[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding The Twitch Stream...

BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
Reactions: 3,415
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Well, first thing is first, which are the positives.

I'm pretty happy with seeing some more of an inside look of the content that is to come. I'm also happy with some of the confirmations they gave us about the big problems going on right now, such as the extreme lag issues, which are apparently being addressed as we speak. Things look promising on that front after what was said, and I am being hopeful about it.

Also, I really long to see Gollux return, and I'm sure I am not alone with that sentiment. I'm glad they acknowledged that they are working on fixing that boss.

However, let me get right to this- I am NOT happy AT ALL with the dodgy answer given about the unreasonable limit on V coins from the Santa boxes. A lot of people, in fact most every one I know and have seen on these forums, felt extremely cheated because of the change they put in place, and I felt we deserved a better answer than the "because reasons" answer we were given. One of the main reasons I felt compelled to watch the stream was to see if they would have the balls to address that problem.

After a bit of obvious mental fishing for *something/anything* to throw out there, we were given this- that it was put in place so that we, as players, "would focus on other events instead of just that one" in so many words. But, over the last few days, the Santa boxes/V coin shop WAS THE MAIN EVENT THAT EVERY ONE CARED GREATLY ABOUT AND WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST! The annual traditional Maplemas content is the sole reason I returned, and I did not even know about the fifth job 'till I re-installed and logged in, only to be met with this big "V" flashy video in my face. Again, I do not think the whole unlimited coins thing was really a great option, but the 10 coins a day thing was a very insulting nerf that had a huge backlash and was quite unreasonable.

I just do not get it, guys. Even when the majority of players are severely discontent with such a nerf and have endlessly voiced it, why is Nexon still not willing to give players what they want during these sort of special events, or at least given an honest straight-forward answer as to why they don't want to give something back to their loyal players for even bothering to still log in? Between last year and now, the only thing I can deduce right now is resent toward players for something that was THEIR FAULT in the first place. If they mean otherwise, they need to do much better with their justification of such changes and quit giving us the silent treatment and these crappy invalid excuses.

EDIT: INB4 "there are more V coin events coming, so chill T F out" I get that and I truly hope they redeem us for the mistake they made. I still just wanted to see a better PR type response from Nexon's representatives than what we were given!
XenolithDCeleste123Catoooloooclon987KMFWarame

Comments

• AceWilliamzAceWilliamz
    Reactions: 545
    edited December 2016
    They completely misunderstood why people were upset. We aren't mad because there is a limit, we are made because the limit is 10. It makes no sense that you can currently get 40 coins a day when vengeful stones are 60 coins AND the daily limit is 3 a day so they expect us to be able to spend 180 coins a day. Do they honestly don't see a problem with that?

They said more v coin events are coming then that would make this whole week pointless for trying to get v coins.
    LairBooberpuppy
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The also said the shop is there til January, but didn't mention that it's essentially a different shop. The items in the first season of the shop will be gone in less than two weeks. So unless there's something starting tomorrow that gives a LOT of coins, that's a lot of stuff we can never get.
    LairBooberpuppy
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    AceWilliamz

They completely misunderstood why people were upset. We aren't mad because there is a limit, we are made because the limit is 10. It makes no sense that you can currently get 40 coins a day when vengeful stones are 60 coins AND the daily limit is 3 a day so they expect us to be able to spend 180 coins a day. Do they honestly don't see a problem with that?

They said more v coin events are coming then that would make this whole week pointless for trying to get v coins.
    ^ Exactly true. It was just WAY TOO MUCH of a nerf. I see the new V boxes give 60/day now at least, but I think we still need more sources of V coins in order to find satisfaction. I don't mind working for the coins a little bit, I just hated how they spitefully pulled the rug completely out from underneath their players without a heads-up like the damn grinch this holiday season, for the second year in a row.