[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited December 2016 in Vault
Thank you all for your unwavering support for MapleStory and our V: Limitless update! Our servers are currently unable to bear the load of everyone logging in to the game, which is causing lag and disconnection issues. But we are going to beef up our servers to stabilize your playing environment and will be performing an unscheduled minor patch on Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM PST (8:00 PM EST / 2:00 AM CET / 12:00 PM AEDT). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours, concluding around 9:00 PM PST (12:00 AM EST / 6:00 AM CET / 4:00 PM AEDT). We hope that this maintenance will resolve the connection issues so that everyone can enjoy the new update!

Thank you for bearing with us for the past couple days. We appreciate your support and your patience!

Time:

Thursday, December 1, 2016
- PST: 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- EST: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM (Dec. 2)
- CET: 2:00 AM - 6:00 AM (Dec. 2)
- AEDT: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Dec. 2)

What will be unavailable:

All MapleStory game servers.

Changes and Updates:

- MapleStory will be updated to v.178.3.0.
- Backend fixes will be applied to address the recent instability issues.
Utinsel

Comments

• SimbaXSimbaX
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Please fix Tot's dcing when you go to close the equip gift box tab :(
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    kannas are essentially unplayable atm, be nice to have this addressed as well. evan and jett link skill also dont exist now
    MiesiehLotusBlackRuriArisuSpiceLatteRrikoo
  • WildHeartlessWildHeartless
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    sigh.... just got home from work to find out the game is gonna be back down in 5 minutes.... sigh

I guess do what you all have to... I am understanding that people are having quite a few issues as well as lag... so if it ends up being a smoother experience to enjoy this milestone in Maplestory history, than I support you all!!!

BTW, just a suggestion, feel free to get everything fixed early, so we can enjoy the game... no Pressure though!!! =)
    Acidmath
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Does the term "Limitless" perhaps refer to the maintenance portion of the update? Just kidding :)

It's a good, yet large, update so I understand that there are bound to be unforeseen issues. I mean it's not like you're dragging the maintenance on for several hours beyond the approximate ETA given just to fu** with us. You're obviously trying your best and the job will be done once it's done and we can do nothing more than wait. I understand that but some people just can't comprehend that simple fact.

So to everyone who's thinking of "crying" in here, don't.
    VolumezIzanagiGMSDillonKassybladenameBingJingLinKingStarfireIts2Sharp4UringayeenKingOfZorband 10 others.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    What will happen to 2x exp coupon i still had left? andthe 2x exp event upcomming
    DeathsLie
  • AdorableAdorable
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    What will happen to the 2x event scheduled to end right as this maintenance is about to?
    duncaeeeDuskusDeathsLiePicapolloSpeaker
  • GMSDillonGMSDillon
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2016
    What about fixing the Big Spenders rewards too cause Im pretty sure none of us got ours....
    That1Dc2
    edited December 2016
    btw, i wouldnt call my support unwavering, it's wavering pretty intensely at this point
    DuskusGamesdayDeathsLieemperor52Its2Sharp4USammy_KunforumsareannoyingCalwynSaifs
  • KJSteeleKJSteele
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2016
    Oh well, going to sleep then. I hope that there's no late night maintenances.
  • psiyonpsiyon
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    Shouldn't this have been already addressed with yesterday's launch? Because it makes no sense that it wasn't addressed to start with. Isn't there a risk management team to assess these unforeseeable issues? I guess not.

Hopefully there's no more of this unscheduled maintenance.
    PlasticHollyDarkOath
  • Hyper_XHyper_X
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Well, this sound bad. But we have to have extra time for those event. I missed 1 day for event. It started on Nov 30. Now we lost another x2 exp and drop event. I wanna hear the feedback from you NX. DO WE HAVE EXTRA TIME FOR EVENT AND ANOTHER DAY FOR X2 EXP AND DROP ?
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    I appreciate you waiting until after reset anyway. Managed to get some stuff done.
  • NaberiusNaberius
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Will the Kaiser skill bug also be fixed?
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2016
    I d/c everytime I try to go to Auction House, please fix it.
    DarkOath
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    i was able to get a few things done and gain a couple of lvls, so im pretty happy for the night
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited December 2016
    Not sure if its just me, but I can't change equips or use any items when travelling on a boat. Skills works just as fine though
    edited December 2016
    psiyon
    psiyon said:

Shouldn't this have been already addressed with yesterday's launch? Because it makes no sense that it wasn't addressed to start with. Isn't there a risk management team to assess these unforeseeable issues? I guess not.

Hopefully there's no more of this unscheduled maintenance.
    i would to like to believe this to be true, but most likely it will continue throughout the entire V update and all its patches, if past history is any indication
  • ImKennyImKenny
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    What about the 2x event that was supposed to happen tonight :(
    DeathsLie
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Hey @OneLetter , have you slept at all?

Thank you for keeping us informed all through last night and today. I appreciate it.
    Its2Sharp4UDreamWeaverDarkOathSkyTheDestroyerJinxProof
    edited December 2016
    ImKenny
    ImKenny said:

What about the 2x event that was supposed to happen tonight :(
    "we will be adding more 2x compensation for the missed 2x compensation, pray to whatever entity you believe in we aren't in a maintenance when it happens"