[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• WurfenkingWurfenking
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    uzumakiali

Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

uzumakiali

all i can say is i am dead inside now i only hoped for DA 5th job my whole week and now here we go :) doomed to wait for eternity
    You do know this update is not about the 5th job, right?
    i guess but why should i make another char to get the rewards for reaching lvl 200? while i have already a lvl 200+ char?

Lol, as they say, you have to "earn" that reward bby.
    Coraline
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2016
    uzumakiali

Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

uzumakiali

all i can say is i am dead inside now i only hoped for DA 5th job my whole week and now here we go :) doomed to wait for eternity
    You do know this update is not about the 5th job, right?
    i guess but why should i make another char to get the rewards for reaching lvl 200? while i have already a lvl 200+ char?

you should do it for the total of 17k maple points reward. and more..

• bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Angeló
    Angeló said:

Carl
    Carl said:

Sixis010
    Sixis010 said:

Angeló
    Angeló said:

Everyone saying "Nexon is doing bad business" and "omg Nexon so bad company". Try to remember this. Nexon is providing you with FREE, CONTENT. I repeat.

FREE, CONTENT.

The game itself is not a business, i'ts mainly about how much time do you spend on the game that determines your progress.

And if you want to direct yourselves to "BUT THE CASSHOP BLUBLUBLUH I PAID BIHG MONIS FOR TIS GAEM"

It's entirely optional, none of it hinders your gameplay but it mainly consists of "i want to spend less time doing the things i can do for free so i will pay for it". You wanted to pay for something witihin their free product and so you did, nobody forced you.

My point being stop crying like goddamn children and appreciate that EVEN THOUGH the product is ENTIRELY FREE, Nexon is working nonstop in trying to fix the issue and decides constantly that instead of giving you a faulty product they rather take the hit from all the little kiddies crying over extended maintenance than actually letting their FREE PRODUCT be faulty.

If it wasn't free no one would play it. If no one would play it the game would shut down.

When its free it generates revenue through in game purchases, if it didn't generate revenue the game would shut down.

People have a right to criticize and be upset about something.

The game itself is not a business? https://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

People here are complaining about the maintenance.

What are you doing? Defending nexon? What you have some personal feelings for them or something? lol
    Well, good source I would say. Then look at all other top 10 companies, which one doesnt have PTR, which one has such long maintenance time, Which one has so many complains. Nexon, good job on those record LUL

My point is that you all behave like spoiled manchildren, i'm well aware of how the business model works, doesnt change the fact that its's free.

I'm not defending Nexon since i myself also want to play but i wont cry over them fixing the game since i don't feel entitled to the game.

They give you the product and the content and none of us are doing anything concerning coding or actually producing content so juat stop crying jesus christ.
    I don't think a free to play model is license to abuse customers. I pay more from IAPs than from subscription, so I'm entitle to my opinion. Besides, the delay doesn't bother me. It's the treatment of telling us just before we expect the game to go live. It's not cool.
  • NickSephirothNickSephiroth
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    i play a lot of mmo rpgs a test realm for players could be helpful (and profitable) but i'm excited for the update but i'd much rather wait and have an almost bugless update (perfectly bugless is impossible) then have a broken and buggy update.
  • bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    I don't think a free to play model is license to abuse customers. I pay more from IAPs than from subscription, so I'm entitle to my opinion. Besides, the delay doesn't bother me. It's the treatment of telling us just before we expect the game to go live that its delayed longer. It's not cool. Give more notice.

• ShastinaShastina
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    sustained
    sustained said:

ToxicBunny

Aluram
    Aluram said:

Will the length of the events be extended?

and we better be compensated hella for this is bullshit.

Because of people like you I dont think they should compensate us.... its a free game and you all need to stop thinking the world owes you stuff because you couldnt sit on your butt and play today....

also they said they will be giving a 2x on Thursday and Friday, 30 V Coins and i think a few other things. I couldnt find the post I read it on. they've been keeping us updated on the facebook page
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.
    Come with me on Reboot.

I just reinstalled the game after quitting a long time ago.

I also like how we are both WoW players c:
  • MouseSocksMouseSocks
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.
    Come with me on Reboot.

I just reinstalled the game after quitting a long time ago.

