my playstyle on Bosses, i like attack but also help, so i can do both with my bind and my other skills, so fun so far i main him in 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot.

• TyluroxTylurox
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2016
    This is really tough for me but I gotta say it's a tie between Jett and Dark Knight, they both just seem interesting to me.
  • BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited September 2016
    Bowmaster , This was my very first char and I've never looked back , I have one of every char, some over 200 like my BM but non I love the way I do my BM...
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    for me its ZERO because of his insane Mobility( Double Jump and teleport tell that isn't Overpowered) also because their weapon is the strongest potentialable weapon(both get rerolled) in the game( you get 2 weapons in 1 for a total of about 350 att Pure Around 650 to 700 att maxed out) also gets a free 30% boss att and 10% pdr for the 7th upgrade and you can freely Potential it. and they have some of the strongest skills in the game and your partner also attacks when you switch and im pretty happy they they are get 25mil cap up as well which will put them back at the top of the dps chart again.(75mil lines is much higher than the other classes range ups.)

also his skills DO A TON OF DAMAGE AT VERY LOW RANGES 2 million damage a hit at 90k range. and is one of the few classes that can do the endgame bosses early. and I have pretty got boss att 60% from my weapon and 20% pdr which causes me to have 87% pdr without any lines pdr.
    chelchelsDoughHungry4Pizza