[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"unscheduled maintenance"

BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
Reactions: 3,415
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Unscheduled maintenance sprung on us all of a sudden, and I mean like 5 minutes before it happens...just wondering what's up. Seems to be an emergency. Anyone in the know?

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    Booberpuppy

Unscheduled maintenance sprung on us all of a sudden, and I mean like 5 minutes before it happens...just wondering what's up. Seems to be an emergency. Anyone in the know?
    If the rumors are true, people are duping items which apparently are responsible for those channel crashes that people have been complaining about.

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited January 2017
    Not until we get the notes. =/
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    Like Azn said. If i was to take a guess, it was because of the channel crashing, more than likely the crashes weren't a stability problem but a hack.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited January 2017
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

: "If the rumors are true, people are duping items which apparently are responsible for those channel crashes that people have been complaining about."
    Eek! I guess it is very necessary, then. It just happened so fast and usually not so unless it is something REALLY bad. Hopefully no rollbacks inc...
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    Booberpuppy

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

: "If the rumors are true, people are duping items which apparently are responsible for those channel crashes that people have been complaining about."
    Eek! I guess it is very necessary, then. It just happened so fast and usually not so unless it is something REALLY bad. Hopefully no rollbacks inc...
    i'd advise against mentioning that word, that word itself spreads FUD.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited January 2017
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Booberpuppy

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

i'd advise against mentioning that word, that word itself spreads FUD.
    VOLDEMORT!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2017
    Well then...back to making Spam Musubi.
    Madi
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited January 2017
    Its a maintenance, i hope they unstick my character while they are at it haha
  • bluedrags123bluedrags123
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    rollback wont happen in reboot server sence you cant trade in reboot
    Rhaya
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    There is duping going around might as well say good bye to our Frenzy Totems GRAZED players :B
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited January 2017
    bluedrags123

: "rollback wont happen in reboot server sence you cant trade in reboot"
    That's a good point. Glad I am in reboot, good insurance against rollbacks. :D
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited January 2017
    Hopefully there is less lag and channels crashing after this server check
    Booberpuppy
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    Duping going around in Scania
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited January 2017
    genji123
    genji123 said:

I think that would be the same for most servers except for Reboot. I know Bera had some crashes earlier today in some channels
  • LovelycatLovelycat
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    gather
    gather said:

genji123
    genji123 said:

I think that would be the same for most servers except for Reboot. I know Bera had some crashes earlier today in some channels
    Dont roll back, I have 1 no boom unused
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    As I said on reddit, I love how no one mentions that nexon could take this time to extend the maintenance and issue our black friday and december spender reward points while the game is down but na wait till next week I guess.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    mon0
    mon0 said:

: As I said on reddit, I love how no one mentions that nexon could take this time to extend the maintenance and issue our black friday and december spender reward points while the game is down but na wait till next week I guess.

That's because they already tried issuing those rewards and (at least in some cases?) failed.
    This means that either their record of who deserves what, or their script for issuing the rewards based on said record, are broken. And they don't have time to check and fix them now, because they're focused on fixing whatever was so urgent (presumably the dupes) and getting the game back up again.

"Extend the maintenance and also fix [whatever is most important to me]" will rarely find agreement from more than a tiny minority of players.

Now, if you'd said, "Extend the maintenance and move the jewelcrafting bunny out of Event Hall" ...
    WabbitSlayerBooberpuppyLair
  • FleaFlea
    Reactions: 920
    edited January 2017
    Game is back up now.
  • WabbitSlayerWabbitSlayer
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    Flea
    Flea said:

Game is back up now.
    Thank you Flea, your efforts in bringing word back to us are appreciated. <3
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    Flea
    Flea said:

Game is back up now.
    Did the game even go down?

I logged off before the game was supposedly supposed to. But there's no maintenance post for me to verify that the game did indeed go down.