[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event Hall bugged, have to go every 20 mins.

KnofbathKnofbath
Reactions: 740
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Event Hall is really laggy, and has been for a long time. Yet the Firework merchant requires us to visit lagged Event Hall every 20 mins 10x per day.

The fixes would be to fix Event Hall(unlikely based on past performance), copy the NPC to a major town, or let us turn in 20 minute quest from Event Star.

Event Shop NPC also needs copied to a major town.

Seriously, I only get 0.5 frames per second in Event Hall, and the Maplestory client just stops responding every 10 seconds while I'm there. Stop making me go there.
BooberpuppyVinsaneBahamut_XQilbyMiranius

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    The fact that they put the turn-in NPC in that spaghetti room is raw testament to the FACT that they DO NOT CARE about people having extreme FPS lag problems in that room, to the point that they wind up DCing or just have to pray they can get out in time before getting stuck in lag hell. They know well enough by now that this has been a problem for a long time now, and yet they refuse to fix it or create workarounds for us. They just shove the NPC in that room without consideration of the consequences to the players. The proof is in the pudding, folks. A lot of us can not even participate in the event now.

If they don't end this nonsense soon, I'm hanging up on all of it for good. I really like Maplestory as a game, and I want to see it prosper, and I know it could...but the people at helm within Nexon seem to be completely apathetic to these sort of issues which desperately need their utmost focus and attention. Why else would they do this to us?

P.S. - GET RID OF THE MAPLE WORLD RECORDS SPAM
    ShiroiSenkouDnaman101IvangoldQilbyVinsaneFennekinTashie
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    Booberpuppy

The fact that they put the turn-in NPC in that spaghetti room is raw testament to the FACT that they DO NOT CARE about people having extreme FPS lag problems in that room, to the point that they wind up DCing or just have to pray they can get out in time before getting stuck in lag hell. They know well enough by now that this has been a problem for a long time now, and yet they refuse to fix it or create workarounds for us. They just shove the NPC in that room without consideration of the consequences to the players. The proof is in the pudding, folks. A lot of us can not even participate in the event now.

If they don't end this nonsense soon, I'm hanging up on all of it for good. I really like Maplestory as a game, and I want to see it prosper, and I know it could...but the people at helm within Nexon seem to be completely apathetic to these sort of issues which desperately need their utmost focus and attention. Why else would they do this to us?

P.S. - GET RID OF THE MAPLE WORLD RECORDS SPAM
    How very true. I am flabbergasted by the fact that how they absolutely do not care about the players who cannot enter the event hall like myself. I missed out on the jewel crafting event because they refused to bring the bunny out of the event hall and now, this.

To be honest, the solution to this event hall lag is very simple. All they have to do simply just delete those npc and problem solved. But I guess even that is just too much to ask from them.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    the issue with the event hall is the fact that the lag generating NPC(s) is there (Maple Admin and maybe cassondra) if they could seal them somewhere else where we were not forced to be around them it would be great
  • JaththeGodJaththeGod
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2017
    Nexon just needs to move the shop OUTSIDE of event hall. Can well all please go and spam the support with this
    RandomVixen
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    Man....since i traded pc i can't go in the event hall(maybe it's the fact that my new pc have 4 cores while the old 1 i guess).
    I already gave up completely on the bunny event since they like to troll the players to only teleport the bunny after the event or near the end....
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Man....since i traded pc i can't go in the event hall(maybe it's the fact that my new pc have 4 cores while the old 1 i guess).
    I already gave up completely on the bunny event since they like to troll the players to only teleport the bunny after the event or near the end....
    You could turn it off someone posted on reddit. Go to task managers and set affinity to only 1 cpu
  • tanssiatanssia
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, I can't go into event hall. I haven't been in that place, it seems like forever, because once I try to, I literally lag out, and then have to try to do some kind of massive spamming of the up button when I log back in so that I can miraculously get out.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    Here's the thing - all their testers say they're unable to replicate the lag bug. Even though EVERYONE FREAKING TELLS THEM THERE IS ONE.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    I pretty much get this along with some pop-ups for Anti-Hack detection.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    edited January 2017
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

Here's the thing - all their testers say they're unable to replicate the lag bug. Even though EVERYONE FREAKING TELLS THEM THERE IS ONE.
    That's probably because the testers are using newer hardware, and have low latency due to being in California near the servers. Also, if they are running on a test server, they won't have the massive amounts of lag that us normal players deal with daily.
    Bahamut_X
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited January 2017
    Can nexon move the coin shop and firework man to the main town to make life easier? My main was stuck there for 2 days,, damn
  • FlameWizardBlancFlameWizardBlanc
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited January 2017
    I don't even want to set foot in the event map because i know i will lag and more than likely dc in there so these events i cant even participate in, so now really its like whats the point in events?
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    Knofbath
    Knofbath said:

Event Hall is really laggy, and has been for a long time. Yet the Firework merchant requires us to visit lagged Event Hall every 20 mins 10x per day.

The fixes would be to fix Event Hall(unlikely based on past performance), copy the NPC to a major town, or let us turn in 20 minute quest from Event Star.

Event Shop NPC also needs copied to a major town.

Seriously, I only get 0.5 frames per second in Event Hall, and the Maplestory client just stops responding every 10 seconds while I'm there. Stop making me go there.
    I have a pretty decent computer and I lag horridly in Event Hall, I don't even think putting down all the settings would make it better even. How are you seeing your FPS? Is there an option that I've not found or are you still using the old trick with FRAPS? Or are you running through Steam?

• ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

There is no testers to begin with.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    edited January 2017
    Cobain
    Cobain said:

I have a pretty decent computer and I lag horridly in Event Hall, I don't even think putting down all the settings would make it better even. How are you seeing your FPS? Is there an option that I've not found or are you still using the old trick with FRAPS? Or are you running through Steam?
    No in-client option for fps counter that I've found. Steam overlay can be added by launching it through Steam as a Non-Steam Game.

Still lags whether launching through Steam or Nexon Launcher.
  • RandomVixenRandomVixen
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    please move the event shop & put it in towns....& is there anyway that cassandra & maple admin become an icon on the left of the screen?
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2017
    Its been like this forever yet this company refuses to do anything about it.......the more we tell them to fix it the more they seem to not give a dam about it -_- i don't know why its so hard; and i have a 2 and 3yr old laptop/pc and even with the settings down to the lowest they can go i can't even get it so all these stupid coin shops and the firework events are so useless cause a lot of players can't even access it......yet no one from Nexon seem's to want to address this issue