[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    Ryuhiko
    Ryuhiko said:

Nexon please add an extra 3-5 hours to all of your ETA's so atleast for once you will release something ON TIME
    lol even if they did that they would still miss the target
    BuckYouRithiabladenamezchnuggels
  • Benjii699Benjii699
    Reactions: 680
    edited December 2016
    I for one am glad Nexon staff have been working as tirelessly as they have been, so that when the game is up, everyone can enjoy it with minimal lag and bugs. Keep up the good work Nexon
    Riku593gameplayer70JinxProof
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016

gameplayer70

At this point, I am ashamed of being part of this fanbase, not because of Nexon, but because of how greedy and impatient everyone is. Get a job programming for a well-known online game company and see how often you have to fix problems. Probably 80% of doing a programming job is fixing problems. Not only that, but you can only estimate how long it will take to fix a problem because you can't tell right away if something you do fixes it or not. Not only that, but you have to deal with complaints like these from ungrateful players with a smile even if you want to sink your claws into them. These people get paid well for good reason, for their efforts and for their patience.
    what exactly are we supposed to be grateful for here? This is a company trying to make money, not some charitable organization cleaning up after a natural disaster or something.. they aren't doing anything out of a favor to us, they are trying to maintain a business and make a profit.
    GMSDillon
  • isomisom
    Reactions: 515
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

At this point, I am ashamed of being part of this fanbase, not because of Nexon, but because of how greedy and impatient everyone is. Get a job programming for a well-known online game company and see how often you have to fix problems. Probably 80% of doing a programming job is fixing problems. Not only that, but you can only estimate how long it will take to fix a problem because you can't tell right away if something you do fixes it or not. Not only that, but you have to deal with complaints like these from ungrateful players with a smile even if you want to sink your claws into them. These people get paid well for good reason, for their efforts and for their patience.
    maybe if they put in more effort in testing their patches and anticipating large server loads then we wouldn't be complaining
    lizzybeth
    edited December 2016
    Benjii699
    Benjii699 said:

I for one am glad Nexon staff have been working as tirelessly as they have been, so that when the game is up, everyone can enjoy it with minimal lag and bugs. Keep up the good work Nexon
    keep thinking that, and while you are at it here is a unicorn to ride on and the loch ness monster to play with
  • YoruDBYoruDB
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    you guys should put UTC on notices time again, i always need search one site to change the timezone for me.
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    the only reason why other games dont do this is because they wait before they release and update they check everything before updating and nexon should do that aswell im sure we wouldnt mind waiting another week (but having the game online) than waiting 2 days to play with the update -.-
    RoaBean
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I personally feel like maple needs a public beta environment like LoL has where players can test and report bugs and can only gain access when they have a good game history
    KitCatTen
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

what exactly are we supposed to be grateful for here? This is a company trying to make money, not some charitable organization cleaning up after a natural disaster or something.. they aren't doing anything out of a favor to us, they are trying to maintain a business and make a profit.
    For starters, you wouldn't even be playing the game if it weren't for them.
  • DarkOathDarkOath
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

Jaaaddddddd

Yay tbh i think everyone would be happy if they gave everyone another day of 2x 10K NX and a miracle time thumbs up of u agree
    I'm wondering if we will see a surprise nx transfer event. I'm sure it would please the masses. Eh? Eh? *Bumps Nexon's shoulder* :D
    OMG this right here. Just 1 day of nxfer would be amazing compensation hahah! I mean i thought it would be common sense for there to be an nxfer with 5th job as people will be switching mains... but of course we are disappointed once again... NOT TO SAY THAT I'M AGAINST NEXON but i feel like this would have been an obvious, sensible, pleasing the masses event?

However, since this is my first time really reading these forums i've noticed how negative this community is, like guys 1 it's just a game chill out 2 the people working on the servers deserve as much time as they need if it means that people get smoother game play... No wonder the game is dieing out if the community is indeed similar in the game as they are reflected in these forums O-O I mean, sure the long maintenances suck but it doesnt mean im gonna start raging in forums and blaming nexon...

There have been a few comments saying that this has happened before and continuously - I do agree with the fact that nexon should have a test server for patches so that they don't take as long....

