[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited November 2016
    feel bad for the employees, I'm guessing they have to work overtime lol.
    Riku593
  • RonyeeRonyee
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2016
    Weasel_1966

Thanks Ronyee but as I stated After several times of DC'ing I checked the server status and all servers were up. This happens everytime a big update is added and I eventually end up having to reload the game client.
    I noticed that myself and it can get very frustrating. When i cant log on and i know my internet is good and god forbid im ever banned lol i usually assume is maintenance.

• SarasChaosSarasChaos
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

Something to consider is the size of MapleStory. After over a decade, there is an enormous amount of content - both universal and GMS-exclusive - and accounting for every single factor becomes more and more difficult over time. While the hope is for everything to function correctly the first time, as a program issues will arise and be addressed appropriately. It's unfortunate when we must incur additional downtime to address issues, but what's important is that issues that come to light due to the dynamics of the playerbase are being addressed - not pointing blame over factors which are not always obvious from a testing standpoint.
    well said, but something to consider is most of the people complaining on here are the ones who only have been here one or two years. they have no idea what they are talking about or the immense amount of content they have yet to discover. I personally have played since beta, and I would rather nexon take there time with this so the future updates wont have as many issues.
    SinicideErraticEclipseEucilleSimz
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    how come the cross world servers are still up?
  • DisfridDisfrid
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    This just show incompetence and lack of preparation, no wonder why the game is losing popularity. I'll rather have waited one more week than waiting this "unnexpected issue" to get fixed by a seem-to-be over 24 hour maintenance. Nexon better be giving an apology in-game token when this get fixed
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited November 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

i skipped school to play ms :/
    sounds like a whole lot of your problem
    Sinicide
  • EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited November 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

Eucille
    Eucille said:

i skipped school to play ms :/
    sounds like a whole lot of your problem
    sounds like a whole lot of uncessacary sass

PlasticHollyAzureNarga
  • SarasChaosSarasChaos
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Disfrid
    Disfrid said:

This just show incompetence and lack of preparation, no wonder why the game is losing popularity. I'll rather have waited one more week than waiting this "unnexpected issue" to get fixed by a seem-to-be over 24 hour maintenance. Nexon better be giving an apology in-game token when this get fixed
    why do you feel so entitled to compensation for them already giving you something you didn't have before. ? I hope they do no such thing.. and extended maintenance is expected with a total version update. get used to it or leave ? :o
    sparebladeErraticEclipseringayeenSimz
  • Kliang96Kliang96
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    Does Nexon not have test servers by now where they can implement the patch ahead of time and test for bugs? This is a constant occurrence every big patch, and even the small patches release with several bugs. Not to mention that maintenance is extended more often than not.

It's honestly almost as sad as their streamers today who had no idea how to even play the game.
    PlasticHolly
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

Something to consider is the size of MapleStory. After over a decade, there is an enormous amount of content - both universal and GMS-exclusive - and accounting for every single factor becomes more and more difficult over time. While the hope is for everything to function correctly the first time, as a program issues will arise and be addressed appropriately. It's unfortunate when we must incur additional downtime to address issues, but what's important is that issues that come to light due to the dynamics of the playerbase are being addressed - not pointing blame over factors which are not always obvious from a testing standpoint.
    Sure, we all understand there may be difficulties upon upgrading the system. Which makes us more mad/annoyed is the way GMS communicates with players. Moreover, it's just been happening too much for it to be considered as a pass-by situation.
    SarasChaos

MegaScience

well said, but something to consider is most of the people complaining on here are the ones who only have been here one or two years. they have no idea what they are talking about or the immense amount of content they have yet to discover. I personally have played since beta, and I would rather nexon take there time with this so the future updates wont have as many issues.
    I don't really know why people end up assuming everyone complaining to be a new player. I've played Maplestory long enough to notice that this is a big problem. You are the one being ignorant supporting Nexon for its fault. I'm sure you know they extended the maintenance to "test" and upon release it was full of bugs.
    PlasticHolly
  • ExoArtExoArt
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited November 2016
    if only you guys would just disable crit for like a day and let us play with out it. Id be totally happy with out crit sitting in hene or browsing fm or cs.
  • FrankHmFrankHm
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    I wanna play ! And make a new DB !
    Hurry up and thanks for working hard nexon team !
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

We wanted to provide you all with a general update regarding the current unscheduled maintenance [LINK].

