[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

Comments

• TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

Contrast
    Contrast said:

^... SS ring never
    ? the SS ring is from the moon bunny coin shop - those are in most of the towns (like Edelstein)
    No, it's not.
    The shop only sells a box that gives a random A-C jewel, and ring blanks.
    You need to talk to the bunny in the Event Hall to combine Jewels until you get 4 S's, and then make rings out of them, and then combine the rings into one SS ring. All that, in Event Hall.
    Ah, didn't notice the combiner bunny was in the event hall.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    so apparently according to our CM in his stream today they are spending the limited time we have to do this event trying to re produce the issue, which is stupid, this issue is reoccurring and the whole reason the event hall was introduced in the first place to move the lag out of towns. Now rather than a simple fix of just moving the npc we are getting lip service that means it wont be addressed in time to complete this event for those suffering it-or trusting some friend to go on our accts to do it for us.
    KoffieManiOh
  • Hadar2143Hadar2143
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    whenever i try to enter the event hall the room gets laggier and laggier undtill it totally freezes
    even when i know no one is in there
    i thoguht maybe the lag is becouse of the pets
    or my nx equipment but its just being a buggy lag and i dont know what to do , nexon please fix this issue
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

so apparently according to our CM in his stream today they are spending the limited time we have to do this event trying to re produce the issue, which is stupid, this issue is reoccurring and the whole reason the event hall was introduced in the first place to move the lag out of towns. Now rather than a simple fix of just moving the npc we are getting lip service that means it wont be addressed in time to complete this event for those suffering it-or trusting some friend to go on our accts to do it for us.
    Well, it's pretty easy to reproduce, just play on any OLD character that has actually PLAYED the game (has done a lot of quests and events)

seems to me they keep making a new char and play on the most modern hardware and "oh, surprise... no lag", testing should be done in real case scenarios, you can borrow characters from the players and test during maintenances, My FP Mage, for instance... the most affected character i have
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    DFH
    DFH said:

PlasticHolly

Well, it's pretty easy to reproduce, just play on any OLD character that has actually PLAYED the game (has done a lot of quests and events)

seems to me they keep making a new char and play on the most modern hardware and "oh, surprise... no lag", testing should be done in real case scenarios, you can borrow characters from the players and test during maintenances, My FP Mage, for instance... the most affected character i have
    exactly, its not like they havent had this issue before or are new to trouble shooting, but oddly enough the same issues come up over and over and always seem to baffle them and need more time to research... one would think maybe it's just not a very high priority and for the most part they just aren't bothering
    Koffie
  • GengarGengar
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    No it's the NPCs Gaga and Cassandra. They were thrown in there because the lag had an effect on people in main towns. Long time ago they "fixed" this from happening. Seems like w/e they did only suppressed it and the merger brought it out again. People say this only effects older chars as when they make new ones they enter just fine.
    I've been having the same issue with my old cannoneer since the merge happened
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2016
    I just lagged to death in the event hall on one of my oldest characters. I can't do the V coin exchange Grrrrrr. Nexon needs to fix this or stop putting events in there.
    Hadar2143
  • VayporizeVayporize
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Bug type: Severe lag

Brief bug summary: When entering the event hall I experience extreme lag

More details: Unable to participate in coin exchange event due to excessive lag

Steps to reproduce: Enter event hall

Character name: Vayporize

Character level: 220

Character job: Night Lord

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 11/18/2016 at 1:03 AM EST time
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Still can't go in event hall for fusing
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    DFH
    DFH said:

PlasticHolly

This is especially bad for me, since I've done almost every quest in the game when I was trying to see which can't be done.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited November 2016
    It's not that the characters are old. I have friends that are on old characters and do not have the lag issues. I think this is a hit or miss issue involving a random but large number of players. It could be a certain quest that we started but never finished. There are many quests that have been taken out but still show up in the quest log. I have always been one to do quests. My friends w/o lag issues are not so much into quests. I think that right there is the real cause of the lag. Open quests that you can't even complete that are stuck in the log could be to blame.
    Sparkz
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited November 2016
    CrystalOra

It's not that the characters are old. I have friends that are on old characters and do not have the lag issues. I think this is a hit or miss issue involving a random but large number of players. It could be a certain quest that we started but never finished. There are many quests that have been taken out but still show up in the quest log. I have always been one to do quests. My friends w/o lag issues are not so much into quests. I think that right there is the real cause of the lag. Open quests that you can't even complete that are stuck in the log could be to blame.
    I tried testing this idea with a brand spankin' new character. And still lagging to heck and back in the event hall. So I don't think it's the quests.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Entering the Event Hall from my laptop is at the moment like this.

Lilyflower
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Entering the Event Hall from my laptop is at the moment like this.

-clip-
    If the Event Hall was that fast for me I would be stoked :(
    Uzajx
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    I hope they do a full server re-optimization for 5th job. as excited as I am for its earlish release I think the servers need to be majorly overhauled and reduction in lag needs to be addressed pertaining to quest spam, loot spam, pet loot spam, item identification lag, FPS dropping after hunting a certain time, and surely the lag in event hall seeing as that's where most event NPC's keep popping up.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited November 2016
    Okay so if it has nothing to do with old characters or unfinished quests...what is the cause? It's not the size of the account because I know people with full accounts that can still get in there. Grrrrrr, can we move the npc to another location? Or make it a quest that shows up in the star that does not require us to go to the event hall? This could be fixed if they really wanted it to be.
  • cesareon94cesareon94
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    It's so bad we can't even do the Vcoin exchange event due to the big lag in the room. *Feeling Sad* :(
  • DFHDFH
    edited November 2016
    cesareon94

It's so bad we can't even do the Vcoin exchange event due to the big lag in the room. *Feeling Sad* :(
    Same here... funny thing is that they added a limit of 30 coins a day now... at least now we can calculate how many coins we will not be able to exchange....
  • DFHDFH
    edited November 2016
    CrystalOra

Okay so if it has nothing to do with old characters or unfinished quests...what is the cause? It's not the size of the account because I know people with full accounts that can still get in there. Grrrrrr, can we move the npc to another location? Or make it a quest that shows up in the star that does not require us to go to the event hall? This could be fixed if they really wanted it to be.
    The only thing i'm 100% sure is that it's caused by Maple Admin, Gaga and possibly Cassandra too, since that's what caused the game to freeze in towns they were in, while in towns they were NOT present, game ran normally.

If nexon implemented This workaround at least we would be able to use the other NPCs in the event hall...
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Can Nexon move the Admin NPC and the Rabbit to make the jewel out of Event hall if they couldn't fix the lag , Please??? Put it in every town instead