[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• ZembionZembion
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    As a brand new player to this game who got drawn in by this update I have to say and I'm sure I speak for most of us new players that out of the 4 days I've tried to play this game I've barely gotten to play at all and this turns me off to the point of not coming back. I also will not be playing any Nexon games in the near future, I was going to probably spend money on Maplestory but I realized that waiting for maintanence is the way average gameplay works for this game. I'm pretty shocked at how badly something like this was handled.
    MechJesuslizzybeth
  • Tryptik101Tryptik101
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Am I the only one hoping that they at least extend the events because of this?
  • RickensRickens
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2016
    Anyone watched the live stream?
  • XxShEnLoNgxXXxShEnLoNgxX
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    I shall patiently watch animes meanwhile. "cheers" ! =D
    DSpellGuyDarkOath
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

Nexon America needs staff changes pronto. There are people at Nexon that either can't do their job properly or have little to no knowledge of what they're doing. I'm not saying I'm any better, and they're probably a whole heck of a lot better than I will ever be at something like that but at least hire some professionals who know what they're doing. Especially with a big name like "Nexon", you shouldn't be screwing up this often with every patch/maintenance. Take a look at Nexon Korea... Rarely, if not ever, do they ever have extended maintenance that goes on for this long. Nexon's quality of service is what killed the player base and we need a change to make Nexon a big name for gaming like it is in Korea instead of the laughing stock it is now. Should be ashamed of yourself staff at Nexon of America for letting this go on for so long.
    They are experts at their job. It isn't the staff's fault. Code breaks from time to time are regular for programmers and it's ghastly having to go through the code again and find specifically what things are broken. And the player base is not being killed by Nexon, it is killing itself for constantly blaming them for problems
    except this time, it was a hardware issue, because they didn't have the capacity to handle the extra player load, this is foresight at its finest. Hype an event for months then not expect anyone to come?
    ringayeen
  • MechJesusMechJesus
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    we should really send nexon and wizet a petition cause we need change they are almost laughing in ours faces with all the money or time people and i drop in this game !!

Like and quote if we agree plz !!

lets show nexon and wizet that it is enough !!
  • David_lam35David_lam35
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Lmao nexon just sucks at maintenance and updates now. Always messing up, causing the game to be down for even a longer time. Servers overloading? What happened to when maplestory was the most popular game, servers wouldnt overload unless it was 2x EXP event and such, now over half the players are gone and no 2x EXP event, the servers overloading? Come on nexon, step up your game.
    MechJesus
  • CuteToxicPotatoCuteToxicPotato
    edited December 2016
    why they always have a Maintenance like this ?
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    Us bashing them about how incompetent they are truly has little to no effect because they are busy trying to fix this game then read our post. Butttttttt Upper management/share holders on the other hand, their faces are probably red and breathing down their necks or already have their backs against the wall by now so I'm sure they are under pressure right now.
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    People, Nexon is a business. Do you really think they want to lose players (and the money they could be making from them) by doing maintenance all the time? A company would not hire anyone incompetent and expect to make money off of it. With programming, things break and then they need to be fixed. If you've looked at coding, you would see that there can be thousands of lines of code on a document, with multiple documents being used all at once. It can be difficult for any programmer, no matter how successful, to find problems in code and fix it. Complaining will not make the problem go away, and trying to rush maintenance will only create more problems than solutions
    JinxProof
  • shogun808shogun808
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Nexon get your together, you probably didn't even finish the patch yesterday so now you're doing it
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    David_lam35

Lmao nexon just sucks at maintenance and updates now. Always messing up, causing the game to be down for even a longer time. Servers overloading? What happened to when maplestory was the most popular game, servers wouldnt overload unless it was 2x EXP event and such, now over half the players are gone and no 2x EXP event, the servers overloading? Come on nexon, step up your game.
    Because back then, the client didn't take up so much space. However, 11 years later, the client size is currently at 14.4 GB. Imagine how much content is currently in game now, so obviously, it is going to take a longer time than it did back then.

