[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nodestones in arcane maps

DarkMagicianDarkMagician
Reactions: 550
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Increase the droprate of nodestones please ! The current droprate is insanely low and in a daily life, we will have to work etc. There is no chance that many of us who doesnt have drop gear can grind those nodestones. Its almost impossible! We only find like 2-3 stones per hour which is crazy low!

Suggestion: Increase droprate of nodestones in arcane maps! :)
ChimChimchaoscauserleidymShusuiMrjovoni

Comments

• HanahanaharuHanahanaharu
    Reactions: 515
    edited December 2016
    instead of drop of it why not get it from daily quest or event something... that's way friendly to low range player. My main use less than 1 hour to finish the vanish journal but my hero (400k range) using almost 6 hours... so it's impossible for lower range player to farm the stone. so the best way is offer more way to obtain it...
    SlicedTime
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    the droprate is low
    it needs boosting
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    droprate for nodestones are fine. It's the arcane symbols that is extremely low, but it's ok because you can get 8 per day by doing daily quest that takes like a minute each.
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

droprate for nodestones are fine. It's the arcane symbols that is extremely low, but it's ok because you can get 8 per day by doing daily quest that takes like a minute each.
    If you can finish each daily in 1 min I assume you're funded because it takes me 4-6 hits to kill each mob on Reboot with 1.5m range as a DB, the drop rate for nodestones aren't fine because I got only 10 while farming for a whole level (208 to 209) on 2x and 4x drop rate.

@DarkMagician they increased the nodes drop rate for Reboot on the new KMST patch so we just have to wait 6 months so we get the patch.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

dude, you can quest for the arcane symbols easily every day, there is no quest for nodestones + they have a low drop rate
  • ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    The only one who benefits from the nodestone drops are the people who

1ko a full mob of monsters
    have frenzy totem
    top tier item drop % potentials

there are people that can do all those 3 things and they get a whooping 75+ nodestones and 10-20 arcane stones in a 2-4 hour 2x drop event.

My opinion? I find that unfair for the unfunded, like a slap in the face to the low range players who are back to the game or existing players trying to make themselves stronger in the game. But it seems that the benefit is for the elitists that now sells tons of pieces for 200m+ each since they have too many of the nodestones that can even use for selling and using for their own. Conclusion? This is making the already godly funded players even more rich as well creating an abysmal gap between the top players and the returning/lowfunded players.

I agree that there should be a way that even low range players could benefit of also getting a decent amount of nodestones. Like a daily quest? a pq? more events that gives nodestones? making monsters drop some node fragments pieces to compensate for the whole nodestone rare drop rate? I'd like more nodestone events. Those were nice and everyone could obtain nodestone fragments daily. As for the arcane symbols, its quite nice there is a daily quest to obtain them! :)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016
    ExtrasenseBera

But it seems that the benefit is for the elitists that now sells tons of pieces for 200m+ each since they have too many of the nodestones that can even use for selling and using for their own.
    Um.. what? you cant sell nodestones, they aren't tradable, they are "movable through account" only
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016
    5th job isn't meant to be streamlined. It's endgame content that has been intentionally set up to take you a LONG time to max out, if the job advancement alone didn't make it obvious, they want to make 5th job last a very, VERY long time.
    Booberpuppygenji123KokeeIvangold
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

ExtrasenseBera

But it seems that the benefit is for the elitists that now sells tons of pieces for 200m+ each since they have too many of the nodestones that can even use for selling and using for their own.
    Um.. what? you cant sell nodestones, they aren't tradable, they are "movable through account" only
    You can sell the ones you craft. From nodes you disassembled. Yes, they have that many excess nodes.
    CatoooloooTanya
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Catooolooo

ExtrasenseBera

You can sell the ones you craft. From nodes you disassembled. Yes, they have that many excess nodes.
    wow..
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    ExtrasenseBera

The only one who benefits from the nodestone drops are the people who

1ko a full mob of monsters
    have frenzy totem
    top tier item drop % potentials

there are people that can do all those 3 things and they get a whooping 75+ nodestones and 10-20 arcane stones in a 2-4 hour 2x drop event.