I also like how we are both WoW players c:
    If you're coming from WoW then you should understand that big patch updates can kill servers, but Nexon don't have the manpower than Blizzard have.
  • HyakoHyako
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Shastina
    Shastina said:

sustained
    sustained said:

ToxicBunny

Aluram
    Aluram said:

Will the length of the events be extended?

and we better be compensated hella for this is bullshit.

Because of people like you I dont think they should compensate us.... its a free game and you all need to stop thinking the world owes you stuff because you couldnt sit on your butt and play today....

also they said they will be giving a 2x on Thursday and Friday, 30 V Coins and i think a few other things. I couldnt find the post I read it on. they've been keeping us updated on the facebook page

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5496/unscheduled-maintenance-nov-30-2016/p27
    Shastina
  • CarlCarl
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Angeló
    Angeló said:

The game itself is not a business, i'ts mainly about how much time do you spend on the game that determines your progress.

Angeló
    Angeló said:

My point is that you all behave like spoiled manchildren, i'm well aware of how the business model works,
    Why you slap your own face kid?
  • WarpMeWarpMe
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.

=========================

Hello all,

Thank you all for being incredibly patient as our team has been working on this Unscheduled Maintenance for MapleStory. We fully understand how excited all of you are to play MapleStory, and we want to provide you all with an update that contains as much detailed information we can share at this point with regard to current progress, and some future timings.

We’re currently aiming to re-open around 3AM PST on December 1st, or about 3 hours from the time of this post. If this planned timing changes, we’ll provide an update with adjusted timing.

We also wanted to go into more detail regarding what issues caused this Unscheduled Maintenance, along with compensation details for each issue.

Issue 1: Item Stats

Issue: Items claimed from Frederick before the Unscheduled Maintenance that had enhancements such as Star Force, Potential, etc have had some of these enhancements removed. A couple hundred Maplers were affected by this issue.

Fix: As of the end of maintenance, this issue will be fixed, but the affected Maplers will be temporarily blocked from the game until tomorrow so that we can properly restore their items. The exact time for completion is not yet available for this.

Compensation: These affected Maplers will be given:
    - Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
    - Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
    - Two Red Cubes (7 day)
    - One 7-day Hired Merchant (Mushroom House Elf)

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Issue 3: Character Creation Issues

Issue: Some Maplers were unable to create new characters after today’s patch.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: None for this particular issue.

Issue 4: Play V Reward Event Timer

Issue: The Play V Rewards Event Timer was not functioning correctly, thus not allowing Maplers to advance beyond the first 30 min. reward.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Based on the issues above, we felt it was necessary to take the game down and correct those issues, and as mentioned, we do plan to provide compensation to all Maplers.

Compensation for All Maplers:

- The Play V Event will be extended by 4 days with the December 15th Maintenance.
    - All Maplers will receive 30 V Coins
    - Cash Shop items will receive a 48-hour extension.
    - In addition to the planned weekend 2x EXP and Drop event, we’re going to start it early across Thursday and Friday. The times will be:

Thursday, December 1, 2016
    - PST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 2)
    - AEDT: 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 2) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 2)

Friday, December 2, 2016
    - PST: 12:00 AM – 3:00 AM & 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 3)
    - AEDT: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 3) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 3)

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding while we correct these issues. We look forward to seeing you all on the servers again shortly.
    for those coming to the thread this morning, this is the statement (which may be revised) that they gave us on compensation
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited December 2016
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19380/update-important-message-unscheduled-downtime-11-30 guys u sould chek this out ... and be thankfull that nexon will fix it instead of leav you without items .... and thats only 1 of the issue that they cud not test on and think of did come after so yea ...........

JUST WAIT AND DONT FIGHT EACHOTHER !
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    see u guys at 7am
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited December 2016
    Lool If the servers are even up by that time for 2x XD
  • WarpMeWarpMe
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Jayangles
    Jayangles said:

see u guys at 7am
    Where did u get the info that it opens 7am

• JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    WarpMe
    WarpMe said:

Jayangles
    Jayangles said:

see u guys at 7am
    Where did u get the info that it opens 7am

Lord above.
    Zapster
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited December 2016
    And thus did all Maplers knew that the Nexon Black Mage was the cause of this...

Welp