[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[FEEDBACK] Easy Arkarium Death Count

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I liked how the death count was 20 deaths before the V update, but now.. the death count of 5 is ridiculous. I can barely get Easy Arkarium down to 40% hp without dying 4 times.
Fighting Easy Arkarium now requires careful timing and a better range. 140-175k range is no good anymore since the 20 death count was removed.

It's supposed to be "easy" (as the difficulty rating suggests), but now, I consider Easy Arkarium to be Normal Arkarium, and Normal Arkarium to be Hard (or Chaos) Arkarium.
Having Easy Arkarium's death count be lowered to 5 makes him as difficult as Normal Arkarium.

PLEASE consider reverting the death count back to 20 so players (like me) won't have much difficulty defeating him.
  1. Revert back to 20 deaths or keep it at 5 deaths?23 votes
    1. 20 deaths
       91% (21 votes)
    2. Keep it at 5 deaths
       9% (2 votes)

Comments

• RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I'm in the same boat as you, because the new death counts are complete trash and, sometimes, unfair. I'm really hoping this update scares away the rest of the community, because this game gets more and more rage-inducing with every patch that contains content or skill changes.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2016
    I interpret the difficulties differently. I take the highest difficulty available for a boss and consider that to be their full power, the lower difficulties are just that boss but weakened by whatever ratio they decided to use. So easy Arkarium is easier than normal Arkarium, but may still be harder than normal Hilla, with the conclusion being Arkarium > Hilla.

But that doesn't change the fact that Arkarium's near-full map OHKO attack is beyond ridiculous. Just artificial difficulty at its finest.
    JettLuvsUBahamut_XDnaman101
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

I interpret the difficulties differently. I take the highest difficulty available for a boss and consider that to be their full power, the lower difficulties are just that boss but weakened by whatever ratio they decided to use. So easy Arkarium is easier than normal Arkarium, but may still be harder than normal Hilla, with the conclusion being Arkarium > Hilla.

But that doesn't change the fact that Arkarium's near-full map OHKO attack is beyond ridiculous. Just artificial difficulty at its finest.
    The interesting fact is that Arkarium's "Full Map Attack" isn't actually full.

Maplestory: Shade solo Normal Arkarium (GMS)

At 4:44 this Shade manages to dodge it by jumping to the opposite side just out of reach of where Arakrium is casting it. But there is only a small window of time to react and dodge it successfully and hopefully that he's not in the middle of the map

Another way to counter this is using Invincibility Potions or an Invincibility Skill.

Even so, it is just still ridiculous that such a boss can have such quick cast timing to activate this skill. If I were to re-balance Arkarium I would slow down his cast time by 2-3 times so then it'll be easier to dodge it.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

I liked how the death count was 20 deaths before the V update, but now.. the death count of 5 is ridiculous.
    Having Easy Arkarium's death count be lowered to 5 makes him as difficult as Normal Arkarium.
    It's because Arkarium no longer uses party death counts and now instead uses individual death counts. Meaning instead of a party sharing a total of 20 death counts, each party member gets their own death count of 5.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

Emboldened the technicality. But then again, maybe you were just making sure everyone else knew. w/e

If I redid him then I would quite simply trash that trashy skill and implement a much more telegraphed-random OHKO attack. Or maybe give him something more unique to his skills. Either way it would probably end up being a skill that is pillar-style, because those tend to be the easiest to telegraph to the player.

Its2Sharp4U
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited December 2016
    OdysseyTwo

StayGold
    StayGold said:

I liked how the death count was 20 deaths before the V update, but now.. the death count of 5 is ridiculous.
    It's because Arkarium no longer uses party death counts and now instead uses individual death counts. Meaning instead of a party sharing a total of 20 death counts, each party member gets their own death count of 5.
    I assume that it's supposed to be a party of four people that's supposed to help you defeat Easy Arkarium? I always thought parties consisted of 2 people ever since the RED update

Also, thank you all for your insight on this matter :) Hopefully, it will make NexonNA's devs to revert Easy Arkarium's death count back to 20.

• VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2016
    Nexon should remove the 1HKO from Ark or at least tweak it so you have a chance to avoid it.
    whenever I start seeing the screen shatters I just let go of my keyboard lol...
    buccaneerlolNakazatoJL
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    It's even better, because he spams that skill non-stop, or uses it right after re-entering the map upon resurrecting, effectively wasting your run.
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    I don't get why arkarium has literally 0 cooldown on the map kill. Good luck trying to kill ark after all 4 orbs in the background are gone. Dumb that I have to wait to get the bind in 5th just to reliably kill this boss.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

At 4:44 this Shade manages to dodge it by jumping to the opposite side just out of reach of where Arakrium is casting it. But there is only a small window of time to react and dodge it successfully and hopefully that he's not in the middle of the map

Another way to counter this is using Invincibility Potions or an Invincibility Skill.