We’re working on a few major issues related to crit damage for some classes being much higher than normal, some players having issues with new character creation, and the “Play V” event timer not working properly, along with some other issues as well.

Please note that at this time, we do not have an ETA for completion of this unscheduled maintenance, but our team is working diligently to complete all testing and get each of you back on the servers. We appreciate your patience, and understand how much all of you are looking forward to this update.
  • AkamaSescrAkamaSescr
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    SirAlucard

AkamaSescr

SirAlucard

I have played since cygnus knights came out. On and off for about the past year or two now. However in all those years iv never noticed that the update would go twice into further notice with no ETA but one of the two finish with never being given an ETA, im sorry but that is kind of poor on keeping the people informed. but on the bright side, this update is why im comming back again. Cant wait to get into the fifth job :D
    Hahaha seem that you didn't played during the tempest patch, it took almost 1 day to get it working properly. So it's almost the same with this patch if it makes to one entire day.

not talking about time wise, its the "further notice" that im questioning. i dont mind waiting for a whole day when they add this much stuff at once.
    Well it's the same, when Tempest patch arrived it happened what is happening withV patch, they put the server down with no ETA for 3 times because of the high content of it and the revamped classes so, it's possible that with V patch it will be almost the same since they are adding tons of content to each class and sub-class.
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    SarasChaos

MegaScience

i have almost 10 years with my account, and i'm complaining, because i (at some point) thought like you, "take their time with this so future updates won't have as many issues" and 10 years later their updates have and incredible ammount of issues, so, we should just keep wishing that maybe in another 10 years they won't have as many issues i guess?

I do no tthink however they do this on purpose, and i'm sure they want and wish every patch goes live with a few - no bugs at all, and we all wish that, but when you make the same mistake over and over, maybe it's time to actually do something about it, make a test server again, less updates and actually try them internally for longer time, etc etc, because they are a company after all
    PlasticHolly
  • SarasChaosSarasChaos
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

MegaScience

Sure, we all understand there may be difficulties upon upgrading the system. Which makes us more mad/annoyed is the way GMS communicates with players. Moreover, it's just been happening too much for it to be considered as a pass-by situation.
    SarasChaos

MegaScience

I don't really know why people end up assuming everyone complaining to be a new player. I've played Maplestory long enough to notice that this is a big problem. You are the one being ignorant supporting Nexon for its fault.

your the one criticizing them for doing their job trying to bring you new content. whos the one being ignorant? if you aren't used to them taking long periods of time for a version update then its on you. most veteran players don't even mind it.
    ErraticEclipse
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited November 2016
    Keep doing the good work :) <3
  • SinicideSinicide
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    SarasChaos

MegaScience

I agree. Everyone wonders why MMO's are dying so fast these days, a few examples: Blade & Soul, Echo of Soul, Riders of Icarus etc etc. They don't really take the time to think about why they last over a decade as Maplestory has. It's because Nexon fixes what's broken, WHEN its broken. They don't leave broken content available to the public while keeping on pushing out new content after new content before fixing the broken content (which is what most new MMO's do). I hope that Nexon REALLY does take their time addressing the issues they've encountered. And tbh, if you know that Nexon is going to take more time than they originally gave you and you know that its just going to be extended anyways, why are you here whining. Do you honestly have nothing better to do? There are other games out there, or I'm sure you have homework, sleep, or show/movies to catch up on. Be patient, you'll get good results. Go take a jog or something, jesus.
    SarasChaos
  • RonyeeRonyee
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2016
    well its 10.41 pm.... dont know if i should wait a bit longer or just head to bed....
  • XambrynXambryn
    Reactions: 795
    edited November 2016
    Technology, am I right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sinicide
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited November 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

sounds like a whole lot of uncessacary sass

you voluntarily missing school and wasting yours or the governments money to play a video game isn't anyones problem but your own, and using it as a 'ugh, maplestory sucks' bullet is really pathetic. own your choices, my dude
    it's not the game dev's problem that you skipped school
    Sinicide