[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dislike button?

PawsaruPawsaru
Reactions: 740
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Sadly nexon only gives us the option to "like or insightful" someone, and theres no way to "Dislike" a comment other then reporting it, so instead of reporting, I believe nexon should put a dislike button for the forms, and/or a button that ppl can say if you're a troll/jerk or not. just happy wishing lol

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    And then, much like reddit, everyone will see a comment with a few "dislikes" and bandwagon on it with even more. If you don't like someone's post then that's you. You don't need to announce to the whole world "hey I think this guy is a twat!"
    BooberpuppyJettLuvsU
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    Do you have any idea how many dislikes I would get?
    JettLuvsUVekiloCatooolooo
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I'd much rather see someone's typed out statement about why they dislike what I had to say in a post. Constructive criticism can be a good thing.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited December 2016
    We actually had the dislike function for the first iteration of these forums, and just as you've all imagined above, it was abused pretty heavily. #canthavenicethings
    JettLuvsUCatooolooo
  • HanahanaharuHanahanaharu
    Reactions: 515
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

We actually had the dislike function for the first iteration of these forums, and just as you've all imagined above, it was abused pretty heavily. #canthavenicethings
    That's because people really don't like it...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

I'd much rather see someone's typed out statement about why they dislike what I had to say in a post. Constructive criticism can be a good thing.
    Exactly.

"Like" means "I agree, and have nothing to add (because the poster already said my reasons)".
    But "Dislike" means, "I disagree, and I can't even be bothered to explain why." At best, that's useless. At worst, it's offensive.

If someone is trolling, report them.
    If they're stating an honest opinion you disagree with, either ignore it or explain why you think it's wrong.