Even so, it is just still ridiculous that such a boss can have such quick cast timing to activate this skill. If I were to re-balance Arkarium I would slow down his cast time by 2-3 times so then it'll be easier to dodge it.
    His attack hits 90+% of the screen, and if he is close to the middle of the screen there are no safe spots. Combine that with lag (which many many people suffer from) making it impossible to get out of the way before the cast finishes, its beyond cheesy. And he uses it every 10% HP. Its bullshit
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

Its2Sharp4U

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

His attack hits 90+% of the screen, and if he is close to the middle of the screen there are no safe spots. Combine that with lag (which many many people suffer from) making it impossible to get out of the way before the cast finishes, its beyond cheesy. And he uses it every 10% HP. Its bullshit
    It's once per ~25% HP or so, and then it goes full once you dip him below 25% remaining.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

I actually dodged it once last night, but I failed the run because of this annoying map attack.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    @Aggraphine - Normal Arkarium is once every 10% no? I assumed they were the same, I just avoid Arkarium like the plague. One of the absolute worst designed fights in the history of the game
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

@Aggraphine - Normal Arkarium is once every 10% no? I assumed they were the same, I just avoid Arkarium like the plague. One of the absolute worst designed fights in the history of the game
    I honestly couldn't tell you. I main a Shade, so I bind+split then hammer absolute hell out of him til he's dead. I'm also trash, so I do easy mode for some extra rocks of time.
    Kylehell007
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    This is just easy ark your all complaining about, AND we just got a cap removal+tons of other dmg bonuses. if you were complaining about the 15 kill count in hard magnus with the DOT on top of pot cd +1ko auras, that's understandable. if not you're either not prepared to fight him solo yet or just not doing in a manner convenient enough for you to not die before killing which can be easily maneuvered with a bishop alone not to mention a plethora of invincibility skills..
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

I finally beat him.. when I had a death count of 1, I used an Invincibility potion when I had 2 left on the death counter, and was able to defeat him soon after I was revived.

Also, he used the map attack (when I was fighting him) at: 70%, 50%, 30%, 20%, and 3%-5% HP (this isn't fact, but based on personal experience).
    Kylehell007

This is just easy ark your all complaining about, AND we just got a cap removal+tons of other dmg bonuses. if you were complaining about the 15 kill count in hard magnus with the DOT on top of pot cd +1ko auras, that's understandable. if not you're either not prepared to fight him solo yet or just not doing in a manner convenient enough for you to not die before killing which can be easily maneuvered with a bishop alone not to mention a plethora of invincibility skills..
    I wasn't complaining about Easy Arkarium at the time when I was typing out the original thread post. I wanted to inform players who were thinking of attempting to fight Easy Ark to be careful because without the 20 revives at their disposal anymore (because of the V update), it would be significantly harder to ACTUALLY defeat him.
    I'm not "complaining" about Hard Magnus because I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to be able to attempt fighting him. I'm sure I could do Normal Magnus, but even SorrowfulM had trouble killing Hard Mag,

Also, I'm a Shadower, and Dark Sight/Advanced Dark Sight does not protect me against the map attack. I can only attempt to escape it by FJ'ing all the way to the other side of the map. I had to use an Invincibility Potion in order to defeat him last night. However, I do have a person in my guild who is a Bishop, but she's in the EST timezone (while I'm in PST), so I never know when she is on (also don't know if she finished the Silent Crusade questline).
    Lastly, Bishops are only helpful when attempting Normal Arkarium because WA does ONLY 1 damage per hit towards the Netherworld Monks, while Holy damage is able to kill them because they are Undead. In Easy Ark, I'm able to kill the Netherworld Monks in 4-5 hits with Boomerang Stab.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    After he drops below a certain HP threshold, he starts spamming the OHKO attack. Which, as I'm sure you'll agree, is an absolute load of horse-doo
    StayGoldJettLuvsU
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

After he drops below a certain HP threshold, he starts spamming the OHKO attack. Which, as I'm sure you'll agree, is an absolute load of horse-doo
    Not spamming. AFAIK he is coded to use that attack at set intervals of health (and on normal I'm confident this is every 10% health). If you burst him down too fast but don't kill him in time though, he has to cycle through all of the ones that you triggered. Its just lazy coding honestly
  • BrendiruBrendiru
    Reactions: 530
    edited January 2017
    Did they change the death count on normal ark? I cannot beat him because I cannot dodge the OHKO skill 5 times before I finish him off. That's just ridiculous. Wasn't it 20 on normal mode?

Edit: Didn't see the OP, so it really have been changed. What the heck. >:|
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    Another thing i want to point about Arkarium is that is Netherworld Monks are still immune to physical attacks. They should be killable on all skills. I also noticed that this monster is in monster collect which makes one of the most "uncollectable" mobs in the game even if you somehow cap in this new version of maple. Do you think this should be fixed so that Arkarium HP doesn't increase rapidly like Dartz's life points in Yugioh Waking the Dragons?