[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory has stopped working Issue

Comments

• innateinnate
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2016
    does anybody found a solution?
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

the servers down for a maitanince right now till 9
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/19387/unscheduled-minor-patch-december-1-2016
    you can check to see if the servers up or down here
    maplestory.nexon.net/server-status
    when its back up
    restart your computer
    in start menu click device manager
    go down to wireless
    im propertys turn off the setting to let the computer turn it off
    save
    in start menu type cmd right click run as admin
    then type netsh winsok reset
    press enter
    restart your comp when your promped
    turn off your antivirus until restart < avg free is bad for dcing >
    go into maplestory folder
    right click
    maplestory.exe
    maplestorylauncher.exe
    nexonlauncher.exe
    pretty much all the exe
    and go into compadability and run as admin FOR ALL USERS
    and change them to compadability win 7 at same time< only if ur on win 10>
    then start the game when your on character selection screen
    press alt + tab + delete together
    go down to task manager
    find maplestory.exe in processes
    and right click
    set afinity
    here depending on your computer
    start at above avrage
    if u have a beast of a comp then go realtime or high i usually go high but thats me
    see if that helps at all
    Perfect solution for me. i play already an hour and no dces. Ty very much

• innateinnate
    edited December 2016
    the comand netsh winsok reset not found
  • innateinnate
    edited December 2016
    i did all the steps and still the same problem, game stuck when i select region and the game crahes
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    edited December 2016
    innate
    innate said:

ye that was a typo i searched on google for it you have to type this

netsh winsock reset

• xSookyxxSookyx
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    I tried just about everything possible even what Sweetheart123 put and nothing works. Whether it is in region selection scree/login/world selection/character selection/PIN the game crashes every single time before I enter the actual game and it is extremely frustrating. This has ONLY happened as of early november near the region merges on NOV 10. I have tried every single launcher possible, ran as administrator, repaired my client, uninstalled maplestory and deleted every single file from my computer and redownloaded, disabled firewall/antivirus and allowed maple to bypass firewall and it didn't work. Not sure what the problem here is but I have asked several GMs in the live chat and didn't provide anything helpful as this problem is still happening. I'm definitely not willing to buy a new computer just to play maplestory because my current computer runs just about any game perfectly fine it is only maplestory that has problems. If there is a fix or a known problem let me know, I have tried every single solution I can find online and what the GMs have provided and nothing works.
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    edited December 2016
    xSookyx
    xSookyx said:

I tried just about everything possible even what Sweetheart123 put and nothing works. Whether it is in region selection scree/login/world selection/character selection/PIN the game crashes every single time before I enter the actual game and it is extremely frustrating. This has ONLY happened as of early november near the region merges on NOV 10. I have tried every single launcher possible, ran as administrator, repaired my client, uninstalled maplestory and deleted every single file from my computer and redownloaded, disabled firewall/antivirus and allowed maple to bypass firewall and it didn't work. Not sure what the problem here is but I have asked several GMs in the live chat and didn't provide anything helpful as this problem is still happening. I'm definitely not willing to buy a new computer just to play maplestory because my current computer runs just about any game perfectly fine it is only maplestory that has problems. If there is a fix or a known problem let me know, I have tried every single solution I can find online and what the GMs have provided and nothing works.
    tried this? netsh winsock reset

i asume you have windows 10? also you sure you compatible all exe (in maple and nexon launcher folder) files to all users to windows 7 and hit the run as administrator box? i mean that fixed it for me.

• xSookyxxSookyx
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    I have tried the netsh winsock reset, and I have windows 8.1, also tried running in compatibility mode and run as administrator still crashes and get the error message "maplestory has stopped working"
  • IceCoolIceCool
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Relax bro, there is no fix to this. I tried everything either you are not alone just hope they fix before the end of the burn event
  • KarrotkonvoyKarrotkonvoy
    edited December 2016
    I didn't have any success with Sweetheart's proposed solution. Windows gave me the option to run a "just in time debugger" in Visual studio, so I tried it. I don't really have any experience with this, so I just tried making some sense of it. It gave me two main lines of interest:

Exception thrown at 0x1B4FC6BA (nvd3dum.dll) in MapleStory.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000001C.
    And
    The program '[1096] MapleStory.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

nvd3dum.dll is part of the graphics card, so I tried updating my drivers. That did't really do anything.
    I thought the access violation might mean an issue with permissions so I disabled my antivirus, ran as admin, all that. Still having the same problem though.

The only trace I can find of the issue online of a similar issue was here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948360/geforce-mobile-gpus/maplestory-crash-on-nvd3dum-dll-with-geforce-gt-750m/
    I also saw some similar problems with the .dll in other games. The only solutions I've come across at the moment is trying different hardware. I might try swapping out graphics cards and see if that does anything.
  • SekireiFTWSekireiFTW
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    This is getting me really upset. I haven't been able to play since the migration. I put in a ticket and did as i was told. I sent the DirectX Diagnostic and the cmd command to them and all i was told is my system is working that i should update windows and check my graphic card. I only had this PC for 8mo there is no updates for anything and my graphics card is fine. I play other other Nexon games as well. Now all i got was we will have to look into the problem. So I guess i will miss the whole event. even the NX items i didn't get a chance to use. .
  • Eri85Eri85
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I updated the Nvidia drivers this morning so I thought the fault was all mine. But then I reverted and the game still crashed so then I thought it was due to latency with me playing from Europe. Speedtest gave me 16ms 50Mbps download/10Mbps upload. So nope, I'm clear again.

