[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nodestone Nerf?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Before the maintenance I was slowly farming nodestones and I even got an Arcane symbol. After the maintenance...what happened to the drops in Arcane River? Less equips, nodestones and I have yet to see any more symbols. Keep in mind I'm farming with 145% drop rate. Anyone notice the same?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    I've noticed the exact opposite in terms of nodes o-O I've actually gotten MORE since Maintenance...can't say the same for Symbols.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2017
    Well I know someone who has 325% drop rate and they are getting about 1/4 of the drops that they were getting before.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    and I have no drop...except Lucky Winter/Big Spider...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2017
    What ch are you on I want in on that action?
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    So uhhh...am I the only one that's had nearly an average of 0 nodestones a day.
    I've also given up on farming after 6 hours during x2, using x2 drops, yielded in exactly 0.
    Totalling about 8 nodestones since day 1.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited January 2017
    I just have been doing my daily arcane river quests with 2x drop wolf familiar + 4% drop increase ability. I have averaged 2 nodestones a day while doing these daily quests, and it hasn't changed for me since the beginning.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @Orblit How fast were you killing monsters?

---
    Hunting at Tranquil Erda, Crilia, or Birdshark under 2x DROP I would gain 2-4 nodestones per hour. It has been consistent for me ever since release.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

@Orblit How fast were you killing monsters?

---
    Hunting at Tranquil Erda, Crilia, or Birdshark under 2x DROP I would gain 2-4 nodestones per hour. It has been consistent for me ever since release.
    One shotting + evan mobbing = it's not a matter of how fast...they just purely, don't drop.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    @Orblit
    I really have doubt with what you just said. I consider myself a very unlucky person, but 6 hours with 0 drop? Sure you aren't exaggerating?

Anyways, I get about 20~60 every 3 hour of 2x session as a Hero. The nodestone drop rate is very inconsistent for some reason as you can see, maybe it's just your luck? Either way I will test it this weekend.

I sure hope it's not another one of Nexon's ninja nerfs....
  • OrblitOrblit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @ShiroiSenkou
    Not even exaggerating, 6 hours of 2x and no nodestones. Then I turn around and first three kills into vanishing journey dailies and they drop one. Another nodestone wouldn't be seen again for days.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    @ShiroiSenkou well my drop rate is relatively normal in terms of...today I got two nodes, and a symbol within one Lucky Winter...although a buff in drop rate would be AMAZING for everyone who is struggling.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    got 4 nodes and a symbol doing quests with no drop rate.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I get the occasional nodestone, but arcanes I've only ever had one drop the entire time since the release of V J and I always use spider + drop % gear, drop% ability and all. I just have horrible luck with those. Good thing we have dailies that reward them. I hope they put in dailies or another event for nodestones some time.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    @Booberpuppy Yes, more node events. I want them naow
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2017
    It's RNG...you theoretically can get 10 nodes in 10 minutes or just 1 node in 10 hours.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    % drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

: "% drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check."
    I wouldn't doubt it. Nothing that works outside of our favor as players surprises me these days.
  • KanadoKanado
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    With me it happens the same, yesterday for example 6 hours of grind I received only 2 nodes.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Normally obtain 50 nodes/hour without 2x event, this 2x event I earned about 20/hour. What's going on?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

% drop rate equips don't function correctly after you kill gollux or something according to my friend... I haven't bothered to check.
    Does your friend know how to fix this bug or is my character broken forever / until the next maintenance or something?