[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    You will be missed , i hope you are doing well on what/where you are doing now

~WHY YOU HAD TO GO?! ~Snip~ T___T
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited December 2016
    I didn't really like him as CM, but yes, he'll be missed.
    TubaArlongTaehyung
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

They hired him specifically so the players would feel he's "one of them", and they let him keep clowning and meme'ing throughout
    To me, that's what makes a good Community Manager.
    Someone that is able to joke around with the players while still able to be serious when comes the time.
    The fact that Michael was so involved with the players and how he went out of his way to help while still being super friendly to all of us made me like him.
    The Community Manager should be able to make friends with players but still keep a professional distance from them, especially if they're only players and not Volunteers (but that's still to their own discretion. Obviously no company talk with players only). They should be able to connect with the players. Since Michael has actually played the game before, he was in a position where he knows how frustrating things can be, and I feel like that's why he tried to go out of his way to help more than he was supposed to.
    I feel that because of how Michael was towards the players, it made us feel like we were heard, understood, and, to me, that's how a Community Manager should be.

It makes them look human.
    This is exactly what a CM is supposed to do. He did his job excellently, whether you liked him or not. He interacted with the community, managed it, and sent our requests/feedback back to Nexon. A lot of players seem to fundamentally misunderstand what a CM does, as evidenced by every single maintenance where someone would inevitably blame Michael for the extensions and problems with patching. Or blame him for the lag. Or call on Michael to fix it, and get pissed off when he doesn't do anything, because there isn't anything he can do about it.

While I did like @Artasi too, he didn't do much managing of the community after the first few months. Michael was the first person we've had in quite a while that was a true CM imo, and its very sad that he was let go
    PhantomMasterThiefIzzyKuroNekoJettLuvsUZerukanThe Blue CorsairCaughtByLoveMaryseIts2Sharp4UKThxBaiNaoAeon유라and 1 other.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    You will be missed , i hope you are doing well on what/where you are doing now

~WHY YOU HAD TO GO?! ~Snip~ T___T
    Toreishi
    Toreishi said:

I didn't really like him as CM, but yes, he'll be missed.
    You didn't like him as the CM ?! , What?! , He was helping the players, and he was the only one that actaully cared about us the game, and tried doing his best, he was the only good thing that nexon has ever done to Gms IMO.

• SuperiorGentlemanSuperiorGentleman
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2016
    Oh well. You had one guy who knew what he was doing unlike those "Kinesis uses manapots" guys.
    Well done Nexon. Its not looking good for you.
  • KaldakaKaldaka
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    ... are we sure he was fired now... i dont see anything stating he was fired.... terminated... i just see something saying he is not working for nexon... maybe he got a better job in which case good for him, maybe he is helping sick parents and cant work right now on a game... in which case i say family and rl first. im quiet fine with the bashing of nexon but i dont think it should be done if we dont know the facts
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited December 2016
    Kaldaka
    Kaldaka said:

... are we sure he was fired now... i dont see anything stating he was fired.... terminated... i just see something saying he is not working for nexon... maybe he got a better job in which case good for him, maybe he is helping sick parents and cant work right now on a game... in which case i say family and rl first. im quiet fine with the bashing of nexon but i dont think it should be done if we dont know the facts
    He said it wasn't his decision. What do you think that means, aside from being fired?
  • IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    Even if I've never been active player in MS, all I heard and saw of Michael's effort made me envy why did we not have such a CM in Mabinogi?
    And today to know that he was let go, I can't express how much saddens me that the person who was making a difference to an extent of being heard of all the way in another game he was not the CM for, was fired.
    Makes me stop and think, what is the future of Nexon North America? So much incompetence inside it, a person who doesn't even know you can't refill Psychic Points with MANA potions doing a stream? Really?

KThxBaiNao, I wish there were people more like you working in Nexon. More people who cared about players and knew what was affecting them because of them being a player for years, experiencing first hand the bugs, glitches, issues but had that friendly aura and knew how to have fun and spread it across, pulling people together.

