[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• ProhibitiveProhibitive
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

So what levels did you guys get your burning characters to? I got to 106 without the 2x event. Night Lord!
    115 i think.
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Can you really call them experts? I'd suggest you call them amateurs. Players always saying "coding is hard," and "It's hard to see what's wrong." Honestly, I've mentioned countless times that it's their job to do so. This kind of extension has been occurred countless amount of times and it brought us to the point that we become impatient. There are way better coders out there in the world who can actually be considered as experts. You say game is dying because we blame them for problems, but it's in their end for failing to serve players. So yes, Nexon is the reason that players leave Maplestory. We blame them for problems since it relates to them being irresponsible for being unable to solve such tasks. There are solutions out there, but they don't care enough to look into it.
    I've mentioned to multiple people also that even the best programmers have issues finding all the bugs in coding, and MapleStory is a huge game. The documents that contain the coding itself also need to tell the game when to put in different effects, backdrops, character models, etc. And anyone saying that they don't have any problem with coding is full of crap, because it really takes a lot of effort sometimes just to make a simple application run
    Even bigger games with bigger updates don't have extensions as often as GMS does. You should stop speaking in such way that programmers are same, they're not. Why do you think game such as OW and LoL don't have extended maintenance as often as GMS does? It's simple, they're better.
    Tryptik101
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2016
    I wonder what the new players who just started playing with the Limitless update are thinking lol
    Tryptik101
  • GMSDillonGMSDillon
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2016
    Just lost a player you are ridiculous as a company, Have put up with your guys bullshet for to long. You guys might as well close maple cause you dont know how to run the game properly. Monkeys running a company what a joke.
    lizzybeth
  • OnyxadeOnyxade
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Niiiiice. Any of you guys play in Scania? I know I saw Ren earlier. I'm trying to push for 200 by tomorrow/Saturday.
  • WzerWzer
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

So what levels did you guys get your burning characters to? I got to 106 without the 2x event. Night Lord!
    152. Glad I leveled up fast to train without map being crowded full of players.
  • FuzziesFuzzies
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    bets on maintenance tomorrow?
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    Yay tbh i think everyone would be happy if they gave everyone another day of 2x 10K NX and a miracle time thumbs up of u agree
    CuteToxicPotatoRiku593TreekilizzybethisomShokugekiiRithiaRockarchyringayeen
  • WetAndColdWetAndCold
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

except this time, it was a hardware issue, because they didn't have the capacity to handle the extra player load, this is foresight at its finest. Hype an event for months then not expect anyone to come?
    Once the last maintenance ended, everyone practically dropped everything and started trying to connect immediately following all the maintenance that was finished. Even websites will go down if too many people are trying to access them all at once. They have the hardware to support the players, just not everyone coming in all at once. This always happens for popular games

Which is why LoL has a queue system to prevent that. Innovative.
  • Tryptik101Tryptik101
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Volumez
    Volumez said:

I wonder what the new players who just started playing with the Limitless update are thinking lol
    It's sad that most of us are used to these extended maintenances since we've been playing for a long time. First impressions are everything Nexon.

• OnyxadeOnyxade
    edited December 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

Yay tbh i think everyone would be happy if they gave everyone another day of 2x 10K NX and a miracle time thumbs up of u agree
    I'm wondering if we will see a surprise nx transfer event. I'm sure it would please the masses. Eh? Eh? *Bumps Nexon's shoulder* :D
    lizzybethDarkOath
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

Niiiiice. Any of you guys play in Scania? I know I saw Ren earlier. I'm trying to push for 200 by tomorrow/Saturday.
    Hey i play on scania im pushing to 200 2 :)
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    I also think extremely highly skilled coders and etc won't work for companies like Nexon, they find better jobs that pay over 6 figures. For example in IT security, IBM and so on, something that you can tell your parents proudly I work for Herjavec Group instead of "Mom I work for Nexon/ Maplestory" If I told my co workers I play maplestory and if they look it up, and they would roll on the floor laughing. That's why There are 2 things I'll never tell my co workers, I play maplestory and I watch anime.
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Stellar
    Stellar said:

