[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nodestone Nerf?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 2,925
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Before the maintenance I was slowly farming nodestones and I even got an Arcane symbol. After the maintenance...what happened to the drops in Arcane River? Less equips, nodestones and I have yet to see any more symbols. Keep in mind I'm farming with 145% drop rate. Anyone notice the same?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    I've noticed the exact opposite in terms of nodes o-O I've actually gotten MORE since Maintenance...can't say the same for Symbols.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2017
    Well I know someone who has 325% drop rate and they are getting about 1/4 of the drops that they were getting before.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    and I have no drop...except Lucky Winter/Big Spider...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2017
    What ch are you on I want in on that action?
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    So uhhh...am I the only one that's had nearly an average of 0 nodestones a day.
    I've also given up on farming after 6 hours during x2, using x2 drops, yielded in exactly 0.
    Totalling about 8 nodestones since day 1.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited January 2017
    I just have been doing my daily arcane river quests with 2x drop wolf familiar + 4% drop increase ability. I have averaged 2 nodestones a day while doing these daily quests, and it hasn't changed for me since the beginning.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,805
    edited January 2017
    @Orblit How fast were you killing monsters?

---
    Hunting at Tranquil Erda, Crilia, or Birdshark under 2x DROP I would gain 2-4 nodestones per hour. It has been consistent for me ever since release.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

@Orblit How fast were you killing monsters?

---
    Hunting at Tranquil Erda, Crilia, or Birdshark under 2x DROP I would gain 2-4 nodestones per hour. It has been consistent for me ever since release.
    One shotting + evan mobbing = it's not a matter of how fast...they just purely, don't drop.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    @Orblit
    I really have doubt with what you just said. I consider myself a very unlucky person, but 6 hours with 0 drop? Sure you aren't exaggerating?

Anyways, I get about 20~60 every 3 hour of 2x session as a Hero. The nodestone drop rate is very inconsistent for some reason as you can see, maybe it's just your luck? Either way I will test it this weekend.

I sure hope it's not another one of Nexon's ninja nerfs....
  • OrblitOrblit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @ShiroiSenkou
    Not even exaggerating, 6 hours of 2x and no nodestones. Then I turn around and first three kills into vanishing journey dailies and they drop one. Another nodestone wouldn't be seen again for days.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    @ShiroiSenkou well my drop rate is relatively normal in terms of...today I got two nodes, and a symbol within one Lucky Winter...although a buff in drop rate would be AMAZING for everyone who is struggling.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    got 4 nodes and a symbol doing quests with no drop rate.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I get the occasional nodestone, but arcanes I've only ever had one drop the entire time since the release of V J and I always use spider + drop % gear, drop% ability and all. I just have horrible luck with those. Good thing we have dailies that reward them. I hope they put in dailies or another event for nodestones some time.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    @Booberpuppy Yes, more node events. I want them naow
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited January 2017
    It's RNG...you theoretically can get 10 nodes in 10 minutes or just 1 node in 10 hours.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    % drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

: "% drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check."
    I wouldn't doubt it. Nothing that works outside of our favor as players surprises me these days.
  • KanadoKanado
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    With me it happens the same, yesterday for example 6 hours of grind I received only 2 nodes.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Normally obtain 50 nodes/hour without 2x event, this 2x event I earned about 20/hour. What's going on?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

% drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check.
    Does your friend know how to fix this bug or is my character broken forever / until the next maintenance or something?