By the way, they're performing maintenance because the servers overloaded due the amount of players thatw ere trying to log in as soon as the servers went live again this afternoon.

To everyone else:
    There is no use in complaining anymore. It will just frustrate you even more.
    PorterJinxProof
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited December 2016
    Definition of Nexon: Hype Killer
    Tryptik101Izanagi
  • MechJesusMechJesus
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

Nexon America needs staff changes pronto. There are people at Nexon that either can't do their job properly or have little to no knowledge of what they're doing. I'm not saying I'm any better, and they're probably a whole heck of a lot better than I will ever be at something like that but at least hire some professionals who know what they're doing. Especially with a big name like "Nexon", you shouldn't be screwing up this often with every patch/maintenance. Take a look at Nexon Korea... Rarely, if not ever, do they ever have extended maintenance that goes on for this long. Nexon's quality of service is what killed the player base and we need a change to make Nexon a big name for gaming like it is in Korea instead of the laughing stock it is now. Should be ashamed of yourself staff at Nexon of America for letting this go on for so long.
    They are experts at their job. It isn't the staff's fault. Code breaks from time to time are regular for programmers and it's ghastly having to go through the code again and find specifically what things are broken. And the player base is not being killed by Nexon, it is killing itself for constantly blaming them for problems
    except this time, it was a hardware issue, because they didn't have the capacity to handle the extra player load, this is foresight at its finest. Hype an event for months then not expect anyone to come?
    man bull crap !! i 1000% agree with Stellar i totallu understand that code can break etc but a true team of professional will handle it quick and it wont happen THAT OFTEN !! they will take the time to test the updates each time like it should be to reduce any probleme etc
  • ShokugekiiShokugekii
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Some class skills still arnt working causing crashes. i hope thats why.
  • XxShEnLoNgxXXxShEnLoNgxX
    edited December 2016
    David_lam35

Well, as an old player ever since the beta, I gotta say that there's much much more contents which I am actually enjoying them now ever since I came back a month ago. For the same reason it'll also make it harder to find codes that were broken. I also really really want to play right now but I'm not complaining because they are just trying to fix stuff which will make my gameplay more enjoyable. "cheers"
  • RineyRiney
    Reactions: 545
    edited December 2016
    I just want the game to work. Reboot with 30 second delay is no fun. Thanks for keeping us in the loop at least.
    Tryptik101
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

People, Nexon is a business. Do you really think they want to lose players (and the money they could be making from them) by doing maintenance all the time? A company would not hire anyone incompetent and expect to make money off of it. With programming, things break and then they need to be fixed. If you've looked at coding, you would see that there can be thousands of lines of code on a document, with multiple documents being used all at once. It can be difficult for any programmer, no matter how successful, to find problems in code and fix it. Complaining will not make the problem go away, and trying to rush maintenance will only create more problems than solutions
    I understand where you're coming from and it makes complete sense, I too am a programmer, but I believe this is a simple logic error from Nexon which is not increasing their server capacity while, at the same time, launching such a long awaited update. On the other hand, I also know that people flaming and moaning about it all day won't increase the maintenance speed so I will not join those people and play something else for a while.

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

i doubt its as much a matter of incompetence as it is under staffing (however that last maple stream begs to differ considering how little those two knew about the game and were the best two the had to show case the update for us)
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

Can you really call them experts? I'd suggest you call them amateurs. Players always saying "coding is hard," and "It's hard to see what's wrong." Honestly, I've mentioned countless times that it's their job to do so. This kind of extension has been occurred countless amount of times and it brought us to the point that we become impatient. There are way better coders out there in the world who can actually be considered as experts. You say game is dying because we blame them for problems, but it's in their end for failing to serve players. So yes, Nexon is the reason that players leave Maplestory. We blame them for problems since it relates to them being irresponsible for being unable to solve such tasks. There are solutions out there, but they don't care enough to look into it.
    Stellar