My opinion? I find that unfair for the unfunded, like a slap in the face to the low range players who are back to the game or existing players trying to make themselves stronger in the game. But it seems that the benefit is for the elitists that now sells tons of pieces for 200m+ each since they have too many of the nodestones that can even use for selling and using for their own. Conclusion? This is making the already godly funded players even more rich as well creating an abysmal gap between the top players and the returning/lowfunded players.

I agree that there should be a way that even low range players could benefit of also getting a decent amount of nodestones. Like a daily quest? a pq? more events that gives nodestones? making monsters drop some node fragments pieces to compensate for the whole nodestone rare drop rate? I'd like more nodestone events. Those were nice and everyone could obtain nodestone fragments daily. As for the arcane symbols, its quite nice there is a daily quest to obtain them! :)
    This has always been the case in every MMO. People who know what they are doing, keep up to date with Korean patches and information and know when to invest always progress further and faster. It's the same in real life. Even if they were to increase the drop rate slightly it would still benefit the people you mentioned mostly.

Unfunded are generally casuals and people who cannot spend much time on the game anyway. It's never going to be fair for the unfunded because the funded are generally people with a lot more money and a lot more time and thus progress a lot faster. If anything they should add a small daily quest to obtain 10 like they have with the Arcane symbols.
    Porter
  • AmbrosialAmbrosial
    Reactions: 260
    edited December 2016
    I like the current system. It's perfect.
    The higher rarity, the more rewarding when the items finally drop.
    AlexisShion
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    Eh they will be sold in the CS next week so just hang in there. 100 for 20k I think is what they said.
  • VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited December 2016
    I have gotten 8 arcane symbols, and only 13 nodestones as drops. Why are they so low!?
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    Make it Lower!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Shusui
    Shusui said:

genji123
    genji123 said:

If you can finish each daily in 1 min I assume you're funded because it takes me 4-6 hits to kill each mob on Reboot with 1.5m range as a DB, the drop rate for nodestones aren't fine because I got only 10 while farming for a whole level (208 to 209) on 2x and 4x drop rate.

@DarkMagician they increased the nodes drop rate for Reboot on the new KMST patch so we just have to wait 6 months so we get the patch.
    Unfunded here, 850k range Shade on GRAZED. I can two-shot anything that I have enough Arcane Power to get around the damage penalty.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

This has always been the case in every MMO. People who know what they are doing, keep up to date with Korean patches and information and know when to invest always progress further and faster. It's the same in real life. Even if they were to increase the drop rate slightly it would still benefit the people you mentioned mostly.

Unfunded are generally casuals and people who cannot spend much time on the game anyway. It's never going to be fair for the unfunded because the funded are generally people with a lot more money and a lot more time and thus progress a lot faster. If anything they should add a small daily quest to obtain 10 like they have with the Arcane symbols.
    If you invest some time in to raising your drop rate, isn't too bad, really. There will always be a separation between elite players and casuals, especially on the P2W servers. I think Reboot still does quite well to reward those who put in the time and effort versus casuals who come back for events only. You can tell who is who when you get out there in the field and listen to their banter.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    I also vote for an increase to nodestone's drop rate. (arcane symbol drop rate is acceptable since they're from quests)

I might be funded, and have kanna spawning help, AND I can kill an entire map every few seconds, and even I find that the stone drop rate is insanely low - only people who have like 200% drop rate can efficiently farm nodestones (and those guys DON'T kill an entire map every few seconds and can manage like 90 nodestones during 2x)
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    mon0
    mon0 said:

Eh they will be sold in the CS next week so just hang in there. 100 for 20k I think is what they said.
    For reals? I would rather buy 100 nodestones for 20k than spend that on a pack of cubes.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016
    I agree there should be another way to acquire them than hunting. Maybe an exchange system for x amount of fragments instead of just hoping for it to drop. As it is, if you don't have drop gear well boohoo. While the ones who do are overflowing with them so much so that they can disassemble and sell several at once.