[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[NOTICE] Compensation for Unscheduled Maintenance

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited December 2016 in Vault
Hello all,

Please read the following notes regarding compensation. Also on our website at http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19380/complete-important-message-unscheduled-downtime-11-30

Thank you all for being incredibly patient as our team has been working on this Unscheduled Maintenance for MapleStory. We fully understand how excited all of you are to play MapleStory, and we want to provide you all with an update that contains as much detailed information we can share at this point with regard to current progress, and some future timings.

We wanted to go into more detail regarding what issues caused this Unscheduled Maintenance, along with compensation details for each issue.

Issue 1: Item Stats

Issue: Items claimed from Frederick before the Unscheduled Maintenance that had enhancements such as Star Force, Potential, etc have had some of these enhancements removed. A couple hundred Maplers were affected by this issue.

Fix: As of the end of maintenance, this issue will be fixed, but the affected Maplers will be temporarily blocked from the game until tomorrow so that we can properly restore their items. The exact time for completion is not yet available for this.

Compensation: These affected Maplers will be given:
- Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
- Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
- Two Red Cubes (7 day)
- One 7-day Hired Merchant (Mushroom House Elf)

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Issue 3: Character Creation Issues

Issue: Some Maplers were unable to create new characters after today’s patch.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: None for this particular issue.

Issue 4: Play V Reward Event Timer

Issue: The Play V Rewards Event Timer was not functioning correctly, thus not allowing Maplers to advance beyond the first 30 min. reward.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Based on the issues above, we felt it was necessary to take the game down and correct those issues, and as mentioned, we do plan to provide compensation to all Maplers.

Compensation for All Maplers:

- The Play V Event will be extended by 4 days with the December 15th Maintenance.
- All Maplers will receive 30 V Coins
- Cash Shop items will receive a 48-hour extension.
- Any Maple Reward points that expired on November 30th has been extended to December 31st.
- In addition to the planned weekend 2x EXP and Drop event, we’re going to start it early across Thursday and Friday. The times will be:

Thursday, December 1, 2016
- PST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- EST: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- CET: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 2)
- AEDT: 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 2) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 2)

Friday, December 2, 2016
- PST: 12:00 AM – 3:00 AM & 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- EST: 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- CET: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 3)
- AEDT: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 3) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 3)

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding while we corrected these issues.
LailocaNeospectorAggraphineZelaDreamWeaver

Comments

• PorkFilletsPorkFillets
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    Great stuff! too bad the migration issues are still a thing!
    KoffieNativeftw
  • DisfridDisfrid
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    completed? sure... i still can't access the game, closes everytime after selecting the region, just like yesterday all day
  • DisfridDisfrid
    edited December 2016
    gj for the effort, tho
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    What about our tier spender event rewards?
  • xThaZeroxThaZero
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2016
    My account on luna is affected by issue 1, and i would like to know, when on tomorrow you are planning on unblocking my characters?

- xThaZero
    Koffieragnarok25SoleWay
  • BrokenMSBrokenMS
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    I took my shop down before all the server check but i'm still banned for 1 day LOL
  • KingZarthKingZarth
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Can't update game on launcher.... it's ok I didn't wanna play during 2x anyways
  • Lazy0Lazy0
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    So how do you even know if you are affected by the first issue or not cause it doesn't tell me anything just crashes my game when I pick a world to enter.
  • RushROckyRushROcky
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    The even hall isnt working PLEASE FIX THIS
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    What about this massive lag everyone is having cant even train properly..
  • AzNTryHardAzNTryHard
    edited December 2016
    Hello I am having trouble connecting back on to Maplestory after the maintenance. I'm able to connect into the US Servers, but when I try to enter a channel like Scania, it disconnects me. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  • AzNTryHardAzNTryHard
    edited December 2016
    Lazy0
    Lazy0 said:

So how do you even know if you are affected by the first issue or not cause it doesn't tell me anything just crashes my game when I pick a world to enter.
    I'm having the same problem too. It's showing people are on the world and it says cross world is down...
  • NoUTurnNoUTurn
    edited December 2016
    Game crashes right when i click on North America. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Marga95Marga95
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    when will unblock my account?
  • That1Dc2That1Dc2
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

What about our tier spender event rewards?
    I did not get mine either. is it in another maintainence or it it a bug?

• dragonluxdragonlux
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I was one of the affected players for item potentials, enhancements, and anvils being wiped, but my account isn't blocked and I can still log on. Am I eventually going to be blocked so my items can be fixed, or was I somehow passed over?
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    Reactions: 255
    edited December 2016
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I've been staring at this forum for almost three days at this point waiting to play this game, asking for help when 90% of people have been able to log on and still my game crashes after selecting North America. I am extremely frustrated and just came back to this game after almost 4 years of not playing, and I'm seriously considering cancelling the notion of even playing this game anymore. It shouldn't be this hard to install and play a side-scrolling game. You've got to be kidding me.
  • StockMarketStockMarket
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    All of my items still don't have potential and I am not blocked. Will I still get my item potentials back? Because I spent over thousands of dollars on them please fix this!
    JSyraX
  • TrucidoTrucido
    edited December 2016
    Can you please make a quick fix so that Kanna characters can play? I know that your team is very busy about this whole update - but fixing one skill would make the Kanna players able to play again. :/
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

What about this massive lag everyone is having cant even train properly..
    The problem is not everyone is lagging. More than likely its just your internet connection, because I am experiencing almost zero lag