[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DISCUSSION] V

Comments

• RaverRoseRaverRose
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    I am really edging on making a Night Lord. However, I want him to take advantage of all the perks from the sharing events. Should I go for it?
  • ShowstopperShowstopper
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    I really hope they bring the Cygnus knights armor to the cash shop. it was shown at specific points in the trailer when showing off the 5th skills. I wanna dress up as Hawkeye for my Thunderbreaker
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    So since I've seen admins reply on this, I'm hoping they will see this, what's the point in kitty treats for beast tamer? By the time you get it no class really sees much improvement from 625 hp/mp especially now that they're all megabuffed and just 3 characters give you an easy 1000 without having to worry about proximity or what form your in. Is it gonna be replaced, or buffed in this or some update?
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

So since I've seen admins reply on this, I'm hoping they will see this, what's the point in kitty treats for beast tamer? By the time you get it no class really sees much improvement from 625 hp/mp especially now that they're all megabuffed and just 3 characters give you an easy 1000 without having to worry about proximity or what form your in. Is it gonna be replaced, or buffed in this or some update?
    This isn't the best place for this question. Anyway I doubt it will be fixed, BT is hardly ever touched, even in CMS. Not to mention this is hardly the biggest problem with BT at the moment. The whole class needs to be redone from the ground up. Cat mode buffs need to be made into permanent effects like auras (seriously, reapplying them every ~5 seconds just causes unnecessary stress on the server), Hawk mode needs an entire revamp to not be utter garbage, bear mode needs to be updated so its main attack doesn't leave you a sitting duck (and so you don't need several seconds to get started). And that isn't even bug fixes, just basic "Let me play the damn class" fixes.
  • XxRizorxXXxRizorxX
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

XxRizorxX
    XxRizorxX said:

im confused, i just came back 2 days ago.
    @XxRizorxX
    So, you know about the micro site for the V update right? you can get points for sharing each page of it (click each of the links to make sure you find every page) when you get to at least 2700 points you get all the gifts.
    an example is :
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update
    and
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17909/web-event-share-v-news-update-to-earn-free-prizes
    Two different pages on the micro site
    Catooolooo

Zero is not getting released on reboot unless it happens in KMS, the Creation event the update video mentions will be for normal servers only just like that last couple of times. meaning if you want to play Zero, you have to play it on a normal server.
    Alright. I know Zero wasn't originally gonna be in Reboot, and I have one on dem(and I think another server but can't remember) I just was hoping to be able to get a complete collection of the classes soon.
    oh okay sweet, i have 1800 points now, anything im missing?
  • MamlazMamlaz
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Any news about reboot server in EU? willl it be soon? I don't want to begin playing normal server and then starting all over in new, but population will be even lower that it is now when reboot come and all my friends will play reboot.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Still waiting for the patch notes haha that will be the 30th i guess.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    @XxRizorxX It's up to 2000 now, but it'll slowly increase since there are still 6 pages not available yet; they should all be open within the next 5 days though.
    gamechanger

This isn't the best place for this question. Anyway I doubt it will be fixed, BT is hardly ever touched, even in CMS. Not to mention this is hardly the biggest problem with BT at the moment. The whole class needs to be redone from the ground up. Cat mode buffs need to be made into permanent effects like auras (seriously, reapplying them every ~5 seconds just causes unnecessary stress on the server), Hawk mode needs an entire revamp to not be utter garbage, bear mode needs to be updated so its main attack doesn't leave you a sitting duck (and so you don't need several seconds to get started). And that isn't even bug fixes, just basic "Let me play the damn class" fixes.
    I thought they fixed the 5-second buff part already, I thought that was what was fixed while beast tamers weren't available for like a year straight.
    I personally only use cat and bird modes (only got to lvl 140 on it for the link skill since it seemed to get really slow even with bear and jaguar modes so now I just use it for regroup, town portal, and cat buffs whil helping random people level. I think most of cat is good, just the kitty treats need to either be buffed, or taken out completely, but if taken out I think the rest of the skills should go down a couple levels(the required level not the effectiveness). Maybe give beast tamer a way to get 3 animals completely filled so people can do either 2 training animals and cat or 1/2 the buffs and able to get town portal/regroup.
    Or even just making the passives permanent, as in even when in another mode, so it's basically like actual job advancements. You can't use the active moves of different animals, but you can keep the passives up. Even if it means lowering the power of the buffs some. Though where would be a better place to ask this/post this? I only made a forum account for this thread.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Mamlaz
    Mamlaz said:

Any news about reboot server in EU? willl it be soon? I don't want to begin playing normal server and then starting all over in new, but population will be even lower that it is now when reboot come and all my friends will play reboot.
    go play reboot.. we dont need a Eu reboot server.. since no one would play on it.

• KingopiratesKingopirates
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited November 2016
    YIIIIIIY BUCCANEER WILL BE EVEN MORE EXPLOSIVE TY NEXON TY GM's TY ALL COÖPERATORS TY ALL PLAYERS FOR MAKING THEM DO THIS GOOOOOOOOO MAPLE
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

@XxRizorxX It's up to 2000 now, but it'll slowly increase since there are still 6 pages not available yet; they should all be open within the next 5 days though.
    gamechanger

I thought they fixed the 5-second buff part already, I thought that was what was fixed while beast tamers weren't available for like a year straight.
    I personally only use cat and bird modes (only got to lvl 140 on it for the link skill since it seemed to get really slow even with bear and jaguar modes so now I just use it for regroup, town portal, and cat buffs whil helping random people level. I think most of cat is good, just the kitty treats need to either be buffed, or taken out completely, but if taken out I think the rest of the skills should go down a couple levels(the required level not the effectiveness). Maybe give beast tamer a way to get 3 animals completely filled so people can do either 2 training animals and cat or 1/2 the buffs and able to get town portal/regroup.
    Or even just making the passives permanent, as in even when in another mode, so it's basically like actual job advancements. You can't use the active moves of different animals, but you can keep the passives up. Even if it means lowering the power of the buffs some. Though where would be a better place to ask this/post this? I only made a forum account for this thread.
    A better forum would have been the general discussion one since this doesn't have much to do with V.

As for the 5 sec buffs getting fixed, not since I last played. And I only made a BT when they came back the second time (missed the original release) so as of then the buffs were still being re applied every 5 seconds.
  • JaeFromBroaJaeFromBroa
    Reactions: 1,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I am excited :)
  • XxRizorxXXxRizorxX
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

gamechanger

Weird, what page am i Missing? I shared all of the ones down below and the main page.
  • RlorsterRlorster
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    It's cool.....wish I could just connect to the game....I managed to log in on that Friday, Nov. 18th, but Ihaven't been able to log in since then...
  • RasenganjediRasenganjedi
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Sweet, that's gonna help me train my alts.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    any1 know v shop?
  • TaamaaTaamaa
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Will the burning event give frozen armor sets like before?
  • korobeinikikorobeiniki
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    wheres the shop going to because the event hall lag is too real
  • OnichuuOnichuu
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Question. Does the burning event only apply to newly created characters after the patch or any character under 130?
  • OnichuuOnichuu
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

OH MY LANTA.

THE FIFTH JOB ADVANCEMENT IS FINALLY ALMOST HERE!

Feel free to use this thread to discuss our next update!

I can't wait to make the advancement on my Hayato and Night Lord.

:OOOOO I am excited! Do you know if the burning event applies to already made characters under 130?