[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    -------------
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

SOOOOOO! How many hours do you think the maint will be tomorrow!!! My money's on 12-16 hours. (and another 8 extra)
    -------------
    If it means I can login again, I wouldn't even mind a 48 hour "maintenance."

So I hope it takes as long as it takes. :-)

-------------
    IMPDELF
    IMPDELF said:

What you guys think? Will Nexon actually fix this tomorrow? Yay or Nay.
    -------------
    I believe!
    I believe in Steve!

Nexon / employees are usually very quiet about bugs, so being told it'll be fixed gives me hope.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Leaving this here in case anyone missed it

"UPDATE - 1/9/17

We would like to apologize that some of you have been unable to access your characters, as observed across our forums and Customer Service portal. We posted an update last week on the forum that we have been investigating the issue, and today we’d like to let you know that we are making every effort to resolve this issue during our next scheduled maintenance on January 12th. We thank you for your ongoing patience while we looked into this issue. "

Link: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000158463-I-m-unable-to-access-specific-characters-on-my-account
    Dont worry. We didnt miss they reworded it to remove the horrible "compensations" -if you even dare calling that a compensation- and that the "should be fixed" got changed to "we gonna try our best"

So no hopes for this week
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2017
    They could compensate people really well by just creating a coupon that gives you 15 chu chu symbols or 8 vanishing journey symbols. You'd get as many coupons as days you were unable to log in. I'd be incredibly fine with JUST that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    buccaneerlol

: They could compensate people really well by just creating a coupon that gives you 15 chu chu symbols or 8 vanishing journey symbols. You'd get as many coupons as days you were unable to log in. I'd be incredibly fine with JUST that.

I'm not sure they know how many days you were unable to log in.
    And I think that may be the reason they removed the compensation from the notice: they can't actually tell who is locked out and who isn't, so they don't know who to compensate.
    AlexF
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    --------------------
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I'm not sure they know how many days you were unable to log in.
    And I think that may be the reason they removed the compensation from the notice: they can't actually tell who is locked out and who isn't, so they don't know who to compensate.
    --------------------
    They should know the "how long" part of it based on when we sent in a ticket asking them "Hey, I'm locked out..." If a ticket was never submitted, then the fallback would be when they posted in this thread. Anyone who didn't do either of those things doesn't really need compensation, in my opinion. If you didn't care enough about the issue to let Nexon know "Hey I'm also suffering from this. Please fix.", then you must not have been very bothered by it.

I would think that during the maintenance they should be able to verify that everyone who claimed to be locked out most likely was actually locked out. Even if it's not 100% accurate, they should be able to figure out who was "likely" to have been locked based on how many nodestones they opened.

An alternative would be to look at all the players on this list (and who sent in tickets). Verify that they didn't do their dailies during the dates they said they were locked. Anyone who was consistently doing the dailies but then stopped suddenly was most likely locked.

But all of that takes a lot of effort, so I understand they wouldn't do that.
  • RudeusRudeus
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2017
    Meh, I think the maintenance will be a normal one, where it ends at 10am PST. If they don't fix it by end, wait another week >.>
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    edited January 2017
    Well I submitted a ticket 8 days ago. The maintenance isn't for 12-13 hours, therefore I should be receiving 8 days of dailies, minimum. Hopefully they'll let us submit a new ticket requesting the missing symbols at the very least.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    LF>maintenance notes.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Lol if only they spent half as much effort as they spend on promotions/sales to fix our bugs
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20183/scheduled-minor-patch-january-12-2017

I wonder if its true we will be able to log, and also whats the compensation going to be
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    Its a very long maintenance so its clearly taking some time to fix.

Also the compensation will be the same as they previously stated I would think.
  • MewsMews
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    So does anyone know if they're actually trying to find a permanent issue so this doesn't happen again or are they just extending the limit until it happens again in a few years down the road or something.
  • CorruptingCorrupting
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    so will there be a chance we will be stuck again?
    I am assuming the patch is to UNSTUCK players
  • surisuri
    edited January 2017
    Corrupting

so will there be a chance we will be stuck again?
    LOL !! cough cough.

• ixKrowixKrow
    edited January 2017
    Can't wait for the fix after maintenance! Then we can get those juicy 15 minute 2x coupons (((((:

That'll replace the Miracle Time, multiple events/dailies, and 3-4 weeks of general game-play I missed!
    Smadar
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    I'll be content as long as they fix the bug without breaking anything else.
  • EtherealM5EtherealM5
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    in before all your nodes are deleted along with your arcane force, but please enjoy 6 hours of 2x ^_^

holy you cant type lnb4, it gets auto deleted on this forum lol
  • surisuri
    edited January 2017
    So I was able to login which is great ty nexon !

However I recieved NO compensation at all as promised. Also I got taxed $300,000 by Frederick as I could not collect my items.

IGN : winner1

World: khaini

Char: L227 Nightlord.

• ApuloeApuloe
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    I guess they took my "keep your shitty compensation" literally
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited January 2017
    Muhahaha, I got my Outlaw Heart to Legendary with the Black Cubes Nexon gave us (on last cube)! That's the only thing I wanted to do during Miracle Time, so I guess it's all fine now.

I lost out a lot on farming and character development, but whatever, I can catch up.