Nexon, why do you do this? http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5275/maplestory-has-stopped-working-issue/p4#
  • TalesGirlTalesGirl
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    We must have gotten a really bad patch. We should send a mass ticket into Nexon to get them to notice this clusterfudge of a patch.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    innate
    innate said:

my bad that indeed was a typo
    sorry i was really tired and rarely come on forums since my forum name was changed
    the correct command is
    netsh winsock reset
    make sure you run it as admin
    xSookyx
    xSookyx said:

I have tried the netsh winsock reset, and I have windows 8.1, also tried running in compatibility mode and run as administrator still crashes and get the error message "maplestory has stopped working"
    to me it sounds like your loopbacks are crashing you
    go into control panel
    networks and internet
    find networks and sharing
    in your left side should be an option to change adapter settings
    open that up and disable all except the main internet connection you are using
    sorry for late reply guys hope that it helps x3
    Karrotkonvoy

I didn't have any success with Sweetheart's proposed solution. Windows gave me the option to run a "just in time debugger" in Visual studio, so I tried it. I don't really have any experience with this, so I just tried making some sense of it. It gave me two main lines of interest:

Exception thrown at 0x1B4FC6BA (nvd3dum.dll) in MapleStory.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000001C.
    And
    The program '[1096] MapleStory.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

nvd3dum.dll is part of the graphics card, so I tried updating my drivers. That did't really do anything.
    I thought the access violation might mean an issue with permissions so I disabled my antivirus, ran as admin, all that. Still having the same problem though.

The only trace I can find of the issue online of a similar issue was here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948360/geforce-mobile-gpus/maplestory-crash-on-nvd3dum-dll-with-geforce-gt-750m/
    I also saw some similar problems with the .dll in other games. The only solutions I've come across at the moment is trying different hardware. I might try swapping out graphics cards and see if that does anything.
    to me that sounds like its your firewall / antivirus
    go to start menu type in allow program though firewall
    open it up and add in the whole nexon folder
    but also try the loop back thing too if your dcing at the pic
    Eri85
    Eri85 said:

I updated the Nvidia drivers this morning so I thought the fault was all mine. But then I reverted and the game still crashed so then I thought it was due to latency with me playing from Europe. Speedtest gave me 16ms 50Mbps download/10Mbps upload. So nope, I'm clear again.

Nexon, why do you do this? http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5275/maplestory-has-stopped-working-issue/p4#
    its not your firewall is it?
    i mean its 2 different things antivirus and firewall
    try disabling both
    for those disconnecting at the pic disable your loopacks in your control panel> network > manage adapter settings<3
  • KarrotkonvoyKarrotkonvoy
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

try the loop back thing too
    Tried this a couple times. Did winsock with this extra Lan network that was there disabled. Didn't work for me. I'm getting the same issue. Thanks anyway though.

I tried another shot in the dark and disabled my second monitor to see if the .dll worked without it. Still nothing.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    luminous18

Ok I thin I'm making progress. Today I was able to get past the global select screen and make it to character select. Only when I try to select a character I get the maplestory has stopped working error again. It's a step in the right direction.
    to me this seems like your loopbacks
    Karrotkonvoy

Sweetheart123

try the loop back thing too
    Tried this a couple times. Did winsock with this extra Lan network that was there disabled. Didn't work for me. I'm getting the same issue. Thanks anyway though.

I tried another shot in the dark and disabled my second monitor to see if the .dll worked without it. Still nothing.
    the monitor shouldn't have anything to do with it
    loopbacks is only for when your dcing after you put in the pic
    and if disabling / deleting didnt help dcing from pic
    its usually something needs updating
    or you just need to keep trying a couple times
    from my experience its usually a framework or c++ needs update
    or i have in a few occasions had like a runtime error in that case i had to delete everything and reinstall after updating your comp
    by using MSCONFIG as a tool to find the root of your problem is also a good idea
    by hiding all microsoft programs in msconfig in start menu
    then disableing everything else thats there AFTER HIDING THE ALL MICROSOFT BOX
    make sure you tick the disable all microsoft box before ticking disable all
    also try closing the launcher and running the Nexon game launcher as admin after if it works we know its a program / not the comp or connection
    also guys when you download the game MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS Before you download
    this also helped me as my antivirus was deleting it before it even saved
    So if it helped anyone be sure to let others know by giving me #ThumbsUp

• PeteVZPeteVZ
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    So I had gone through and tried the various fixes presented in this thread, which resulted in little success. Was hoping to revive the thread and see if anyone had additional information. With my situation, it seems random. Last time it happened, I had just kill Vellum and tried to exit when it crashed. I don't know if it helps at all, I'm using Windows 10 and drivers (as far as I can tell) are up to date. Any suggestions?
    MyDream
  • SkinnyTacoSkinnyTaco
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    I haven't fixed it either and I am like a week into talking with support trying to fix the problem. Supposedly its a problem that happened after the migration and is under investigation but I feel like its forgotten.
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    need to logg in for 6-7 times before i can play.....ah well....at least your cash shop is working huh ? F5
  • TrayseeTraysee
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Confirmed issue, not your computer.