[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• ZanSenpaiZanSenpai
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited January 2017
    ZanSenpai / lv 235 / Zero / Broa / 1st Jan 2017 8:30pm PST

happened after went into a portal to private channel to Magnus lobby area
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    RyotaKisè/Level 226/Kaiser/Renegades/1 Jan 2017 (On friggin new year, so much for Happy new year)/ Open 336 nodes, dced and never got to come back ;(
  • EtherealM5EtherealM5
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    EtherealM5 / lv 250 / Bowmaster / Khaini / 2nd Jan 2017 10:30am PST

Went into cash shop to check price of something. game went black screen and stayed like that forever. knew it was doomed so i had to close it eventually. now unable to log in

This was in the middle of 2x so i was farming, i was probably approaching the nearly full mark but that usually takes about 40 minutes of farming so i was almost maxed out. the day before i hit cap max number of nodes but i dissassembled almost everything to the point where i probably had about 20 nodes lying around. i only had about 90 nodestones in my inventory.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    Shîon / Lv226 / Evan / Luna / 2nd Jan 2017 01:59am EST

Right after I maxed 4 Enhancement Nodes (Lv25) and went to sell the rest on Auction house, I got stuck after exiting the AH. Black screen for 5mins till I decided to close the client. When I restarted the client and selected my character, after the PIN nothing happened. Had to restart the client to try to log on another character, and every char could be logged but my Evan. So yeah gg
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited January 2017
    Hey all,

I've made the team aware of this thread, and we're looking into it. Unfortunately, I have no other info at this time, but wanted to at least provide this update.
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all,

I've made the team aware of this thread, and we're looking into it. Unfortunately, I have no other info at this time, but wanted to at least provide this update.
    So no update?
    Its been over a week for some people and the only thing you post is a post with no update.

+1

We already know the "team" has been made aware of this - that's the only thing your various support channels have been telling people.

Classic nixon

Some people been stuck for over two weeks

At least if a content is bugged we can just do something else. With this bug, we can't even log in to do anything.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    ----------------
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all,

----------------

Thanks for the post OneLetter. Ideally what I'd really like to hear is:
    "We understand that your main characters are stuck and we are treating this as a priority item to address as soon as possible."

If it were a random character that was stuck I wouldn't really mind waiting... but the problem is, we're talking about my main character. I'm effectively banned from the game right now. I've been working forward to Lachelein for weeks now, so this is quite possibly the worst time for this to happen. On top of that, training spots are somewhat competitive, at least in Scania, so I'm also missing out on Arcane Force that I could have had if I had been able to complete my daily quests.

Anyway, it's not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the post anyway ^^
  • BrokenTardisBrokenTardis
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    hmm sounds like the fredrick glitch which im still anxiously waiting for an update other than its been sent to the team. guess all of us need to now drop more $ to make new mains... well played nexon
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited January 2017
    A similar glitch happened to players around 3 years back around this time. Whenever you tried to login to your main, you would crash and be left with an error message. Players started getting the error around November and it took Nexon till February on the following year to fix it. None of us received compensation in any form. Pretty sure it already is a priority issue and it will take a while to fix along with all the other high priority issues that still haven't been fixed.
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    Nice update. Pretty much the same useless crap live chat told me 2 weeks ago. Keep it up. You will kill the game.

To those who are currently stuck, are you ready to receive a few 30min 2x coupons that expires in one day for compensation? ;)
    Keysless
  • CaravelaCaravela
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all,

I've been locked out of my main character for almost 3 weeks now. Not only did I miss DMT to upgrade his items, Christmas and new years events on my main, but collecting V coins daily, arcane symbol and node farming, and many of my time limited NX items expired. Its getting a bit ridiculous at this point that a fix hasn't come out.

• MewsMews
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    Yea, it's truly unfortunate that they still haven't found a fix i'm in belief they didn't start looking into this until this week after all the holidays. Or this issue has truly stumped them. The only thing we can hope for is a maintenance this upcoming Thursday to address the issue or at least apply a fix, hopefully.
  • CSOIMPCSOIMP
    edited January 2017
    Looking at all the characters posted on the first page, everyone being 200+ and frequent players, I am guessing this issue has something to do with character data. Maybe each character is allotted a certain amount of data in the server and that limit has been reached; preventing additional date from being written, which causes the character to not load. The date limit could be attributed to any number of factors, such as level/nodes/buffs/items/etc.
    Hopefully it gets fixed soon because this really is like getting banned.
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited January 2017
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all,

If you have no other info then please don't say anything. This was already forwarded to the team by many of the live chat techs.

• AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    Lets bet! how long are we going to be stuck?

How crappy are going to be the compensation?

Place your bets!

I say a month and 0 compensation
  • CSOIMPCSOIMP
    edited January 2017
    I think if they don't fix this within the next week or two, they will never fix it. Or it's beyond their ability to fix, which is a shame since I think this issue shouldn't be hard to debug at all.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    ----------
    CSOIMP
    CSOIMP said:

I think if they don't fix this within the next week or two, they will never fix it. Or it's beyond their ability to fix, which is a shame since I think this issue shouldn't be hard to debug at all.
    ----------

It seems like more people are getting affected by this issue, and these people seem like players that spend a considerable amount of time on MapleStory.

I don't see how they could just ignore it... that would be horrible.
  • KeyslessKeysless
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2017
    adgn
    adgn said:

Nice update. Pretty much the same useless crap live chat told me 2 weeks ago. Keep it up. You will kill the game.

To those who are currently stuck, are you ready to receive a few 30min 2x coupons that expires in one day for compensation? ;)
    Maybe 15min 2x coupons

• FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited January 2017
    ShyAlly
    ShyAlly said:

----------
    CSOIMP
    CSOIMP said:

----------

It seems like more people are getting affected by this issue, and these people seem like players that spend a considerable amount of time on MapleStory.

I don't see how they could just ignore it... that would be horrible.
    I see how they can. They're done, they've given up on this game its b
    Keysless
    Keysless said:

adgn
    adgn said:

Maybe 15min 2x coupons

I guarantee 0 compensation. Cash shop items not extended to make up for the time lost. And the accounts wont be unstuck until early march.

• KyIeKyIe
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    Junníe / 229 / Icelightning archmage / Scania / Jan 2nd 4AM PST

Logged onto my cannoneer ALT to transfer some items, logged back out, then tried to log back onto my main, and it just stuck there, forever moonwalking on the character selection screen. Every other character logs on fine on the account, but just not my main.