[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[EVENT] Burning character "Request Failed"

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    @AlexandreFournier , that post doesn't say which of the several issues with the Mega Burning Project is under investigation.
    Could be this one, but could also be the missing boxes, or the duplicate boxes.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited December 2016
    i was able to remake but that was during the regular burning event not these mega ones.

i'd submit a ticket to ask them to check your account. they might be able to fix it account by account.

if it was more a systemic problem, good luck waiting for them to fix it...it could be the next maintenance or the next mega burning event.
  • GooblyGoobly
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    So during the previous burning event I chose to make a kanna mule, but immediately changed my mind and wanted to make a demon slayer. In order to change the burned character i deleted the lvl1 kanna and created a demon slayer, but when I accepted the burn option, i got a "Request Failed" prompt. I proceeded to try to make an explorer, shade, hayato, kanna (again), and a few other characters to burn, but every single attempt I got another "Request Failed" prompt. So for this event I decided to test whether the problem would re-occur so I successfully created a burned Demon Slayer, deleted it and made another one, attempted to burn it and got the "Request Failed" prompt yet again.

tl;dr - Make sure you know which character you want to burn and DO NOT delete it! As far as i know you are unable to make another one.

p.s. should have mentioned this before but i only get this problem on GRAZED servers. Windia and Scania servers i can delete and re-create burning characters.
    Hope this helps at least one person out there!
    Happy new years :)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    It's all luck, me and a friend both managed to remake our burned characters...although I didn't receive my awards properly till level 60 :T
    Goobly
  • GooblyGoobly
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

It's all luck, me and a friend both managed to remake our burned characters...although I didn't receive my awards properly till level 60 :T
    ah i see. i guess the data in my experiment was lacking. Thanks for the info!
  • U8MySausageU8MySausage
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Well I just made a burning character and it's not giving me the burning gear (frozen set, etc....) so there is that as well.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    check start notifier when hitting lv 30+? i didn't get mine until i realize a new quest after i advanced to 2nd job. but the quest could have arrived before i job advanced. nexon is getting more and more inconsistent.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    MomTeresa
    MomTeresa said:

: "nexon is getting more and more inconsistent."
    Now I just wonder how much of it is intentional or accidental, because these days they sure don't bother explaining themselves very well when it comes to these issues.

• GR3GX1GR3GX1
    edited January 2017
    Long story short, deleted my Burning Event character, and when I created a new character the option to let the new character Burn was given, but resulted in a "request failed" prompt popping up.

After reading the solution provided by Known Issues with 12/15 Update; I synchronized the time and date on my computer to nist.gov. No change.
  • WillardSeideWillardSeide
    Reactions: 100
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Its funny because on other worlds i can remake and delete characters so many times and it would burn but on my main server Mardia if i try to remake a character i get the "request failed" error.
  • GR3GX1GR3GX1
    edited January 2017
    So re-Burning doesn't work if you have a certain number of characters in that world, no matter how many open slots? Wonderful.
  • Gabrields5Gabrields5
    edited January 2017

I have the same problem and I can not find a solution, on the galicia server
  • Gabrields5Gabrields5
    edited January 2017

I have the same problem and I can not find a solution, on the galicia server
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    mon0
    mon0 said:

As far as I know you never could remake a burning Character if you deleted it.
    It's once per account.
    Funny because I did it last week.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    For the time being try not to delete burning character until they resolve the issue.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    For anyone curious about some of the posts in this thread, it was merged of 12 individual discussions on the matter of deleting a burning character and then receiving the message "Request Failed." This thread has been forwarded as bulk feedback. Thank you!
    For anyone currently experiencing this issue, we request the below:
    1. Attempt to create a burning character, keeping note of the server time (UTC).
    2. Provide the character name you attempted to use, the world you attempted to create the character in, the server time mentioned above, and your main character's name (for identification).
  • FreedomFreedom
    Reactions: 515
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    For anyone curious about some of the posts in this thread, it was merged of 12 individual discussions on the matter of deleting a burning character and then receiving the message "Request Failed." This thread has been forwarded as bulk feedback. Thank you!
    For anyone currently experiencing this issue, we request the below:
    1. Attempt to create a burning character, keeping note of the server time (UTC).
    2. Provide the character name you attempted to use, the world you attempted to create the character in, the server time mentioned above, and your main character's name (for identification).

I created the burning character on Apr 12, 18:30 PDT (Apr 13, 01:30 AM UTC)
    The first burning character name was "FreedomCrit", and then I deleted this character, and I tried to create and burn a new character named "FreedomLight". When it said that request failed, I deleted it too.
    The world is Renegades.
    My main character's name is "Freedom10A".

And now though I have deleted the original one, I cannot burn another character.

(Edit:
    Now the character name has been occupied by someone else.
    I got a new character "FreedomBreak".)
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    edited April 2017
    Freedom wrote: »
    ... I tried to create and burn a new character named "FreedomLight". When it said that request failed, I deleted it too...

After "Request Failed," the actual character was created? It just wasn't burning?
  • FreedomFreedom
    Reactions: 515
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Freedom wrote: »
    ... I tried to create and burn a new character named "FreedomLight". When it said that request failed, I deleted it too...

After "Request Failed," the actual character was created? It just wasn't burning?

Yes, and so I deleted it.
    Do I need to re-create the character and leave it there?

Now the character name has been occupied by someone else.
    I got a new character "FreedomBreak".
    After "Request Failed," the character is created, just not burning.
    MegaScience
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    edited April 2017
    Ah yes, that information is helpful. Forwarded it.