Based on previous comments that supported nexon like this, there will be some dude that has to quote this and start going absolutely ballistic about me supporting nexon - please calm down, grab a beer, and find something to do other than wasting your time criticising posts that support the company that have hosted a brilliant game...

Cheers for anyone who reads this ;D But people complaining for dayz on these forums really **** me off XD
    gameplayer70Onyxade
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    just add 7 hrs to your ETA so we actually think you finished BEFORE time
    DarkOathlizzybethzchnuggels
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    DarkOath
    DarkOath said:

Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

Jaaaddddddd

Yay tbh i think everyone would be happy if they gave everyone another day of 2x 10K NX and a miracle time thumbs up of u agree
    I'm wondering if we will see a surprise nx transfer event. I'm sure it would please the masses. Eh? Eh? *Bumps Nexon's shoulder* :D
    OMG this right here. Just 1 day of nxfer would be amazing compensation hahah! I mean i thought it would be common sense for there to be an nxfer with 5th job as people will be switching mains... but of course we are disappointed once again... NOT TO SAY THAT I'M AGAINST NEXON but i feel like this would have been an obvious, sensible, pleasing the masses event?

However, since this is my first time really reading these forums i've noticed how negative this community is, like guys 1 it's just a game chill out 2 the people working on the servers deserve as much time as they need if it means that people get smoother game play... No wonder the game is dieing out if the community is indeed similar in the game as they are reflected in these forums O-O I mean, sure the long maintenances suck but it doesnt mean im gonna start raging in forums and blaming nexon...

There have been a few comments saying that this has happened before and continuously - I do agree with the fact that nexon should have a test server for patches so that they don't take as long....

Based on previous comments that supported nexon like this, there will be some dude that has to quote this and start going absolutely ballistic about me supporting nexon - please calm down, grab a beer, and find something to do other than wasting your time criticising posts that support the company that have hosted a brilliant game...

Cheers for anyone who reads this ;D But people complaining for dayz on these forums really **** me off XD
    Tbh no one reading all that good try tho
    HollaBackNinjaRiku593
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

the only reason why other games dont do this is because they wait before they release and update they check everything before updating and nexon should do that aswell im sure we wouldnt mind waiting another week (but having the game online) than waiting 2 days to play with the update -.-
    yep exactly they could just prepare the code, test it, fix it then release it much better than prepare the code upload to the game servers, wait for people to report bugs, maint for 2 days and then we can play

Riku593
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

lol really? this benefits them far more than it does me, without us the players, they wouldn't be publishing a game, for me its game for them its their livelihood

that's like walking up to a guy eating a cheese burger and a local hamburger joint and saying you should be grateful for this restaurant because without them you wouldn't be eating that burger, his reply would be something like no i wouldn't be, i'd be eating a different burger at a different restaurant

Jaaaddddddd
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    DarkOath
    DarkOath said:

Omg thank you. It's posts like these that give helpful suggestions without raging at Nexon that should be on these forums. There are too many complaints. It's like if you're really willing to complain so much why even play this game?
    Riku593
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

lol really? this benefits them far more than it does me, without us the players, they wouldn't be publishing a game, for me its game for them its their livelihood

that's like walking up to a guy eating a cheese burger and a local hamburger joint and saying you should be grateful for this restaurant because without them you wouldn't be eating that burger, his reply would be something like no i wouldn't be, i'd be eating a different burger at a different restaurant

and without us there is no game so it is in their best interest to get it right the first time
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

DarkOath
    DarkOath said:

Omg thank you. It's posts like these that give helpful suggestions without raging at Nexon that should be on these forums. There are too many complaints. It's like if you're really willing to complain so much why even play this game?
    Glad to see there are people that share my state of mind

DarkOath
  • RineyRiney
    Reactions: 545
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

Well arguably you're still here, so you care at least that much. It might not be the best service, but its the best burger you ever had. Thats why I'm okay with waiting.

KensterMeme
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited December 2016
    How it feels waiting to play the game again
    DSpellGuyPonPon
  • Sammy_KunSammy_Kun
    Reactions: 590
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to get some sleep... sleep is still very nice, especially when you have a really lousy day, and anticipating getting back into Maple just for this...
    GMSDillon