[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory has stopped working Issue

Comments

• UrrLUrrL
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Yea. I'm experiencing the same issues too "Maplestory have stopped working." After multiple attempts, I was able to get into the game. Not even flooded with people. There's no maintenance or anything like that. Occurs on a daily basis. I already changed my compatibility to win7,8, but it's still occurring. I get into character selection then it freezes/crash or when selecting NA/Europe screen, it freezes/crashes. I already disable my firewall. I don't use any anti-virus programs. Sometimes there so many random freezes/crash in middle of game. My graphics driver is well up-to-date.

They need to fix this sh!t. Getting annoying af for several months.
    jkl
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    This happens to me, too. I report to customer support for more than a month about that issue.
    Sadly, they are convinced the issue is with my graphic driver being outdated or internet issue.
    I strongly believe the crash issue is not because of my graphic driver or internet issue.

I might have internet issues but I had these issues when I played under EMS v1.17 and below and I never had these freezes/crashes like that.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2017
    so muchs crash in it game.. is the first game w found it problem. i cant play to cause of crashes , we need a fix to it by part of the staff, i play wow and ritmolove and normal but whit ms aww x.x
  • LougLoug
    Reactions: 660
    edited January 2017
    ruth02
    ruth02 said:

so muchs crash in it game.. is the first game w found it problem. i cant play to cause of crashes , we need a fix to it by part of the staff, i play wow and ritmolove and normal but whit ms aww x.x
    the thing is: wow isn't made by a gold digger company, like nexon.
  • eggnoodleeggnoodle
    Reactions: 600
    edited January 2017
    I have tried for past 5 days to log in. I either get to world menu or as far as the character menu in Demthos and game stops working. I'm frustrated.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited January 2017
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

need to logg in for 6-7 times before i can play.....ah well....at least your cash shop is working huh ? F5
    Same problem. Hate it when i have to change my character and Maple close completely and have to try to open the log in window again..and you have to try lik 5-8 x .
  • xSookyxxSookyx
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    I still have the same problem, missing out on a ton of event, still no fix to my knowledge I've tried everything in this forum and it still crashes nonstop.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Having the same issue.
  • CKMagusCKMagus
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem.
    Crashes after clicking a region.
    Chashes when you try to choose character
    If you manage to enter the game then at any time the game is paralyzed and crashed.
    IT'S A LUCK THAT YOU PLAY QUIET WELL.
  • jkljkl
    edited January 2017
    cant login to maplestory crashes when click on choose NA region server 1 time i got past it i was about to login and crashed before the game was about to open
  • OkumanOkuman
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    Day 3:
    still cannot get past the character selection screen
    jklclon987
  • NebulousViperNebulousViper
    Reactions: 940
    edited January 2017
    I was having the same problem all through Winter break (for my school, that's over a month long-). At first, I couldn't get past the region selection. Then I couldn't pick my server. And then I finally got to pick a server and a channel, but then it crashes. This is happening on both my old laptop and my brand new laptop.

At first, I thought the issue was because my old laptop was, well... too old... and couldn't handle MapleStory anymore (I actually had to delete things off the old one because the storage was full and MS couldn't update when there wasn't enough room). I only made it to the region select section after I logged in with the old laptop. Then I just gave up after like 5 tries.

I was getting a new laptop anyways in case the old one eventually dies (this thing is like over 3 years old at this point tbh. It's gonna happen sooner or later). As soon as I got the new laptop, literally the first three things I downloaded were: a new default browser (because who wants to use Internet Explorer these days?), the Sims 3 (plus World Adventures and Generations expansions), and MapleStory. I wasn't able to play for a while because I had my hands tied with other things, so it wasn't until January 13th that I tried launching it on the new laptop. Like the old laptop, it froze in region selection. On the third try, I got to channel selection and as soon as I moved my mouse, it froze again. Fourth try: Managed to click on a server, then crashes. Fifth try: I managed to select a channel and then it crashed (I actually recorded that session to show my friend what was happening when I tried to get in). Several tries after, it just froze every time I picked a channel. I just gave up and went to see if anyone else was having this problem and here we are.

I'm annoyed that MS isn't working for me and that there isn't much of a solution, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I really am curious about what could be causing this problem and wonder if it's just a bad patch. :/ Another friend of mine was able to get in just fine (she tweets a lot of pictures of what she's currently doing in the game) and she isn't sure why it's happening either. She also noted that there were a lot less players than usual whenever she got in... I haven't tried again lately due schoolwork now, but whenever I have the time, I'll see if I can get on or not after 2 weeks since the last time...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2017
    When i sent nexon a ticket about this, they said it could be a number of issues, wireless connection may be cauaing it, drive updates may be needed, compatibility and to make sure minimum specs are on the cpu or laptop. But i also searched around and people online have mentioned it being due to the region merge. When the screen to select region, wait like 30 seconds then choose, it usually works. If you try to click to fast ot may be what is crashing the game.
  • jkljkl
    edited January 2017
    still cant login to server keeps crashing when click on north America server
    edited January 2017
    jkl
    jkl said:

still cant login to server keeps crashing when click on north America server
    Its the patch. Its bugged, too many processes to read and execute, they probably dont know it's the patch. Only clean and up to date laptops less than a year old will not have issues.
  • kogatai1992kogatai1992
    edited January 2017

I downloaded more than 10gb to start playing, more when I enter the game and I choose the region, soon after it crashes and closes, this has been happening since the last update. I hope it gets fixed right away, and from what I see it's not just me anymore with many other people too. Please NEXON, do something urgent!
    edited January 2017
    kogatai1992

I downloaded more than 10gb to start playing, more when I enter the game and I choose the region, soon after it crashes and closes, this has been happening since the last update. I hope it gets fixed right away, and from what I see it's not just me anymore with many other people too. Please NEXON, do something urgent!
    The foundation of the problem is the merging of the servers (europe and nexon america)
    edited January 2017
    kogatai1992

I would suggest installing windows 7 and trying it out using that operating system
    Linux or mac wont have those problems.
  • kogatai1992kogatai1992
    edited January 2017

I really think all this is not worth playing, having to change the operating system, in case NEXON had to see all these complaints and try to do something, the strangest thing is that a friend who lives in another city plays normal and I can not ... I'll wait, or is it because I downloaded my game for STEAM?
    edited January 2017
    kogatai1992

I really think all this is not worth playing, having to change the operating system, in case NEXON had to see all these complaints and try to do something, the strangest thing is that a friend who lives in another city plays normal and I can not ... I'll wait, or is it because I downloaded my game for STEAM?
    The thing is the more they add in the patches, the more specs are required to run the processes. So with every major update, a better quality of hardware and software is needed inherently. Even new laptops bought in stores may have issues because they're factory settings, gaming laptops are customized for these types of changes that patches bring.

For example you'd have no problem playing old maple story pre Big Bang right now because it had less content than now in the patch files

HustleExpressNebulousViper