[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    This is very sudden news, and the timing is extremely off considering what Michael just started (a contest or two, sticking around after a major patch to, ya know, do his job of managing us).

To me it definitely seems as if this was personal for Michael. Something came up in his life and all of a sudden he was just no longer capable of continuing to live and work in California.

@KThxBaiNao - I hope everything is ok, like @Artasi and @Hime you will be missed here. Sad to see yet another good CM leave Nexon
    LilyflowerVinsaneNiightseekerAglow
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Can anyone confirm for me if the previous CMs left suddenly without much word from the person themselves?

All I remember otherwise is that Artasi left to work at Blizzard and MysteryMask was moved to Dirty Bomb.
    Hime left for a new job and she wrote a post about it.
    Girasol rage-quit and never said anything about it in the forums. Nor outside of them, except to inform the admin at Southperry so he could disable her special account.
    Aurtax was fired and didn't write a farewell letter, as far as I can recall.
    MysteryMask is still with Nexon. I don't know whether she was officially our CM or just a placeholder.
    Artasi left for a new job and wrote a farewell post.
    DragventurerCactrotXenomataLilyflowerKylehell007NyaraNiightseekerJettLuvsU
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

So what exactly did he do to be unemployed by Nexon?

As far as I know, Michael has a very good reputation.
    Even if he knew, I'm sure he wouldn't be able to tell us out of respect for his privacy.
    MegaScience
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Girasol rage-quit and never said anything about it in the forums. Nor outside of them, except to inform the admin at Southperry so he could disable her special account.
    Shoot, didn't mean to double post.

Girasol was never a CM, though.
    But yes, she did rage quit, lol.

Sanjay
  • PizzamanPizzaman
    Reactions: 1,080
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    When in search for a new CM;
    its like im an old man and ive lived through 3 elected popes already
    prost!
    Xenon92
  • DragventurerDragventurer
    Reactions: 1,701
    edited December 2016
    You had a good wonderful run here :/ I'll remember those times when you said you were proud of me :<
  • KyadraKyadra
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    he was the real MVP valuable player
  • MrRagerMrRager
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    uninstalling and playing a real mmorpg like Final Fantasy XIV pceeeeee spent enough NX for them monthly pass anyways
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Not too surprising, but sad nevertheless.

Thanks for everything, Michael, and I hope your next employer is worthy of you.

Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Girasol was never a CM, though.
    But yes, she did rage quit, lol.
    She filled in for CM after Hime left.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    This is very unfortunate, whatever Hype for this patch was remaining is now completely diminished.
    The only thing that will actually be shocking at this point with maplestory is if they break the recent traditions of December issues involving the lag AND exploits/hacks.

I truly wish the best for Micheal and his future endeavors.
    Normally when something like this suddenly occurs along with very little information provided, normally means something really really bad happened.

• KidKosmosKidKosmos
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    So you people terminated him. This is why no one likes you people.
  • LunarianLunarian
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Any reason or to what happened with KThxBaiNao and Nexon?
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

No, she did not.
    She was still in production, like Waltzing.
    Though they both played temporary CM, it wasn't an official title nor their main job.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

No, she did not.
    She was still in production, like Waltzing.
    Though I had contact with both and they both played temporary CM, it wasn't an official title.
    I thought she wore both hats.
    But anyway, official or not, the community knew her as CM and (referring back to Xenomata's question) she didn't write a goodbye post.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

But anyway, official or not, the community knew her as CM and (referring back to Xenomata's question) she didn't write a goodbye post.
    Nah, all staff present on the forums played temporary CM, mostly Girasol and Waltzing though, but Waltzing has always been more behind the scenes.
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    MrRager
    MrRager said:

uninstalling and playing a real mmorpg like Final Fantasy XIV pceeeeee spent enough NX for them monthly pass anyways
    You won't be gone for long. c:
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nah, all staff present on the forums played temporary CM, mostly Girasol and Waltzing though, but Waltzing has always been more behind the scenes.
    Of course Waltzing stayed behind the scenes, otherwise how could he stalk players and scare them half to death?
    bumbertyr
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited December 2016
    KingStarfire

Of course Waltzing stayed behind the scenes, otherwise how could he stalk players and scare them half to death?
    Haha. He was always a mysterious guy... wish he would post more.
    Love @Waltzing <3
    KingStarfireThe Blue Corsairdeadend5193
  • Icewave21Icewave21
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    This is really sad.
    In a world of madness, where do we begin?
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    I truly hope he made the decision to leave, if Nexon made this decision it's a poor one. I don't oftenly play MapleStory, but I checked the forums from time to time. KThxBaiNao was the best CM I've ever seen for this game, it's ridiculous how many CMs this game has gone through in the past 4 years.
    Hime - Quit
    Aurtax - Fired
    MysteryMask - Quit
    Jellysomethin - Fired?
    Artasi - Quit
    KThxBaiNao - Fired

That's six Community Managers in the past four years. I really do hope he made the decision to quit himself, there is no plausible reason he should've been fired.
    The Blue Corsair