[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    SPOKE TOO SOON
    SEE
    Y'ALL JINXED IT
    MadeYaLookSohaiTheSalty
  • NarguzNarguz
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    From reading most of the comments here you can come to a conclusion that people don't have any idea how projects and implementing them work.
    Riku593
  • ZapsterZapster
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    great

• ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    Thank you for your time @oneletter we appreciated the update :)
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

i hope you're all taking small breaks, feeding yourselves, and taking time to chill and relax every so often ;;;;
    don't run yourselves ragged!!
    Stoovs
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    Wow.. really.. I am going to bed now. I cant keep staying up this.
  • xSprit3xxSprit3x
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    this is so hilarious :D and gues what all had been avoided just a simple P-Server Test. But no why would us, its better to just run the whole client down and keep it that way :x
    Star694
  • MDenhamMDenham
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

i hope you're all taking small breaks, feeding yourselves, and taking time to chill and relax every so often ;;;;
    don't run yourselves ragged!!
    Also, remember that drinking four 5-Hour Energy Drinks at once does not give you 20 hours of energy.
  • CarthagerCarthager
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    @OneLetter and the other GM's

First of all, thanks for the heads up on the situation. Take it easy Dev's, better a good fix than a rushed fixed.

But then a little point of critisism...

You see, for me personally I see a bigger problem with the Issue 1 Compensation. Those people will lose 1 day of Maple time (And yeah, seen the situation I'm probably one of them, but we will see after the maintenance solves). So: They will lose 1 day of the Hi-Five Box Event. And with that, they'll lose 30 Node shards (or 6 Nodes) and 30 V-Coins, only for having 1 day less then all the other Maplers. So wouldn't it only be fair to compensate for that fact, as it will probably mostly concern High-level maplers with this top-end equipment, who would want all the Nodes to convert into 5th job skills?

In the same way: Because the server was taken down 50 minutes before de daily reset, plenty of Maplers didn't have the chance to complete the Hi-Five Box event the first day. The 30 coins is already a fitting compensation, but these people, again, missed the possible 30 Node shards (or 6 Nodes), which can be a pretty big setback for some of them.

Greetings, thanks for your time and keep up the good work!
    Carthager
    Luna server
    Shusuiringayeen
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Awesome.
    Naptime for me.
  • KarpuskiKarpuski
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    OMFG NEXU
    ringayeen
  • ShadyNeroShadyNero
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

people behind the scenes to be able to do this for us to play not only that the nexon team are fixing many bugs which showed up after maintance finished. Smh some people don't appreciate how hard these teams work. They might not of had any sleep yet :( people should be praising not bad mouthing them.
    Come on guys, its a game. i may get bad comments about this, but guys, think of it as this way, appreciate that they are trying to fix the bugs NOW rather then taking the server down unexpectedly....yes its been hours and hours and hours, but instead of bad mouthing nexon, appreciate instead, for what THEY are doing. They may of not had sleep, or proper food etc, but least they're trying? maybe shift work to figure everything out. come on guys, its a game, appreciate what they are doing for us. I mean how would you like it if, you had to sit at a computer to fix bugs, fix things for people who are BAD MOUTHING wanting to go on the game? How would you feel? Hurt? upset? want to give up?

P.S: throw stuff at me, idc, but i say, is fair.
    P.S.S: think of all the leveling you could be doing ONCE the game is up, think of it that way, enjoy the game once its up!
    That's a very positive way to look at it. But I'd like to point out a few things. The first is that with this being a game that is available 24 hours a day, it is likely that they have staff available 24 hours a day, perhaps even working remotely from different time zones. Rather than the daytime staff losing sleep over this, it's more likely that it just falls on the people who would already have been working anyway.

I'm sure that they are working hard to fix the bugs, and players do appreciate that. But it is important to keep in mind that this is their job, for which they get paid (presumably very well), so there's no need to feel sorry for them. Obviously, the game wasn't ready yet when it came back on, and they are now fulfilling their responsibilities by attempting to correct the mistakes. They get paid for doing this by Nexon, and Nexon gets paid by us, so it is in everyone's best interest to for them to get the issues resolved quickly; they aren't doing it simply out of the kindness of their hearts. As far as their personal feelings about the comments in the discussion forum, hopefully, it doesn't bother them too much, but it's also probably safe to assume that they are busy working to get the game up right now rather than browsing the comments.

With that said, accidents do happen. My only complaint is that problems seem to occur in MapleStory at a higher than reasonable rate, and often go unaddressed for long periods of time. But it's certainly not the end of the world that the game is not up yet, and in this case, it does at least seem as though Nexon has prepared adequate compensation for players to make up for the down time.

MadeYaLookWolfcat501
  • KarpuskiKarpuski
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Ok, i wait....
  • ZapsterZapster
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2016
  • QuarentineQuarentine
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    How to kill the next 2 hours.... hm...
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Carthager
    Carthager said:

@OneLetter and the other GM's

First of all, thanks for the heads up on the situation. Take it easy Dev's, better a good fix than a rushed fixed.

But then a little point of critisism...

You see, for me personally I see a bigger problem with the Issue 1 Compensation. Those people will lose 1 day of Maple time (And yeah, seen the situation I'm probably one of them, but we will see after the maintenance solves). So: They will lose 1 day of the Hi-Five Box Event. And with that, they'll lose 30 Node shards (or 6 Nodes) and 30 V-Coins, only for having 1 day less then all the other Maplers. So wouldn't it only be fair to compensate for that fact, as it will probably mostly concern High-level maplers with this top-end equipment, who would want all the Nodes to convert into 5th job skills?

In the same way: Because the server was taken down 50 minutes before de daily reset, plenty of Maplers didn't have the chance to complete the Hi-Five Box event the first day. The 30 coins is already a fitting compensation, but these people, again, missed the possible 30 Node shards (or 6 Nodes), which can be a pretty big setback for some of them.

Greetings, thanks for your time and keep up the good work!
    Carthager
    Luna server
    pretty sure they are extending the event by 4 days i read it somewhere.
  • TimDuLogicTimDuLogic
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2020
  • evnsevns
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    so whats going to happen to the 2x exp that was supposed to start in 1 hour?
  • RasenganjediRasenganjedi
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Guess i'll wait another 2 hours, oh well as long as the game works.
    ringayeen
  • MafiosoMafioso
    Reactions: 645
    edited December 2016
    I'd rather have this take forever than be rushed and have the game messed up again. but it would be nice to know how to activate my equilibrium.
    MadeYaLookRedAcesringayeen