[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changing the royal style system..

kimchikimchi
Reactions: 540
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The topknot and rockstar hairs from this week's male royal hair rotation can be obtained through regular/VIP hair coupons. Why would I want to deal with royal rng when I could buy a VIP coupon?!

Here's this week's cash shop update: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20163/cash-shop-update-1-11

I'm upset that someone designed these hairstyles knowing that landing one of them with a royal coupon would cost us 3.3k nx.

So, I believe that nexon should take suggestions for royal hairs and faces. They could rotate in the two or three most up-voted styles, because rotating in six popular styles would obviously be less profitable--2-3 is a kind of compromise. I don't think this would make the popular hairs and faces trite; there could be, and there SHOULD be, a certain time frame before the same hair or face can be rotated in again.

I also think a "design a hair/face" contest would be a great implementation to royal styles. There are so many talented maplers who could definitely create cool, novel hairs and faces that the rest of us artistically-inept maplers could vote for.

I know there are some who think that paying 3.3k for a random amalgamation of pixels (aka a royal hair/face) is frivolous and unwise. I personally think the same, but I like making my pixels look good too much, LOL (^; Support my cause, friends!

tldr: royals this week aren't as great as many people would like, so let us vote for the styles we want, and submit our own designs!
Malvon
  1. Do you agree?26 votes
    1. Yes, nexon should take our suggestions for royal styles
       96% (25 votes)
    2. No.
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• utuiutui
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    Watch. Nexon's solution is to take top knot and rockstar out of VIP.
  • kimchikimchi
    edited January 2017
    utui
    utui said:

Watch. Nexon's solution is to take top knot and rockstar out of VIP.
    LMAO I wouldn't be surprised

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    This is what happens when you fire the CM who is the only person who has a brain AND plays the game.
    kimchi
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    KK used to push for peoples suggestions on royals. I don't think they check suggestions for royals anymore. So many styles we still haven't gotten.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited January 2017
    TBH, I'd even like them just to take out those VIP styles. It's totally garbage that they're in there in the first place. The worst thing is, it isn't that they're out of ideas. Banned story shows that there are a LOT of unreleased royals/all star hairs for guys. They just didn't want to bother, or they thought so few people used the VIP hairs that we wouldn't notice, or something.
    They used to have a suggestions thread for Royals, back before the forums were upgraded, but that thread was one that miraculously never returned. They seldom listened to it in the first place, but at least once in awhile, they did. They need to bring it back. Sure, we don't need Bright Eyes every update (user suggestions would lead to that.. because almost everyone suggested it for EVERY update, even if it was just there), but it was useful for getting it out there that there were other styles that we were interested in. The voting system would be great, but they'd get lazy with it and 'forget' eventually. That would be best to have them do one poll a month, and the two styles that are voted for (two per gender) appear at a rate of one per update. At least then some requests would be heard, and it wouldn't be something they could easily 'forget'.
    A design a hairstyle contest would be awesome, but knowing Nexon, someone would make an afro with a bird sitting in it, and that would win, because it's quirky. Or someone would make a hairstyle that looks like kitty ears again, and that would win. And that would be lame.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited January 2017
    Well being able to vote on new royals or even having some people even create there own designs for others to vote on would be quite a cool feature I would say and I would personally like to see what people could come up with for new hairs and faces. :)

Now for this sad travesty that had happened with the male royals this week, I would have liked to believe that Nexon would not have pulled this stunt with the male royals for this week by adding a few vip styles into the royal hair selection since you pay extra for the fact your supposed to be getting better hairs for your characters and not getting cheated out of what you pay for. But with no main community manager at this moment it looks like this issue will get passed on by and more disappointments like this will happen more often.

I do pray that this instance will not happen again.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    genji123
    genji123 said:

This is what happens when you fire the CM who is the only person who has a brain AND plays the game.
    it's not the teams fault that there's a lack of communication right now, until we get a new cm it's going to be hard to properly relay our wants and needs to the Maplestory team. Oneletter and Saygo are doing as much as they can to fill in for the time being, but you need to understand that these forums aren't their main priority, Oneletter is the head CM and Saygo is the Vindictus CM. We just need to be patient and wait for the position to get filled, since it recently disappeared of the careers page either they've found someone or they've just begun the interview process
    JettLuvsUkimchi
  • NumbNinjaNumbNinja
    Reactions: 995
    edited January 2017
    Regardless, the hairs in the current royal is terrible with the exception of a few.
    JettLuvsU
  • kimchikimchi
    edited January 2017
    Wow, terrible male royals again! Neat that there are lucid styles for females, though
  • SammieySammiey
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    This idea is great..i hope they will listen :) Would love to get better royal styles..got a royal hair & face coupon from the event but didn't get a chance to use it yet (almost expired..) because of the crappy hair styles. The 2 female short hairstyles of this week look alike as well..(number 1&6)