That's where you are wrong. It is the staffs fault. They've had plenty of time, if not weeks, to test the content before they were going to release it. They've had plenty of time to prepare proper servers for the mess of players that were going to come back for one of the biggest updates of MapleStory's career. I'll give you that code does break from time to time without reason and is definitely a mess when it comes to finding out the problem but remind you... they do this every single patch that comes out. Maybe one or two they've been good on but they shouldn't be screwing up every patch. Do you know why experts are called experts? They have significant knowledge of their field and know so much about it. There are time for mistakes and to learn from them but it seems like in this case they are not learning from their mistakes. Things are not being tested as thoroughly as they should be. Nexon needs to know that they're doing something wrong because if everyone keeps telling them it's "okay", this will just keep repeating over and over again because they know the player base will be cool with it. They lack the costumer service and communication they used to have.
    Coding is only partially remembering how past mistakes were fixed and then correcting them, but it's not always as easy as doing the same thing that has been done before. Anyone who codes also has to make sure that the code works similarly across most operating systems, with everyone having desktops or laptops, differences in graphics cards, anyone who uses special hardware/software for handicaps, etc. Technology constantly upgrades and current games need to keep up. Also like other people have said, there needs to be communication with Nexon Korea to keep them up to date and to get advice on what could possibly be done to fix the issues
    JinxProof
  • OnyxadeOnyxade
    edited December 2016
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

I also think extremely highly skilled coders and etc won't work for companies like Nexon, they find better jobs that pay over 6 figures. For example in IT security, IBM and so on, something that you can tell your parents proudly I work for Herjavec Group instead of "Mom I work for Nexon/ Maplestory" If I told my co workers I play maplestory and if they look it up, and they would roll on the floor laughing. That's why There are 2 things I'll never tell my co workers, I play maplestory and I watch anime.
    No shame In the game though Ren! I tell my co workers I'm the laziest guy in the world, who does nothing but sit at home and dump hours into videogames. Video Games For Life!
  • OnyxadeOnyxade
    edited December 2016
    bladename
    bladename said:

Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

Hey i play on scania im pushing to 200 2 :)
    Whats your character name? I'll add ya :D
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

bets on maintenance tomorrow?
    I bet 50mill
  • TreekiTreeki
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    Can we PLEASE just get some kind of ETA. I don't care if it's 10 hours. I just want to know if I should be awake right now or go the to bed yaffeeeeeeeeel me dog.
    Riku593Jaaaddddddd
  • WzerWzer
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

That's where you are wrong. It is the staffs fault. They've had plenty of time, if not weeks, to test the content before they were going to release it. They've had plenty of time to prepare proper servers for the mess of players that were going to come back for one of the biggest updates of MapleStory's career. I'll give you that code does break from time to time without reason and is definitely a mess when it comes to finding out the problem but remind you... they do this every single patch that comes out. Maybe one or two they've been good on but they shouldn't be screwing up every patch. Do you know why experts are called experts? They have significant knowledge of their field and know so much about it. There are time for mistakes and to learn from them but it seems like in this case they are not learning from their mistakes. Things are not being tested as thoroughly as they should be. Nexon needs to know that they're doing something wrong because if everyone keeps telling them it's "okay", this will just keep repeating over and over again because they know the player base will be cool with it. They lack the costumer service and communication they used to have.
    Coding is only partially remembering how past mistakes were fixed and then correcting them, but it's not always as easy as doing the same thing that has been done before. Anyone who codes also has to make sure that the code works similarly across most operating systems, with everyone having desktops or laptops, differences in graphics cards, anyone who uses special hardware/software for handicaps, etc. Technology constantly upgrades and current games need to keep up. Also like other people have said, there needs to be communication with Nexon Korea to keep them up to date and to get advice on what could possibly be done to fix the issues
    Can you just stop posting about information that we don't care about anymore? Probably will save good amount of time. You also just said GMS needs "advice" from KMS to fix the issues, so you just countered your own argument. Stop here, it's about to become pathetic.
    iSublimePlasticHolly
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited December 2016
    Treeki
    Treeki said:

Can we PLEASE just get some kind of ETA. I don't care if it's 10 hours. I just want to know if I should be awake right now or go the to bed yaffeeeeeeeeel me dog.
    that's what im saying