[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

The game is currently unplayable! it is lagging too hard. FIX IT NOW
    It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Man...Lag lag...I just crashed.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited December 2016
    fix da lag!!!
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Edit: Never mind it just lagged for me. I lagged so bad I couldn't even use Heal or even Angel Ray no matter how I mashed the button even though I could move and the monsters could move and attack and I died -_-
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    PhoenixKumo

Edit: Never mind it just lagged for me. I lagged so bad I couldn't even use Heal or even Angel Ray no matter how I mashed the button even though I could move and the monsters could move and attack and I died -_-
    Lol...you the Bishop we lost in FES2? :p
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    I don't need excuses or reasons why its laggy and i know its not easy to fix it. But still Fix It! NOW! or get someone else to do it.
  • CalwynCalwyn
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    My lag was so bad earlier that dojo spawns took anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds. I've never had lag like I've had today. Ever.
    Bossing is currently not possible, it's made worse by Mihile being a class that needs good ping to survive attacks on reaction. :(
    Hopefully something is done about this. It's the 2-3 second game freezes that are killing me.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I hate to say it, because I wish it would actually work like a miracle to make a wish and make it all go away instantly. But no matter what, bellyaching over the lag on this forum and demanding sudden change and I mean right f-ing NAO will do zilch to solve the issue. Begging will not help either. I know.

Do what I do, if you possibly can, and play during less busy times. That is your only real hope to alleviate the lag issue from the high population. I'm guessing this is one of the absolute busiest nights/weekends in the history of Maplestory, because every one and their mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, uncle, friend, friend of friend, friend of friend of friend, pet, and lowly insect within 1,000 yards of all the aforementioned wants to test their 5th job ablities, take a crack at the new holiday content, and take advantage of the 2x EXP weekend on top of that ungodly mess.

You're gonna have to deal with some nearly intolerable lag if you play right now, and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it sadly. And right now, nothing Nexon can do about it, either. They already set up the events for this catastrophic funnel to everything new happening all at once. The floodgate is open...gonna have to let it run its course.

Even worse, they plugged this in during the most popular annual event of the game, which is the Maplemas content, where a lot more people are on vacation, off school, off work for a good couple weeks or more. That is my theory on why it is so very bad with overcrowding right now. I can only imagine how bad it would be if they had not already taken additional measures to try and alleviate some of the extreme traffic they are getting right now.

Also, remember this- if you are trying to play right now, you are as much a part of the problem you are whining about as any one else logged in.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    I'm glad I only during night time in NA.

I sleep during the day and play Maple during the night.

Novasiri
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

I hate to say it, because I wish it would actually work like a miracle to make a wish and make it all go away instantly. But no matter what, bellyaching over the lag on this forum and demanding sudden change and I mean right f-ing NAO will do zilch to solve the issue. Begging will not help either. I know.

Do what I do, if you possibly can, and play during less busy times. That is your only real hope to alleviate the lag issue from the high population. I'm guessing this is one of the absolute busiest nights/weekends in the history of Maplestory, because every one and their mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, uncle, friend, friend of friend, friend of friend of friend, pet, and lowly insect within 1,000 yards of all the aforementioned wants to test their 5th job ablities, take a crack at the new holiday content, and take advantage of the 2x EXP weekend on top of that ungodly mess.

You're gonna have to deal with some nearly intolerable lag if you play right now, and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it sadly. And right now, nothing Nexon can do about it, either. They already set up the events for this catastrophic funnel to everything new happening all at once. The floodgate is open...gonna have to let it run its course.

Even worse, they plugged this in during the most popular annual event of the game, which is the Maplemas content, where a lot more people are on vacation, off school, off work for a good couple weeks or more. That is my theory on why it is so very bad with overcrowding right now. I can only imagine how bad it would be if they had not already taken additional measures to try and alleviate some of the extreme traffic they are getting right now.

Also, remember this- if you are trying to play right now, you are as much a part of the problem you are whining about as any one else logged in.
    Just like to add in, while that may be true doesn't mean we should stay quiet. The extent of complaining should be within reason.

Also remember that not everyone has as much as free time as everyone else. Not everyone has free time during peak hours.

Well I mean if you don't want people to play the game, that's a big loss for such a massive update like this. That's how you drive out customers instead of attracting them. Sure maybe their request "now, do it now!" would be inappropriate, but "shooing" them is also not right.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

PhoenixKumo

Lol...you the Bishop we lost in FES2? :p
    ??? I have no idea what you mean?

Try cc'ing. Some channels run more smoothly than others.
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    Out of all the MMO games similar to maple story that i played, it is the only game that lags. Why? Why does other video game company are lag free but Maple has lag?
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    Lag issues are not fixed even on non peak hours. I wish they'd just kick reboot off the network and put it on it's own.
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty 17 servers its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

• TsubukiTsubuki
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    The perfect plan is to make it lag so bad that the people who come to try Maple will quit because their first impression is that the lag is typically like this. This also shakes out the players who were considering becoming a long term player. By having less players the servers won't stress so much leading to a smoother gameplay. At that point Nexon doesn't have to do anything, it fixes itself. Just like Tree of Savior.
  • UrrLUrrL
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    They should just not hold a 2x exp event in the first place if they're lagging this bad. ffs they experience these type of problems so many time in the past. Yet they still do this... With a lag this bad, the time you kill a monster in an event = to the time you kill 3x as much in regularly. They should just give us a 6x exp coupon instead. Less maintenance, less stress on the server. Problem solved.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2016
    LoL, I just got that GM´-hackpolice message again, but this time I can totally understand it:

Anybody who is able to move just a little bit in this historic lag event should be under inspection of the hack-poliuce =)

Maybe we will be able to make some movements when the 2x is over.
    And better inform all your buddies not to waste money on 2xcoupons till we get a fix.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    15 min ago hardcore lag started and grinding makes me shout and curse IRL.
    this is a serious problem. because it was normal before that. what is happening? ddos attack?

edit: the next moment it ends. after 2x is over, so is lag. >:/ i hope nexon investigates it
  • EyeCalled2UEyeCalled2U
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    lag is so bad i cant enter cash shop to get my nx throwing star rip D:
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty channels its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

Making a new server won't fix the lag issue. That never fixes the issue. Why you ask? Because players won't go to it. They'll go the most populated server instead of the new server. Then the lag issue turns into a player caused issue rather than a Nexon problem.

I'm also not making excuses for them. I've been around the mmo genre for quite some time now and speaking from experience. There is no sudden fix for lag nor is there a cheap way to fix the lag either. It cost money and takes quite some time.

Ultimately you either need to be patient and let the lag run its course, wait for a patch that MIGHT fix it or just quit. Demanding a fix is childish and does nothing, but get yourself ignored by the developers and by the community.