[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MapleStory V: Food ExtraVaganza

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited November 2016 in Contests and Events
Hey Maplers!

I hope you enjoyed the Design-A-Chair Contest! You've probably finished cooking for Thanksgiving by now, and are working on your leftovers.

LET'S COOK MORE FOOD. It's time for *drumroll* a cooking contest! (Yes, that was a turkey leg joke.)

Prepare a V-themed dish, take lots of Instagram-worthy pictures of it and post them here in this forum thread! You can use the V logo for inspiration, the colors of our update, or make it night club themed. Bonus cool points for anyone that can find a fun and creative way to incorporate LEDs into your dish (please don't eat the lights(actually, you'll get even more imaginary cool points if the lights are edible)).

The contest will run from November 26th until December 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific. Winners will be announced shortly after.

RULES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
  • Post your submission in this thread before the end of the contest submission period, December 31st, 2016. Include the name of your MapleStory character and World with your entry.
  • Multiple submissions, plagiarism, and use of inappropriate content (in the opinions of the judges) shall be grounds for disqualification.
  • The full disclosure of the Offical Rules for this contest can be found here: LINK
    Judging Critera:
    • Creativity and originality – 50%
    • Fit of the food into the MapleStory universe and theme approriateness – 30%
    • Anticipated taste of the food – 20%

PRIZING
  • 10 winners will receive a hefty amount of MaplePoints
  • The Grand Prize winner will receive 200,000 MaplePoints.
  • The upper 4 winners will receive 100,000 MaplePoints.
  • The bottom 5 winners will receive 50,000 MaplePoints!

Contest runs from today, to December 30th, 2016 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES

Comments

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    FOOD PLEASE.

EDIT: Hey everyone, when we say V-Themed, we mean the V Update. For ideas of the kind of aesthetic or color palette we're looking for you can check out our microsite (though I'm sure many of you already have) http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update

You can also just make a MapleStory themed dish if you'd like.

EDIT 2 on 11/29/2016

Here are some examples of entries from previous cooking contests.

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Time to make some instant-ramen and take cool pictures of it, cause that's all I'm gonna be eating for a few months now after spending so much on NX.
    NakazatoJLJettLuvsUParadoxs
  • OrigamiHeartOrigamiHeart
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    Semi-transparent blue-ish coloured jelly, formed like LED diodes, arranged into a V-shape, either ontop of a bright coloured edible base, or in a transparent plate with a light source underneath. I can't cook, so I'm just giving out ideas if someone is willing to try it. ^ _ ^
  • DangsterDangster
    Reactions: 1,350
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016

Beware of the almighty bowl of V noodle!!
    The bowl contains ramen with eggs and sliced chili, which I cooked with lots of love (Horny Mushroom approves :D). V for vegetable and I made that V logo with sliced cucumber... which is a vegetable!
    Hope you like it! :D

Ign: Dangs
    World: Luna
    OkumanHikouaAyoitsianJettLuvsUAlanDahManbfreno
  • DadevilslayaDadevilslaya
    Reactions: 850
    edited November 2016
    Hmmmm..... Gonna make V-Themed left overs after tonight XD
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Dangster
    Dangster said:

The bowl contains ramen with eggs and sliced chili, which I cooked with lots of love (Horny Mushroom approves :D). V for vegetable and I made that V logo with sliced cucumber... which is a vegetable!

Ign: KungFuuu
    That looks amazing! I wish I could cook real food, all I can do is make desserts and most of them don't look all that great even though they taste good :(
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    Dangster
    Dangster said:

Ign: KungFuuu
    those eggs look like boobs

• LukiiehLukiieh
    Reactions: 100
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Does it necessarily have to be a Dish? Or do Desserts count too? o:
  • Korea1996Korea1996
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    famouse food of every country
    korea kimchi
    Japan sushi
    Mexico Taco
    etc
    Windia XxK0kuryuxX
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Lukiieh
    Lukiieh said:

Does it necessarily have to be a Dish? Or do Desserts count too? o:
    Anything edible!

@Dangster - Shin ramyun?
  • DangsterDangster
    Reactions: 1,350
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

@Dangster - Shin ramyun?
    Yes :D
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    V Chicken and Rice from Zipangu

• ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2016
    IGN: Shanochi
    Server: Windia

Dish - Sky Whale Combo

http://mapleartist.deviantart.com/art/Food-653809188?ga_submit_new=10%3A1482910275

Looking for a place stay? A long trip vacation? Or something tasty and delicious?

Then you're in luck! Try out one of the Chew Chew Island signature dishes! (Suggested by Chief Lyon). The dish included Woolroot's Fat, Bishark's Meat, Catfish, Sheenana, and Chewrup-tree's stems, leafs, and pedals! Not to mention the special Cheese cake with unripe Woolroot and Madame Popo special soup!

• ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Pizza cake (instead of birthday cake..u make layers cake of Pizzas)

Let's call it: UnleashVioza Pizza Cake

• ToxicToxic
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    I don't think some people understand that there's supposed to be a V THEME D:
    These are just dishes of food with no theme... O_o
    AKradianFrecklesKINGOFDAJNGLScarlettLoveMimimi
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Toxic
    Toxic said:

I understand.. I just show one of my dishes that I'v e made..but i will revamp a bit so it would be V-themed. But the problem is..I don't really got they want point they want about the V-themed is. I can make cookies with V in the middles, or macaroon with V n the middle..or Pizza with or tart.. But i will try to find something..i hope i have time to do it,

• ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    Toxic
    Toxic said:

Hey!

At least we tried lol.

• jennijenni
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    http://i.imgur.com/jvvqKnY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5dOPpYq.jpg

This is our V-themed blueberry cheese cake (as you can see, the whole cake is in shape of the V-logo) with two layers and neon blue crème filling. We colored the cheese cake with black food dye to get a nice contrast to the crème. We tried our best to bring out the night club feeling with the colors and LED lights. We made some familiar creatures from Maple World out of sugar mass to fit in to the game. We made the whole cake from scratch with own our recipe and it was worth the time we put into it.

We did this cake together with my two buddies from MapleStory (from real life too!) In case we happen to be so lucky and win a prize, we would like to share the reward evenly with the three of us.

IGNs: GummiBeär, Ichite & NukkaNakki
    AKradiank_koToxicUAlderKINGOFDAJNGL
  • RythermRytherm
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    This is my V-theme chicken lasagna
    A chicken lasagna, rice with garlic around, egg, olive, tomato, parsley

IGN: Rytherm
    World: Reboot
    azuynyanToxic
  • k_kok_ko
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    jenni
    jenni said:

This is our V-themed blueberry cheese cake (as you can see, the whole cake is in shape of the V-logo) with two layers and neon blue crème filling. We colored the cheese cake with black food dye to get a nice contrast to the crème. We tried our best to bring out the night club feeling with the colors and LED lights. We made some familiar creatures from Maple World out of sugar mass to fit in to the game. We made the whole cake from scratch with own our recipe and it was worth the time we put into it.

We did this cake together with my two buddies from MapleStory (from real life too!) In case we happen to be so lucky and win a prize, we would like to share the reward evenly with the three of us.

IGNs: GummiBeär, Ichite & NukkaNakki
    Wahh it looks amazing!! I had a very similar idea but now I'm reconsidering because yours looks so much better than what I was imagining!! >.<
    jenni
This discussion has been closed.