You will be missed. Will never forget the Pink Bean pajama you had on and how you danced across the office. Must've been really fun.
    TheNyanCat
  • TheBadGuyTheBadGuy
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I smell a Nexit.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited December 2016
    Toxic
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    IzzyKuroNeko

incompetence inside it, a person who doesn't even know you can't refill Psychic Points with MANA potions doing a stream? Really?
    Well honestly this game has needed a major revival for years but at this point it's gotten so bad that if it doesn't have some kind of change it won't have a future. I thought them getting away with extending their maintenances several hours every time they have a maintenance was bad but now they fire someone who literally did nothing wrong, I mean that's mind blowing. I don't know why people still manage to buy nx with the kind of company Nexon is. I don't take the game seriously anymore and I only log in to get the free gifts or AFK all day.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    good job firing your only competent employee

i would love to see you lose more players and run your game to the ground

your monkey staves cant make the right decisions and have no idea what they are doing

the V preview stream said it all, complete moron running both the support team and dev (lol you dont develop sh!t btw)team
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited December 2016
    OMG!! He is nice and funny. The last time i saw hin was on Twitch with that stingy bald guy. He wanted to give like 20K NX , but that guy forbid him and let him to give only 5K. Lol..I guess Nexon didn't like a good guy in the team.

You will be missed KthxBaiNao!
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

OMG!! He is nice and funny. The last time i saw hin was on Twitch with that stingy bald guy. He wanted to give like 20K NX , but that guy forbid him and let him to give only 5K. Lol..I guess Nexon didn't like a good guy in the team.

You will be missed KthxBaiNao!
    Pretty sure 90% of Maplestory's Nexon staff are stingy.
  • FadedFaded
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Lucsean99
    Lucsean99 said:

Sam016
    Sam016 said:

Maybe related to this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5gocuh/lost_motivation_to_continue_playing_thanks_nexon/

Either way if Nexon got rid of him, it's the worse decision they could do...
    That website has a lot of irrelevant illegal activity that Nexon(NA) doesn't want any part in with. So in other terms he overstepped his duties, but in all honesty it was a trust issue. "You can't spread our devs info onto any 3rd party site", I highly doubt he would ever spill devs codes to 3rd party sites.

We know who's paranoid.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

r/maplestory is a fansite (for lack of a better term) that devs should be actively frequenting and using to communicate with their playerbase. I can think of numerous games ( League of Legends, Overwatch, Planetside 2, and many more) where devs ( or at the very least a CM) use reddit as much ( if not more often) than their own game's forum. I can't even fathom how you can possibly think the maplestory subreddit is a place of 'irrelevant illegal activity'.

If Nexon can't trust its own employees when they're doing an outstanding job, then there's something really rotten up the chain.

Also, I don't think you really understand how much information a CM has access too. A CM doesn't do any software development ( and I have a hunch that neither does anyone at Nexon NA), so they wouldn't have any 'code to spill' regardless. Again, I believe that if Nexon can't trust its own employees, then the problem is in their management.
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    Sam016
    Sam016 said:

Maybe related to this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5gocuh/lost_motivation_to_continue_playing_thanks_nexon/

i suspected the same
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    Faded
    Faded said:

Lucsean99
    Lucsean99 said:

Sam016
    Sam016 said:

Maybe related to this?

That website has a lot of irrelevant illegal activity that Nexon(NA) doesn't want any part in with. So in other terms he overstepped his duties, but in all honesty it was a trust issue. "You can't spread our devs info onto any 3rd party site", I highly doubt he would ever spill devs codes to 3rd party sites.

We know who's paranoid.

r/maplestory is a fansite (for lack of a better term) that devs should be actively frequenting and using to communicate with their playerbase. I can think of numerous games ( League of Legends, Overwatch, Planetside 2, and many more) where devs ( or at the very least a CM) use reddit as much ( if not more often) than their own game's forum. I can't even fathom how you can possibly think the maplestory subreddit is a place of 'irrelevant illegal activity'.

If Nexon can't trust its own employees when they're doing an outstanding job, then there's something really rotten up the chain.

Also, I don't think you really understand how much information a CM has access too. A CM doesn't do any software development ( and I have a hunch that neither does anyone at Nexon NA), so they wouldn't have any 'code to spill' regardless. Again, I believe that if Nexon can't trust its own employees, then the problem is in their management.
    r/maplestory is an incredibly toxic community. One of the absolute worst I have ever seen, Maple related or otherwise. Its no wonder the devs stay so far away from it. I would too if I ran a game and had a community like that that wanted to talk to me
    MageOfBattles
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    That's pure speculation, and I'm surprised the mods haven't deleted that post yet
  • EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

Faded
    Faded said:

Lucsean99
    Lucsean99 said:

Sam016
    Sam016 said:

Maybe related to this?

We know who's paranoid.

r/maplestory is an incredibly toxic community. One of the absolute worst I have ever seen, Maple related or otherwise. Its no wonder the devs stay so far away from it. I would too if I ran a game and had a community like that that wanted to talk to me
    maplestory.nexon.net/community/fan-sites

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Dreamllusion