[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crash after selecting NA Server

mileswhittsmileswhitts
Reactions: 255
edited January 2017 in Tech Support
Once again, I can no longer log in to the game after the latest patch. This was an issue for me same time last month (around 12/20) and now it's back! I have tried re-installing game launcher. I'm extremely disappointed with the service from this horrendous company. Fix your game or risk losing a large amount of the player base. Nostalgia can't keep me here if I can't even play the game.
kingoffish236

Comments

• OkumanOkuman
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    You can bypass the region issue by waiting a minute before selecting a region. However, another problem arises afterwards.

From the login screen on, all the way to the pin pad, there is a 100% chance that you will disconnect sometime in that interval if you were previously effected by the region selection issue. I have yet to found a way to fix this. It seems like restarting my laptop allows me to be disconnection-free for the first time I launch the game; however, if I disconnect during that attempt I will then have to restart my laptop again in order to get in game.
  • KingDroKingDro
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    I'm having the same issue, and when I do manage to log on, I disconnect almost 5 mins after being online. We need a fix asap.
  • LiesLies
    Reactions: 910
    edited January 2017
    Lowkey relieved that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Well looks like we gonna wait again for decades for this to be resolved.
  • PrincessNinjatoPrincessNinjato
    Reactions: 1,845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Ah I see I am not the only one having this issue too
    *update*
    I am online...Took a LOT of re tires but I am online
  • AmakuniAmakuni
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    i'm also suffering from this issue.. only way to bypass it at least for me is reducing my pc's resolution down to 1024x768 or 800x600 and i'm able to login without any dc's at all.
  • CarlacCarlac
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited January 2017
    I too am experiencing this issue. Prior to the unannounced maintenance things were fine but now I dc at every attempt to launch. Nexon - FIX THIS PLEASE.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Someone on Reddit shared this video, it worked for me after following the instructions. Just an FYI, the clip does have adult language but nothing a frustrated MS player would have already said aloud by now.

https://youtu.be/e2BipXgPzTA
    jkl
  • jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    cant login to maplestory crashes when click on choose NA region server 1 time i got past it i was about to login and crashed before the game was about to open
  • OkumanOkuman
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    That video didn't help me.
    I can already get past the region selection screen with no problem,
    but whenever I wait for the game to reach 550,
    it always crashes automatically at around 545.
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited January 2017
    Tried to heed the videos advice, it didn't work at all.

*Edit, don't mean to sound like a prick sorry just pissed
  • TJsForumIDTJsForumID
    Reactions: 230
    edited January 2017
    Yea, before the unscheduled maintenance was the best few days of an incredibly stable server connection I've ever had in my 8 years of this game. I was blown away by how the impossible was achieved. Then came the unschedule maintenance and bam, game destroyed again.
    jklAmakuni
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    This game is so broken, dear god.
  • TJsForumIDTJsForumID
    Reactions: 230
    edited January 2017
    I discovered something that works spectacular for me, but not sure if it is the overall issue here. It appears that on ALL of my gaming PC's in my house has the same issue because of running the Nexon Launcher and/or Game client on the SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD). I decided to delete everything maple AND Nexon Launcher from the entire PC (again f3), but this time I manually redirected ALL installation folders to install both the Nexon Launcher AND Maplestory client to my Standard Storage Hard Disk Drive (HDD). This seems to have immediately corrected my issue and now the Maplestory Client runs absolutely PERFECT with no stability issues. This would explain why our Gaming Laptop was the only one that could play this game because it is our only PC that does NOT have A Solid State Drive (SSD). I hope this actually helps at least some players, if not all, who are having this issue. It may possibly be an issue with the speed transfer rates of SSD's that the Nexon software is not yet updated to handle?
    Chansturr
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited January 2017
    Hey everyone, just an update: Still cannot play at all. And I don't even have a Solid State Drive on the laptop I'm using so that's not the issue.

Edit: resolved without interference
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited January 2017
    Guess what?! After the newest Unscheduled Maintenance, I cannot play again. Crashing every time I select a server. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM, NEXON?! It has literally been over a month, with absolutely no progress. Get it together.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited February 2017
    Not sure if this applies, but I get the "Maplestory has stopped working" error ALL THE TIME after selecting NA server. Sometimes I managed to get in, but I'd crash back to desktop 5 minutes later. |: It's really annoying and I've stopped logging on unless it's for hot days.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's happening again after the new patch. :\ I've tried 5 times already and I hear an error noise after I select NA and it crashes.
  • MrPPKMrPPK
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited February 2017
    unable to log in at luna or disconecting after a few seconds

emergency maintenance pls
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    If I do manage to make it pass the region select, world select, and PIN, I get an NGS Update Error: 0xe0100601 (-535820799) after 2 or 3 minutes.
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited February 2017
    Installing new update now, hopefully that resolves something.