[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    just saying, basil has the most toxic community. filled to the brim with absolute degenerates. then reddit.
    Tuba
  • WontwanWontwan
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Nexon stomping on the player base like always.....
  • FadedFaded
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

r/maplestory is an incredibly toxic community. One of the absolute worst I have ever seen, Maple related or otherwise. Its no wonder the devs stay so far away from it. I would too if I ran a game and had a community like that that wanted to talk to me

You're probably in the minority if you think that. It's a different culture than this forum, yes, but it's not any more or less toxic.

It also seems to me as if r/maplestory is just as active as these forums, and it would be completely ridiculous for a CM to ignore such a large portion of the community. The devs stay far away from it because the devs hardly interact with the community period. I hardly see devs on the forums either.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited December 2016
    As a quick note regarding the Code of Conduct, I didn't change the wording in that at all, I just re-posted it (KTBN originally posted it) to gain higher visibility. That CoC has been in place since the day we launched these new forums.
    NeospectorInvulgoDaleth
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

As a quick note regarding the Code of Conduct, I didn't change the wording in that at all, I just re-posted it (KTBN originally posted it) to gain higher visibility. That CoC has been in place since the day we launched these new forums.
    With the exception of the addition of the statement that the Community Manager does not, and cannot, help with support-related issues.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

With the exception of the addition of the statement that the Community Manager does not, and cannot, help with support-related issues.
    That was already in the CoC, and As stated above, I literally copy/pasted what was already there. You can actually still see a copy of it, since KTBN posted it twice, I only replaced one of them for better visibility >> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/7/code-of-conduct#latest

JettLuvsUDaleth
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Hrm, alright, I was mistaken then.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Not only that, but it was in the CoC in the old forums as well: http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1231168-Nexon-Forums-Code-of-Conduct

I suspect it's been there in the previous forums, too. I certainly remember Hime telling people who asked for her help that she could do nothing and they should log a ticket (and this was at the time when tickets never got answered). The line isn't there to forbid the CM from helping people, it's to prevent people from asking for help on personal issues.

• ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    I want to disavow this immediately. It's just piss poor information from people who have no information. The community manager has no direct method of solving issues in the game, they don't have GM commands and the such. They do have the capability to escalate a problem to the appropriate department, which is in fact their job. Normally they have to have a ticket point as reference and a receipt of conclusion.

People only speculate this because it was the last action he did.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    That's fine, doesn't change how toxic that community is. And as someone who used Basil market for years, leaving just a few months after Mr Basil revamped the site for the 10th anniversary, its nowhere near as toxic as the subreddit is. the subreddit is a cesspool of toxicity.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry to see him leave, he seemed lovely when I had a small chat with him.
    All we can do is look to the future and hope the next CM is also lovely.
  • IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

I don't know why people still manage to buy nx with the kind of company Nexon is.
    Thanks God I don't even buy NX, not like I can but at this point if I could, I wouldn't. No desire to support a company like this.
    The NX I've gotten before was won through Mabinogi forum contests.
    Tuba
  • DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    Reactions: 1,640
    edited December 2016
    wow nexon at least give us a reason
  • EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

That's fine, doesn't change how toxic that community is. And as someone who used Basil market for years, leaving just a few months after Mr Basil revamped the site for the 10th anniversary, its nowhere near as toxic as the subreddit is. the subreddit is a cesspool of toxicity.
    Oh I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't toxic, nor will I agree that it is because there are decent and non decent people in every community. I just meant that as a response to you saying that they stay away from it as in they wouldn't have it on the website if they didn't like it as there are alternatives.
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited December 2016
    Probably got fired because he was actually competent, unlike "Refill Kinesis PP with mana potions" Nexon.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    IzzyKuroNeko

Tuba
    Tuba said:

I don't know why people still manage to buy nx with the kind of company Nexon is.
    Thanks God I don't even buy NX, not like I can but at this point if I could, I wouldn't. No desire to support a company like this.
    The NX I've gotten before was won through Mabinogi forum contests.
    Yeah it sucks because I really wanted a mix dye coupon for my pirate, but I kept telling myself it's not worth it. Considering how Nexon doesn't stay true to it's words. An example being the Haunted Mansion bug, because week before the event was over I sent in a ticket asking if the players who got bugged would get compensation I was told if they can't fit it before the event ends, they would hand out compensation to the players who were bugged, so a few days ago I sent in a follow up ticket to see the progress and now they are saying "we are looking into it and compensation is not guaranteed." Yeah because handing out compensation for one quest takes several months. Yup not buying nx from these snakes lmao.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Yeah it sucks because I really wanted a mix dye coupon for my pirate, but I kept telling myself it's not worth it.
    Save up the Maple Points they give us for hot weeks and other events, and soon you'll have enough for that coupon.
    And it might not even be bugged by then.
  • KoiKoi
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    It's always sad to hear about someone losing their job- especially around the holidays. Hoping KThxBaiNao and his family have a splendid holidays despite this dreary news.
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

Reddit is literally just toxic redefined, don't expect anything else so you can be pleasantly surprised when something with a drinkable PH level comes out.
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    Also, why did he get fired? like, I thought he was a neat guy! He never responded to my steam friend request which broke the deepest abyssal part of my dark soul -- but other than that he was nice, well mannered, and a fun guy! (jk I know he had his private life separate from work)

I feel that he will be deeply missed, and whoever replaces him has some pretty big shoes to fill.