[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

I haven't touched this game since..pirate first came out.. dang I feel old now..
    It's a bit fuzzy, but the first time I played, Zakum was the toughest boss in the game lol
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I think reboot is a good server for returning players, especially since it isn't Pay-to-Win like the others have become.
    they've always been like that
  • raveboltravebolt
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    No New Info No servers Up . in 1H and 35 min we have wait like 12H after 14min play time :) . how long will it take?
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    The game is pay to win? Hmm that is disappointing that is off putting and makes me wonder if I should even bother with the game. I don't mind putting in some money but if the best gear is all pay to get that is a bit of a let down.
  • ErraticEclipseErraticEclipse
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

The game is pay to win? Hmm that is disappointing that is off putting and makes me wonder if I should even bother with the game. I don't mind putting in some money but if the best gear is all pay to get that is a bit of a let down.
    If you want all the fun & magic of Maplestory, but don't wanna pay an arm and a leg, then come to Reboot \o/

• XeiruXeiru
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    I think you could play without paying. Just be more difficult. I havent maxed any charafter yet. I just recently got back into the game. Would like to have some people to play with. Probably going to go kaiser or xenon as my main. With luminous, demon slayer and zero as secondaries. Fant wait for server to be up. Hopefully in the morning.
  • AaryaAarya
    Reactions: 690
    edited December 2016
    ravebolt
    ravebolt said:

No New Info No servers Up . in 1H and 35 min we have wait like 12H after 14min play time :) . how long will it take?
    Go to page 27 in this thread. OneLetter gave us some information "We’re currently aiming to re-open around 3AM PST on December 1st,"

Yay looking forward xD

edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

If you're a dedicated player, P2W won't be a huge issue. I'm hoping the newer updates will make it even more tolerable. You can still get good equipment, but sadly only people who P2W will have truly OP stuff
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

Adachix
    Adachix said:

I need some time to figure out where this baby came from...how long has it been??!!
    About tree-fiddy.

Also, to anyone else who needs to find a new home (because they're coming back after a long time), I'd just like to suggest Reboot, as crowded as it is. We have (non-p2w) cookies.

Come to Reboot, trust us, the Non-P2W Cookies are so delicious~
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

For me the game is all about how much fun i have, never spended 1 real € in it. :D

• DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    I don't need the best of the best gear anyway I just want something that is the closest to max I can without having to pour a bookoo of cash into the cash shop. I think most people can understand that, I am a WoW veteran so I have no problem with the grind.
    Coraline
  • UppersoulzUppersoulz
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    What about the European immigration nexon??? We need answers Jesus terrible company
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

I don't need the best of the best gear anyway I just want something that is the closest to max I can without having to pour a bookoo of cash into the cash shop. I think most people can understand that, I am a WoW veteran so I have no problem with the grind.
    Oh yeah, I've never had to spend money in the Cash Shop. You can get most of the equipment you need from monsters anyways, or just sell a bunch of stuff to buy better equipment
  • MDenhamMDenham
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

It's not strictly pay-to-win, but you're going to be dealing with a LOT of cursing at RNGesus if you don't want to spend money to speed up the process 100+x.

Seriously, come to Reboot. (The two characters I currently have there are Asmaire - 77 Bishop - and Cyobar - 120 Mihile. Not quite sure what I'm going to try rolling for #3 at this point; leaning vaguely toward a Kanna, though.)

• MDenhamMDenham
    edited December 2016
    This post's contents were deleted due to maintenance.

:-)
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

Seriously, come to Reboot. (The two characters I currently have there are Asmaire - 77 Bishop - and Cyobar - 120 Mihile. Not quite sure what I'm going to try rolling for #3 at this point; leaning vaguely toward a Kanna, though.)
    I've tried out almost every class up to Lv 30 at least. I've never been good at deciding things like characters, so I just try out everything until something sticks

• DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    RNGesus is my friend a lot.. I have a natural luck to me. Specially in mmos, I have 5 of the rarest mounts in WoW before I quit if I sold my account it would easily be worth 6-8 grand over 500 mounts 10 lvl 100 fully raid tier geared classes complete with pvp sets. Yeah RNGesus is my friend and when I roll dice I hit high numbers so I don't see the grind as a challenge just a bit of fun.
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Come to Reboot, you're only limited by how much meso you're willing to farm. Meso = Power. NX is only really for cosmetics or pets, even then, you can get the blackheart pet for free in-game. As for gear, it's good to find a guild and then have them help you out, Guilds are Reboot's life blood! I reccomend my guild, Smile!
    ringayeen
  • LevelchaserLevelchaser
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    ErraticEclipse

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

If you want all the fun & magic of Maplestory, but don't wanna pay an arm and a leg, then come to Reboot \o/

/>

You still gotta buy a pet. I have 2 perma pets on bellocan even has all the perma equips including hp/mp, skill, feeding itself and boots for range that I got from beefy's kitchen event. The day I get a perma pet is the day i pick reboot back up when will they be giving perma pets in reboot?

• MDenhamMDenham
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

MDenham
    MDenham said:

I've tried out almost every class up to Lv 30 at least. I've never been good at deciding things like characters, so I just try out everything until something sticks

I've always been a fan of picking healing classes and then just going out and generally being a badass despite the limitations a particular game puts on healers.

I think between the nine characters I have on three different servers, at least five of them are on the Bishop path at one point or another. EDIT: Yep, five on the Bishop path, one Blaze Wizard, one Dawn Warrior, one Pirate, and one Mihile.