[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[EVENT] Burning character "Request Failed"

Comments

• MianMian
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    The event is almost over and I couldn't create my new character w/ burning project...this is sad :(
  • DualonicalDualonical
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Thank you very much Nexon. Excellent Customer Service!
    XenolithD
  • DoubleTeaseDoubleTease
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    "Only one character on your account can have the “Burning” effect. If you delete the chosen character, you can select another character to have the effect."

So just a heads up just in case its not just me which i highly doubt it will be/is just like Season 1, Season 2 if you delete a Burn Character to make a new one you will get the Request Failed Pop Up. SO just saying, WAIT or THINK before you burn a new character, I'd say the latter because waiting for a fix wont happen just like it didnt happen for Season 1.
  • VelkahnVelkahn
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    It is still happening, Burn>Delete>Try to burn another character>Get "Request Failed" for the rest of the event.
  • DeadlusDeadlus
    edited December 2016
    When I try to make a burning char i get the error Request Failed, if there is a fix id love to know, if not well Nexon plz fix
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Did you already make a burning character (in the new event) and then delete it?
  • DeadlusDeadlus
    edited December 2016
    AKradian i did, but i wouldn't think that would cause it to happen
  • DeadlusDeadlus
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Did you already make a burning character (in the new event) and then delete it?
    I didnt think that would cause me not to be able to make a burning char

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It shouldn't have, but it did. People reported the same issue in the last Mega Burning Project, but of course Nexon hasn't fixed it. And they still write in the Update Notes and in the game that if you want to burn another character you need to delete the current one...

Although, I think some user wrote that they were able to burn a new character after 24 hours. So maybe try again tomorrow?
  • DeadlusDeadlus
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

It shouldn't have, but it did. People reported the same issue in the last Mega Burning Project, but of course Nexon hasn't fixed it. And they still write in the Update Notes and in the game that if you want to burn another character you need to delete the current one...

Although, I think some user wrote that they were able to burn a new character after 24 hours. So maybe try again tomorrow?
    I'll definitely try, i just hope this isn't a consistent bug that lasts the entire event
  • RyukuRyuku
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    I tried burning a character on my account and it goes ahead and tells me that the request failed... FIX THIS.
    Your event specifically says, "Only one character on your account can have the “Burning” effect. If you delete the chosen character, you can select another character to have the effect."
    I deleted my other character, THEREFORE, I should have the ability to create another burning character.
  • RyukuRyuku
    edited December 2016
    I tried burning a character on my account and it goes ahead and tells me that the request failed... FIX THIS.
    Your event specifically says, "Only one character on your account can have the “Burning” effect. If you delete the chosen character, you can select another character to have the effect."
    I deleted my other character, THEREFORE, I should have the ability to create another burning character.

Anyone else have this problem and manage to fix it?
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    As far as I know you never could remake a burning Character if you deleted it.
    It's once per account.
  • RyukuRyuku
    edited December 2016
    Technically, you should be able to. Their event page legit says that you can. I just found an article stating that Nexon has known about this issue for over a month and basically has taken 0 effort to actually fixing it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, this is a glitch we kinda knew about. So like...I got lucky and could remake my burning char :T
  • XerauxXeraux
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    So if it works according to plan you delete your burning and just click another one of your characters into burninghood? (more keystrokes ofc but that's the idea?)
    I thought you had to create a new character and select them to burn.
  • MysteryBabeMysteryBabe
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I am also having the same problem. Decided I would like to burn a different class so I deleted the burning character. Now it tells me request failed when trying to burn a new character.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    mon0
    mon0 said:

As far as I know you never could remake a burning Character if you deleted it.
    It's once per account.
    you always could. You always could delete your burning and make another.
    Burning event is glitched just like everything else with this stupid game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xeraux
    Xeraux said:

: "So if it works according to plan you delete your burning and just click another one of your characters into burninghood? (more keystrokes ofc but that's the idea?)
    I thought you had to create a new character and select them to burn."
    No, for this particular event you have to select burning at character creation.
    Even if it works the way they say, deleting your burning character will only enable you to burn another character *at creation*.
  • RyukuRyuku
    edited December 2016
    This is ridiculous though. They literally have a thing that says that they basically have known about this issue since 11/30 and yet have not patched it. So useless. Absolutely useless.