[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[EVENT] Burning character "Request Failed"

Comments

• ExenaExena
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Like many other maplers I cannot create a burning character after had deleting a previous one.
    How the bug may have been produced:

I made a Battle Mage, burned him, got to ~level 46 accepted the equipment boxes and the maple pearl set on the V tracker.
    Decided I wanted to burn a Hayato on the same world instead.
    Deleted the Battle Mage,
    waited the 24 hour wait period,
    confirmed deletion, create a new Hayato,
    clicked okay for the option to burn the newly created character,
    get request failed dialogue box.

I was able to repeat this process in other worlds such as Reboot and Mardia. However, I did not log in on that character after creating.
    I just created, burned, delete, repeat. And they were all able to be burned every time.

My guess is that it might have to do with the fact that once a character accepts the burning equipment boxes. The feature, event, and quest for that world then becomes unavailable to make a burning character even though a character with the burning status is gone. Something in the code might need to allow to refresh the burning character feature, event, and quest if the game can confirm that a character in the world no longer has a burning status for the event's period.

I just thought I'd add some insight and not just another 'AHH THERE'S ANOTHER BUGI!' discussion. I hope this additional info helps in squishing this bug. I really appreciate all that you've guys have done to keep this event alive and kicking!
  • ExenaExena
    edited December 2016
    And by all means I am no programming expert. I just have a very base understanding on how it works. I really hope this information can be useful.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    Exena
    Exena said:

I was able to repeat this process in other worlds such as Reboot and Mardia. However, I did not log in on that character after creating.
    I just created, burned, delete, repeat. And they were all able to be burned every time.

My guess is that it might have to do with the fact that once a character accepts the burning equipment boxes. The feature, event, and quest for the account then becomes unavailable to make a burning character even though a character with the burning status is gone. Something in the code might need to allow to refresh the burning character feature, event, and quest if the game can confirm that a character in the world no longer has a burning status for the event's period.

I just thought I'd add some insight and not just another 'AHH THERE'S ANOTHER BUGI!' discussion. I hope this additional info helps in squishing this bug. I really appreciate all that you've guys have done to keep this event alive and kicking!
    that's an interesting point - I've an in game bud that I'll ask to see if he accepted the equip boxes in game or not. He didn't specify in another thread if he played the character or not before deleting, etc.
  • ChawesyChawesy
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Why is there no admins responding to this? At least say you're aware of the problem... this is so disheartening. Dont keep us in the dark like this!
  • Jackson5MotoboyJackson5Motoboy
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2016
    same problem here
    Ruiex
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    They won't. That's how Nexon rolls. They haven't given a note about the major lag, boss glitches, skill glitches. As long as it's not cash-related they won't reply in a timely manner
  • DoubleTeaseDoubleTease
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Known Issue for everyone, Nexon just refuses to acknowledge this and tell us they know about it
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited December 2016
    Hi there,

I've read this report and forwarded. I apologize for the delayed response.
    DoubleTease
  • zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hi there,

I've read this report and forwarded. I apologize for the delayed response.
    Not quite sure if this^ Has been fixed now or I just got lucky, I've been able to remake a new burnt character :^) After I just waited for the 24 hour delete time!

I'd say give it a go peoples (:
  • MianMian
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    I've got the same problem here, what shoud I do?
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2016
    Would be really nice to know what's the problem here. Was thinking about deleting my current burned character and making a new one since it's no fun playing .
    Wait does the stupid 24h delete cooldown actuall still exist?
  • ExenaExena
    edited December 2016
    Nightcrawl3r

Would be really nice to know what's the problem here. Was thinking about deleting my current burned character and making a new one since it's no fun playing .
    Yup characters past 30 or maybe it's 33 must wait a 24 hour time period to confirm it's deletion.

And you might as well max it to 150 since there doesn't seem to be a fix yet. Burning season 2 is right around the corner so you can prepare for that! :)
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2016
    Exena
    Exena said:

Nightcrawl3r

Yup characters past 30 or maybe it's 33 must wait a 24 hour time period to confirm it's deletion.

And you might as well max it to 150 since there doesn't seem to be a fix yet. Burning season 2 is right around the corner so you can prepare for that! :)
    Nah, I guess I'll endure playing the character to get a lot of the V Tracker stuff done since it's already 182.
  • OmarZOmarZ
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Hello,

Once i heard about the burning character thingy, I immediately made a new character [Luminous] and burned it, but after a while WITHOUT PLAYING HIM, I decided to delete the Luminous character and make a demon avenger instead and burn it, but after the process of making the character a message pops claiming that the request failed. I have no idea what I should do :S

P.S The problem is occurring on Renegades where my main characters are, and I tried burning other characters in others worlds and it worked perfectly fine.
  • DoubleTeaseDoubleTease
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Nexon is aware of this issue and is looking into it, We just have to wait and hope they fix it before the event ends...
  • LazzzypandaLazzzypanda
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    HELP NEXON, Same case here!!! I cant burn anything. And the days on my 2x coupons are gonna expire soon :(
  • OmarZOmarZ
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Bump, we need to fix this problem asap :(
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Bug type: no idea

Brief bug summary: I get a pop up message "request failed" after creating a burning char.

Steps to reproduce: Create a new char -> "Do you want to make this your burning char?" Yes -> request failed

Character name: no name cause i deleted it r.i.p

Character level: nope

Character job: nah

World name: Nova

Date and time of the incident: 5 minutes ago

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

I have been trying to create a burning char for 8 days now and failed miserably. I thought it was going to work after today's patch but apparently not.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    LucasGiacometti

I have been trying to create a burning char for 8 days now and failed miserably. I thought it was going to work after today's patch but apparently not.
    Hello there.

Can you be more spesific? And follow the bug reporting format <3

Sorry to hear that.
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Log in -> Choose server -> choose channel -> create new char -> request failed

Tried multiple times, triead after restarting the client and after restarting my computer